FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

Soddon Sep 1, 2017 4:02 pm

My flight in will be in to LGW on the 26th because I decided why pay for one trip when I can have two for twice the price! Or in reality, since DUB is so ridiculously cheap to fly out of, two for the price of one. I'll spend that night somewhere in the general London area, take the tube out to LHR and will spend the night of the 27th at the Sheraton Skyline LHR. Gotta use those platinum benefits after all!

headinclouds Sep 17, 2017 11:03 am

Bumping up this thread with a few lodging questions. I have a general idea of the Bath road hotel strip with not any major differences among them. I was considering the Premier Inn that mikeec suggested. I do have SPG/Marriott status which can be helpful for early check-in and late checkout. I'll be coming from DCA on AA arriving about 11 am on Thu. I'll need a day to adjust. My plan was to stay at the LHR Shearton at the other end of Bath Road. Would appreciate any comments from regular users of the LHR airport hotels. Thanks...

Fontana Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28616811)
423 from Hatton Cross to Harlington Corner and on Bath Road is probably the best - it's free and runs every 30 minutes after 11. Last one is about 0030 though. Other than that uber will be plentiful and probably £5.

Tube does run all night but will only take you to T123 and T5 or T4 which is not going to be of much use going to Bath Road.

Hi Karfa,

The Tube does run all night on Friday and Saturday, however it doesn't go to T4 (loop), only T2,T3 and T5.

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/im...-map-large.gif

flylikelinz Sep 17, 2017 11:36 am

Who else lives in London and will just be taking the tube/uber like me :p

KARFA Sep 22, 2017 7:00 am

Hi folks. I know I have sent out PMs for the passport details and I have nearly everyone now. Just waiting for the following people now:

@mikeec
@Premier Owl
@cl65amg

Could you PM your passport details in the next few days please? I appreciate some may prefer not to send details over the PMs here - happy to do it by email/text/whatsapp, just let me know and I can give you my contact details.

Thanks.

Fitch Sep 22, 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by linzbh (Post 28826048)
Who else lives in London and will just be taking the tube/uber like me :p

Doubt you'll be taking Uber, given today's news ...

florens Sep 25, 2017 3:11 pm

How does it work for the payment? KARFA, you once said something about calling to do so. Which number should I call?

12939 Sep 26, 2017 2:59 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28857566)
How does it work for the payment? KARFA, you once said something about calling to do so. Which number should I call?

In the absence of a reply from KARFA... a few weeks before the sim session, you will receive a message from KARFA with the details of whom to call at BA to make your payment.

In case anyone isn't aware, they accept AMEX and if you use your BA AMEX card it is treated as BA spend so you get extra Avios.

KARFA Sep 26, 2017 3:21 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28857566)

Originally Posted by 12939 (Post 28859250)
In the absence of a reply from KARFA... a few weeks before the sim session, you will receive a message from KARFA with the details of whom to call at BA to make your payment.

In case anyone isn't aware, they accept AMEX and if you use your BA AMEX card it is treated as BA spend so you get extra Avios.

Thanks 12939 ^

Sorry I am catching up today and was just replying to some PMs asking the same question. I will be sending out the full instructions and information for the session by PM towards the end of the week. I will include details of how to pay as well - basically payment can be made anytime during the first two weeks in October.

KARFA Sep 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks to everyone for all your passport details. I have them all now apart from @Premier Owl

PMs will be going out this weekend with full details including how to pay and instructions on the day.

florens Sep 30, 2017 1:48 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28875731)
Thanks to everyone for all your passport details. I have them all now apart from @Premier Owl

PMs will be going out this weekend with full details including how to pay and instructions on the day.

Awesome. I'm already so excited!

headinclouds Sep 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikeec (Post 28616538)
We will have a car there so can most likely offer a lift back for a few people if anyone else is going back to that general area on 20th October. I'm in 747 Group 3.

Since I'm in your group I would appreciate a ride back to the Bath road hotel strip. I'll be staying at the Sheraton Heathrow at the far end of Bath Road, not the Skyline which is near the Premier Inn. Except for Soddon, am I the only one flying in from the USA?

S_W_S Sep 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28875731)

Thanks KARFA :), I'm looking forward to it.

bhbloke Oct 4, 2017 4:25 am

Anyone managed to catch hold of Andy at BAFT and pay yet?

Just trying to work out a good time to call him as he seems to be away from his desk a lot these last few days.

KARFA Oct 4, 2017 7:14 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 28891973)
Anyone managed to catch hold of Andy at BAFT and pay yet?

Just trying to work out a good time to call him as he seems to be away from his desk a lot these last few days.

I have been emailing Andy this week and he does send his apologies as he is sometimes difficult to track down and not always at his desk. You can always call and pay using the general number for BAFT - although I think Andy would like to say hello with all who are coming and have a chat.