FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28604916)
Correct. We got the possibility of using 4 sims for both nights so I am able to use 4 on one night to fit a few more in. I am just waiting for two people so there may be a minor change before this is confirmed (it's possible I may need top move someone from Group 1 or 2 on 27 October to 20 October). But regardless you are in now.

Brilliant! Thank you! Very excited :-)

If it helps I can do the 27th also. I'd prefer to do the 747 but happy to do 777. Also prefer to pay the money for four people rather than three.

Thanks again.

KARFA Jul 26, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89 (Post 28607092)
Brilliant! Thank you! Very excited :-)

If it helps I can do the 27th also. I'd prefer to do the 747 but happy to do 777. Also prefer to pay the money for four people rather than three.

Thanks again.

No problem, and thanks for the flexibility. Don't worry, no one will be in a three group if they don't want to be.

Originally Posted by S_W_S (Post 28606369)
Thanks for organising this KARFA, I'll hold off booking anything for the time being.

Originally Posted by Andrea3108 (Post 28606654)
Thanks very much for organising this @KARFA

I'm looking forward to it :-)

Thanks. I am looking forward to it also. As with most things I am 95% there with the groups, but the remaining 5% is proving to be the hardest bit. I want to get it all sorted this week.

On that point, it is possible one of my two unconfirmed people won't be able to come after all. Ideally I could do with a replacement rather than reorganise things. If anyone still wants to join, wants to bring someone else or knows someone who would like to do it could you let me know asap please.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28610433)
No problem, and thanks for the flexibility. Don't worry, no one will be in a three group if they don't want to be.

Thanks. I am looking forward to it also. As with most things I am 95% there with the groups, but the remaining 5% is proving to be the hardest bit. I want to get it all sorted this week.

On that point, it is possible one of my two unconfirmed people won't be able to come after all. Ideally I could do with a replacement rather than reorganise things. If anyone still wants to join, wants to bring someone else or knows someone who would like to do it could you let me know asap please.

Im just checking with a mate of mine now ... can you confirm the timings?

KARFA Jul 27, 2017 7:00 am

Just confirmed one of my two remaining ones so I can firm things a little bit more now.

Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 28606006)
That's very kind of you. I hope it works out, but if not, so be it. That weekend of the 27th is when the UK goes off summer time and the USA does not. Schedules are adjusted in odd ways for a few days during the switchover.

So you will be moved across to 20 October now and in Group 3 in the 747.

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89 (Post 28612031)
Im just checking with a mate of mine now ... can you confirm the timings?

Hi @GeorgeAmbler89. Timings on the evening? We have to be at Vanguard House by 6.20pm and that is a 10-15 minute walk from Hatton Cross tube station. Session is 7-11pm.

In terms of payment BA usually want it around 1-2 weeks before so it would be due I would say early October.

In terms of when I would need to know, asap please if possible. Basically the extra space is on 27 October so if your friend comes I would move you across to Group 2 on 27 October and you would be together, and I would move cl65amg in to Group 2 on 20 October (unless someone else on 27 October would prefer to be moved to 20 October?) which is where you currently are. If your friend can't make it you would stay where you are in Group 2 on 20 October.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28614384)
Just confirmed one of my two remaining ones so I can firm things a little bit more now.

So you will be moved across to 20 October now and in Group 3 in the 747.

Hi @GeorgeAmbler89. Timings on the evening? We have to be at Vanguard House by 6.20pm and that is a 10-15 minute walk from Hatton Cross tube station. Session is 7-11pm.

In terms of payment BA usually want it around 1-2 weeks before so it would be due I would say early October.

In terms of when I would need to know, asap please if possible. Basically the extra space is on 27 October so if your friend comes I would move you across to Group 2 on 27 October and you would be together, and I would move cl65amg in to Group 2 on 20 October (unless someone else on 27 October would prefer to be moved to 20 October?) which is where you currently are. If your friend can't make it you would stay where you are in Group 2 on 20 October.

Thanks for all those details. Unfortunately, my friend won't be able to make it.

Thank you

George

KARFA Jul 27, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89 (Post 28614560)
Thanks for all those details. Unfortunately, my friend won't be able to make it.

Thank you

George

No problem. Thanks for asking. In that case you will stay on 20 October.

KARFA Jul 27, 2017 9:27 am

I can confirm the groups now - feel free to book travel and hotels etc. as there won't be any further date changes for anyone.

20 October

747 (Group 1)
@KARFA
@12939
@flatlander

747 (Group 2)
@bhbloke
Neil B (K)
@GeorgeAmbler89
Malc

747 (Group 3)
@Andrea3108
@mikeec
@datschi
@headinclouds

777 (Group 4)
@Kungpo
@florens
@EI147
@linzbh

27 October

747 (Group 1)
@Pilot37
@Soddon
@S_W_S
@KARFA

747 (Group 2)
@memesweeper
memesweeper+1
@cl65amg
@dakaix

777 (Group 3)
@BoeBus
BoeBus+1
BoeBus+2
BoeBus+2

Pilot37 Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

Many thanks for arranging KARFA, looking forward to it!

Pilot37

BoeBus Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks @KARFA!

bhbloke Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks @KARFA ^

Looking forward to it, been a while since I've been involved in a 747 crash :)

flylikelinz Jul 27, 2017 9:46 am

I'm good with any allocation KARFA. I will be available any day and any aircraft and confirm my attendance guaranteed

Soddon Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am

Awesome Karfa! Thanks so much!

S_W_S Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

Great, thanks for sorting all of this out KARFA!

Looking like I might be on the mid afternoon LBA flight as well.

flatlander Jul 27, 2017 1:01 pm

The 747 again, I'll have to work to make sure it's as smooth as last time :)

Thanks again for arranging it all, KARFA.

I will also be in the Hilton Garden Inn.

headinclouds Jul 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Well, off to book some planes and rooms. Soddon mentioned some good ex-USA fares but I could not find them. I was planning an avios redemption, but not if there are some decent fares. How easy is late nite travel to Bath Road, where the SPG/Marriott hotels are located from the simulators? Last, but not least, thanks to KARFA.