Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by HarryBA
Thank you you for the reply I appreciate that it is for earning avíos. I should have been clearer in my post the SO doesn't see the point in going around the world so etihad was the most direct and bench price.

We have done a few HNL runs in the pas which is always value but Oz is a little too far for her to but tracking around airport for TPs and avíos.
​​​​​​

Have you tried using ITA Matrix with multiple origin cities to find the best price ?
Plenty of info elsewhere on FT explaining how.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PETER01
Hi Harry

This thread is really meant for Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals as per the Wiki
That should be a template as to how to gently remind people - unlike in the Premium Fare Forum where one Pearl of All Wisdom was so unfriendly in his snide remark on exactly the same theme, that the person has said sorry and I won't be back! Well done to you.

I'm breaking the rules but saying that you all do a HUGE job and have helped me in the past. I am waiting for something wonderful to AKL or SID in February/March next year. It's probably a wee bit early - but I know if it transpires one of you will be on to it like Greyhounds.

XX
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
That should be a template as to how to gently remind people - unlike in the Premium Fare Forum where one Pearl of All Wisdom was so unfriendly in his snide remark on exactly the same theme, that the person has said sorry and I won't be back! Well done to you.

I'm breaking the rules but saying that you all do a HUGE job and have helped me in the past. I am waiting for something wonderful to AKL or SID in February/March next year. It's probably a wee bit early - but I know if it transpires one of you will be on to it like Greyhounds.

XX
Hold on and a QR fare should come along for AKL. The ones we had recently have only been for travel this year, but hopefully at some point they'll cover 2018. L
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
That should be a template as to how to gently remind people

XX
Madame P you are absolutely correct - PETER01 has the gift - I hate to see folks shot down just because they have made the mistake of posting in the wrong forum - we are better than that!

Sorry OT but needed saying - people just need to be nice to each other!

aks120
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I read that remark on the Premium Fare and thought what an ignorant so and so! This and the TP run thread are so helpful with KARFA and rossmacd giving people excellent tips ^
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:33 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by aks120
Madame P you are absolutely correct - PETER01 has the gift - I hate to see folks shot down just because they have made the mistake of posting in the wrong forum - we are better than that!

Sorry OT but needed saying - people just need to be nice to each other!

aks120
Exactly so - I dread the thought of actually having to work or deal with some of these people.

Now back to reading what you boys have to say, bless you.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
And I would've mentioned Henky... but he's MIA !
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Looking to fly to TYO for two wks in middle of Nov this yr. J fares with CX Ex Ams around £1600 rtn. Having never flown CX..is that a pretty good fare or a pretty normal advanced fare?? Is it worth waiting until early autumn for a sale fare or is that as good as im probably going to get?? Is Nov even included in sales to Asia.

Thxs for ur advice..
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jock
Looking to fly to TYO for two wks in middle of Nov this yr. J fares with CX Ex Ams around £1600 rtn. Having never flown CX..is that a pretty good fare or a pretty normal advanced fare?? Is it worth waiting until early autumn for a sale fare or is that as good as im probably going to get?? Is Nov even included in sales to Asia.

Thxs for ur advice..
I'd definitely take that - seems to be a very good fare for both TYO and CX metal. CX J outstrips BA CW in nearly every way.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This and the TP run thread are so helpful with KARFA and rossmacd giving people excellent tips ^
Yes I thoroughly agree that KARFA and rossmcd area extremely helpful as well as others but these two members stand out. I am sure many others very much appreciate the efforts and lengths they go to helping others, quoting fares/rules etc. and of course all started by henkybaby ^^^
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:53 am

Decent fares out of Barcelona to Havana (Cuba) for £1415 and you can fly straight back to London.

BCN-MAD-HAV-MAD-LHR and can book the A340 back into London from MAD.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:13 am

£1100 DUB-JFK (direct or via London).

Reasonably restricted. Departure between 01AUG17 and 31AUG17 only, ticket by 31JUL17.

Seems to be a SkyTeam match.

BA/AA fare basis ILN7S4T1
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
£1100 DUB-JFK (direct or via London).

Reasonably restricted. Departure between 01AUG17 and 31AUG17 only, ticket by 31JUL17.

Seems to be a SkyTeam match.

BA/AA fare basis ILN7S4T1
For AA operated TATLs only (quote from BA version of fare)?

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL FROM/TO EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING BA FLIGHTS 1503 THROUGH 1522 OPERATED BY AA.
Usual Saturday night minimum stay and no stopovers.

Book by 31 July 2017.

EDIT: this could even be a decent TP earner. I think 560 should easily achievable with a DUB-MAN-LHR routing before the TATL and two connections in the US. It may be possible to get even more if you can do DUB-HEL-LHR although maximum permitted mileage premiums may come in to play with that.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 30, 2017 at 8:41 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:35 am

That reminds me, there is a similar AA operated TATL J deal still running for exINV for £1.4k to NYC. No end date to that one, it's just a 28 day advanced purchase fare.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:57 pm

This may be of use to some.

$670 to most of US, $770 to LHR with QR. Offer is called Golden Ticket

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...us-673-rt.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.