Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Hi,

What will be on offer for F breakfast on the 7:30am flight please?

Regards,

RR
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Hi,

What will be on offer for F breakfast on the 7:30am flight please?

Regards,

RR
I too am wondering this. Also, what time does the lounge open for the 7:30 flight? The Wiki says 3 hrs prior but that was for I guess an old 9 am flight.
I was in the lounge back in Oct for an IB flight. Now I'm confusing myself as I did ask about the lounge opening. I don't recall if they said it opens at 5:30 or that's when they start serving F breakfast
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The oneworld guide says 5am

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BOS

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Was in there for the morning flight to London earlier this week. F dining was completely empty and no staff standing by -- not sure if because there wasn't any F dining, or because nobody wanted it…
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I too am wondering this. Also, what time does the lounge open for the 7:30 flight? The Wiki says 3 hrs prior but that was for I guess an old 9 am flight.
I was in the lounge back in Oct for an IB flight. Now I'm confusing myself as I did ask about the lounge opening. I don't recall if they said it opens at 5:30 or that's when they start serving F breakfast
I hope this isn't too late for you.

We arrived shortly after 5am and the First area was open and we had a full English breakfast.

Obviously we then delayed our meal service on board.

The main disappointment for me was that we didn't get to use the in lounge gate.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I hope this isn't too late for you.

We arrived shortly after 5am and the First area was open and we had a full English breakfast.

Obviously we then delayed our meal service on board.

The main disappointment for me was that we didn't get to use the in lounge gate.

Hi,

Any update on this lounge for the 7.30 AM flight?

I presume it is still just a simple breakfast (presume no Concorde Dining and no alcohol :P )
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flieduk
Hi,

Any update on this lounge for the 7.30 AM flight?

I presume it is still just a simple breakfast (presume no Concorde Dining and no alcohol :P )
It was in March 19, I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast offerings.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Why is this BA/OW lounge not allowing QR Business class passengers in their lounge ? OW lounge finder clearly states that
all OW Business class passengers are allowed in. Lounge dragon denied entry to my wife with some ridiculous requirement that
the passenger should be Sapphire or Emerald to get in ! They could always deny entry based on occupancy but never
this reason !! This clearly contradicts OW lounge guidelines and what is printed on its website....
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyalways
Why is this BA/OW lounge not allowing QR Business class passengers in their lounge ? OW lounge finder clearly states that
all OW Business class passengers are allowed in. Lounge dragon denied entry to my wife with some ridiculous requirement that
the passenger should be Sapphire or Emerald to get in ! They could always deny entry based on occupancy but never
this reason !! This clearly contradicts OW lounge guidelines and what is printed on its website....
Because it's BA. The PHL Lounge is just as bad about this as is ORD. It's just how they operate sadly.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways
Because in Boston, Qatar provide access to Business Class passengers to "The Club" lounge facility - presumably because the BA/OW lounge in Terminal E will already be at/above capacity. As per the website you linked, it is pretty clear which airlines have access under the class and status requirements to the BA lounge. These being:
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
Your wife doesn't appear to hold sufficient Oneworld status and she's not flying one of the above airlines, therefore she doesn't qualify for entry and she would need to use the facility for which her airline (Qatar) have provided - Once she has OW status then she's free to pick and choose which lounge she uses. It's worth noting that no other OneWorld airline passengers have access to "The Club" so from a capacity perspective she's probably better off there anyway.
​​​

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Feb 10, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:52 am
Suspended

So status passengers are ranked higher than J class passengers sans status?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
As per the website you linked, it is pretty clear which airlines have access under the class and status requirements to the BA lounge. These being:
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
​​​
I'm not sure it is that clear, because the above misses off a line from the website. What it says for BA lounge at BOS is (emphasis mine):

• British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
  • Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
So while it is not the nominated lounge for Qatar, the oneworld website does seem to suggest that access should be permitted. After all, take a look at the oneworld entry for CX J at LHR T3 (https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR)

If we restrict to just the airlines specifically listed, we see:

• Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
No mention of BA there! Yet customers flying BA are given access, because like BA at BOS, it also has an "any eligible on oneworld" clause.

So I don't think it's quite as cut and dried as being on the list of airlines.
Genius1 and flyalways like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:24 am

BA lounge in BOS is not designated as a BA's private lounge like CCR so it is a OW lounge as per
the OW website. It should accept ALL business class passengers from all OW flights. Coming up with
some arbitrary criteria is breaking the spirit of the OW alliance.....

Oh by the way...QR does the exact opposite of this in their remote lounges in BKK, CDG and LHR ! They
only allow J/F customers of other OW airlines in their lounge but NOT status passengers if they are in Y !!!

Last edited by flyalways; Feb 11, 2020 at 10:33 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:36 am

Because in Boston, Qatar provide access to Business Class passengers to "The Club" lounge facility - presumably because the BA/OW lounge in Terminal E will already be at/above capacity. As per the website you linked, it is pretty clear which airlines have access under the class and status requirements to the BA lounge. These being:
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
Your wife doesn't appear to hold sufficient Oneworld status and she's not flying one of the above airlines, therefore she doesn't qualify for entry and she would need to use the facility for which her airline (Qatar) have provided - Once she has OW status then she's free to pick and choose which lounge she uses. It's worth noting that no other OneWorld airline passengers have access to "The Club" so from a capacity perspective she's probably better off there anyway.
​​​
BA lounge is MUCH nicer than the Travel club !!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:55 pm
Suspended

• British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines
  • LATAM
​​​
Totally incorrect. BA is simply choosing not to follow the OneWorld lounge access requirements but that isnt the travelers fault when they are holding a J Boarding pass.

I had the same issues accessing the BA lounge flying QR J from BOS and being denied while at the same time presenting a BA Gold Card which is ridiculous.
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.