Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nick585
Hot meals no longer offered on evening domestic services from LCY. Have been advised this is due to short flight times and speed of service.
I'm not entirely surprised but it's disappointing. Thanks for passing this information on nick585, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum - I hope that you will make yourself at home here and that we will see plenty more of you.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was informed by an experienced crew member out of LGW that CE only get 4 miniatures of JD and 3 large standard bottles of champers for the entire return, so there and back. Is this right?

I remember when they pulled opened the tray and there were a whole world of spirits to rummage through, I haven't really paid that much attention as I tend to go for window seats. I imagine this is all part of the cost management in their DNA :P
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I was informed by an experienced crew member out of LGW that CE only get 4 miniatures of JD and 3 large standard bottles of champers for the entire return, so there and back. Is this right?

I remember when they pulled opened the tray and there were a whole world of spirits to rummage through, I haven't really paid that much attention as I tend to go for window seats. I imagine this is all part of the cost management in their DNA :P

4 miniatures of JD is certainly true (sadly).
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA 876 LHR-TLL 12 September

Flew today's LHR-TLL 'long' breakfast service. No menu for 'long' breakfast I guess? Apologies for the crap lighting.

Yoghurt with apples fairly bland. Eggs utter crap - textured like a hollandaise gone wrong (to which I'll admit I've caused). Bacon limp. Sausage and mushrooms fine. Don't really fancy tomatoes. Apple pastry maybe 4 or 5 cm square.

Drinks served once, after the meal. Had to creepily keep staring down the flight attendant to get any hint of attention and was given the wrong thing anyways.

Poor service from the eurofleet crew, as well. Usually quite a BA apologist, but overall a big
Attached Images  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:27 am

On the breakfast eggs, it seems what is now supplied is just scrambled egg.

Before the changes, the Club offering was a cheese omelette. Now, the cheese had often drained away from the omelette's centre but I think it was more appetising than what is now offered.

The eggs supplied now also seem different from the domestic breakfast of old. Its eggs tended to be dried out, although some chives were offered on top. The new Club eggs seem very wet.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Flew today's LHR-TLL 'long' breakfast service. No menu for 'long' breakfast I guess? Apologies for the crap lighting.

Yoghurt with apples fairly bland. Eggs utter crap - textured like a hollandaise gone wrong (to which I'll admit I've caused). Bacon limp. Sausage and mushrooms fine. Don't really fancy tomatoes. Apple pastry maybe 4 or 5 cm square.

Drinks served once, after the meal. Had to creepily keep staring down the flight attendant to get any hint of attention and was given the wrong thing anyways.

Poor service from the eurofleet crew, as well. Usually quite a BA apologist, but overall a big

I'm sure we all recognise this breakfast.

I'd rather they binned the poor eggs and added beans.

The sausage is usually really good and its saving grace.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
The pic reminds me why I always opt for the vegetarian breakfast and have taken to ordering one now as they don't seem to load as many as they used to.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by smokie36

...added beans.
Oh please no!

Beans are love 'em or hate them. Once on the plate though, impossible to avoid that sauce.
layz, smokie36 and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
The pic reminds me why I always opt for the vegetarian breakfast and have taken to ordering one now as they don't seem to load as many as they used to.
I hardly ever accept the breakfast offering but on Friday ex-Gatwick I had the veggie one and it was more than passable. I have yet to pluck up the courage to try the Croquè Monsieur referenced earlier. And seeing it in the flesh last night I remain of the same weak will.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Ba452 lhr-ibz

Some pics from long band BA452 LHR-IBZ on 02/09/2017.

Chicken dish was pretty tasty, had a nice kick to it.

There were around 36 pax I think in CE with 2 cabin crew and the CSM. All crew were excellent. Ordered 2 champers as I knew it would take them a while to do the drinks run . Champagne as always was warm, why can they not chill it better?? Have never had a CE flight where it hasn't been warm, a real pity as Castelnau is not the nicest anyway.
Attached Images    
volar likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by lostinlondon

Long breakfast are the most disappointing in the new CE catering.
They are indeed identical to short and medium breakfast offering, except you also receive filled pastries.
I would encourage you to get more than one pastry next time. A croisstant goes well with the jam!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by frenzie01
Long breakfast are the most disappointing in the new CE catering.
They are indeed identical to short and medium breakfast offering, except you also receive filled pastries.
I would encourage you to get more than one pastry next time. A croisstant goes well with the jam!
As someone who's lived a bit of my life in France not sure if I could commit such an act It's more of a principal given they didn't come around with the many extra bread products/drinks.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Some pics from long band BA452 LHR-IBZ on 02/09/2017.

Chicken dish was pretty tasty, had a nice kick to it.

There were around 36 pax I think in CE with 2 cabin crew and the CSM. All crew were excellent. Ordered 2 champers as I knew it would take them a while to do the drinks run . Champagne as always was warm, why can they not chill it better?? Have never had a CE flight where it hasn't been warm, a real pity as Castelnau is not the nicest anyway.

Feel very fortunate to enjoy that, as my last PMI-LHR was exactly the same meal, minus the main, minus the plated dessert and with the addition of a very small dessert pot! At least the crew were on point and the service flowed. Outbound LHR-PMI they were dishing out afternoon tea across Southern France.....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Another interesting CE flight from Basel to London this morning. Load was 28/36, 86/114 (A320).

My OH ordered her vegan meal, weeks back, but nothing was loaded (I have it confirmed in myflightsapp, and BA MMB). The cabin crew apologised and grabbed a M&S fruit bowl from the M&S menu, plus pastries and jam.

Later in the flight the cabin crew came back and told us that they proactively put 3000 avios into her account and informed the crew on the connecting flight to INV to double check the catering. Very apologetic and proactive, thumbs up.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
I'm sure we all recognise this breakfast.

I'd rather they binned the poor eggs and added beans.

The sausage is usually really good and its saving grace.
Has anyone tried Turkish Airlines scrambled eggs or omelettes in Economy? They are tasty and fluffy. How BA can't figure out how to provide the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.