Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just flew LHR > BRU in CE - we had a choice of a hot sandwich or the chicken / prawn dish already shown in a photo on this post - it was quite pleasant compared to the asian vegetarian I usually go for. Also, the Castlenau is still served in the mini bottles as the crew confirmed there is no time to serve it from a large bottle on such a short flight.

Overall - after one flight, I think the food has improved compared to the previous offerings.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brightstar100
You've seen what our daughter had, here is what we got...

Credit to BA where it's due.

I was rather annoyed when they cut the amuse bouche from First class.

So it's nice to see they've reintroduced it on Club Europe.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Yes surprised MAD is not a long route.

Salad has never been Dinner, never will be.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber
Overall - after one flight, I think the food has improved compared to the previous offerings.
The salad is almost identical to pre-26/3 but about a third the size. No fruit plates for breakfast flights. No scones for afternoon tea flights. No cheese for Medium dinner flights. Unimaginative poorly presented sandwiches. Proper hot meals removed from half the routes that previously had them.

But bread plates and nicer presentation on the whole (except the sandwiches). ^
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
A shame, I've had some lovely meals in Club Europe. Next BA flight isn't until May...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Initial reaction is that these "fresh salads" and "hot sandwiches" are fine for former Band 1 routes and Band 2 at a push. But they have made a complete balls of deciding which routes are medium and therefore get these choices. BCN/MAD/OSL/LIN etc? At evening meal times? Where is the incentive to buy Club? So frustrating as I used to really like the Club Europe service when it was done properly and there was a hot meal at lunch time/dinner time.

Last edited by surryson; Mar 26, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I agree. The experience of "short" today was underwhelming - salad smaller than previously and not really better, the "hot sandwich" my wife had looked unappealing and not at all premium, pudding and bread very average as before, and wine was the same, nothing special.

The only upgrade seems to be the crockery - and I really don't particularly care about that.

The CE value proposition looks rather unappealing overall - an exit row with food purchased in the terminal suddenly starts to look more appealing.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Says what? It is an option that wasn't available previously. The change on domestics is most welcome, a significant improvement to that of recent years.

As for the rest, I'm reserving judgment until I've actually experienced it. I'd rather not moan just yet, no matter how fashionable that maybe here at the moment.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
All of the photos so far... the portion sizes are tiny and so much has been removed. I was a huge fan of CE and have a lot of flights for this year already booked. Will wait until I sample it myself but I can't see any improvements just more and more cuts!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
No photo but a supposed NLML meal on LHR-BCN today was 4 pieces of VGML sushi, bland, with a tiny proportion of vegetables to rice, no flavour and no soy sauce. Not what sushi should be at all and inadequate for a a main evening meal.

This is definitely more cost-cutting presented as an enhancement.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer

Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't disagree, but my comments were specifically about the brunch service. For several years all we received on a domestic during brunch flights was a drink and a crisp.
I think that more than brunch your point very rightly underlines that the new system is both much improved and appropriate for domestics. I also agree with those who say that for band 1, what is lost in quantity seems to be gained in presentation and choice of the panini some people might like. For downgraded band 3 like NCE, BCN, MAD, OSL, Etc, this is a very substantive loss however, especially on lunch/dinner flights and I think those of us who fly those routes should express our disappointment to crew/cr in no uncertain terms.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Just emailed CR. Completely lost my patience with this.....

GLA/PMI return in June X3 for my 30th = very not cheap.

BA website stating still 'a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe).'

Well, a choice between an 'Amuse Buche' salad with warm bread, or a heated panini without warm bread isn't that.

So that's false advertising no?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
They might as well not offer anything if they will offer that!
Don't let Alex Cruz read that.

"We have responded to customer feedback where Club Europe customers told us they do not want a complimentary meal"
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer

that's exactly what they've done. The website should read, 'Choose between an amuse bouche served with hot bread with a plate, or a sub-par, warm sandwich served with a plate for warm bread (although you are not entitled to warm bread if you select said panini), on some of our 2+ hour flights to Europe in Business Class'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.