FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

headinclouds Oct 13, 2017 9:56 am

A question about the sim environment. Is it cold or hot? When actually flying, the temperature can vary a lot, generally cold in my experience. Only a week to go.

Jagboi Oct 13, 2017 11:13 am

When you're at the controls, you will probably feel warm, just because it's an intense experience and you'll be concentrating hard.

It can get warm as you have 5 people in a small space with the electronics running as well. Don't wear a sweater!

KARFA Oct 13, 2017 11:15 am

I don't remember it being warm, but I don't remember it being cold either. One later should be fine (t-shirt or shirt).

noniron Oct 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Hope you all have a great time in the sims, after meeting KARFA at the 'Belfast Do' I was really tempted to join in this year but it was not to be!

I've been fortunate enough to, in previous life spent many hours in simulators, the temperature will be ambient so a shirt will be warm enough whilst in there even as PNF as you will get carried along in the buzz of what everyone is doing!

12939 Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

It's pretty warm in the sim. They're not called the sweat-box for nothing. Shirt-sleeves, or short-sleeves is about right.

GeorgeAmbler89 Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Very much looking forward to the evening (both the actual sim experience but also meeting some new fellow aviation enthusiasts!)

See you all there!

mikeec Oct 15, 2017 3:25 am

Parking at Hilton Garden

Would it be feasible to park at the Hilton Garden and walk round with whoever is meeting there? Just a thought, but I am guessing it might be residents only parking or chargeable so probably not worth it.

flatlander Oct 15, 2017 4:09 am

Non-guests can park at the HGI, it is charged (a day for £12 or so, maybe less for the evening) - but then, what is free near Heathrow? Of course you can park there and meet us in the bar (soft drinks only) before we walk over to the sim. I think that's probably the best option if coming to Heathrow by car.

KARFA Oct 15, 2017 4:30 am

There are also details of the BA car park you can use for free which were included in the PM I sent a few weeks ago with all the joining instructions.

flatlander Oct 15, 2017 9:22 am

No-one ever reads documentation...
(I had missed that the BA car park is free, I had thought it was paid also)

KARFA Oct 15, 2017 10:02 am

Originally Posted by flatlander (Post 28934749)
No-one ever reads documentation...
(I had missed that the BA car park is free, I had thought it was paid also)

What? I took literally 10 minutes of my life writing that PM and now you are saying no one read it? :p

S_W_S Oct 15, 2017 11:03 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28934888)
What? I took literally 10 minutes of my life writing that PM and now you are saying no one read it? :p

I read it ;) (several times)

Tobias-UK Oct 15, 2017 11:10 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S (Post 28935080)
I read it ;) (several times)

Aww, teacher’s pet :p

S_W_S Oct 15, 2017 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28935105)
Aww, teacher’s pet :p

:D

flatlander Oct 15, 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28934888)

I didn't follow the link about parking since I am parking overnight at the HGI.

(Lawyers are for following all the terms incorporated by reference when it matters :) )