Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens

Hello folks!

The mods have asked me to give birth to a new instance of the Premium Fares deals (J and F) thread, as the old one was getting a wee bit on the long side. For those in need, here is a link to the original thread. As of January 30th there was still some current information there.

So, once again, please post here all those fares that earn TPs in the BAEC programme and that originate in Europe (or in rare occasions elsewhere). Please try and limit side discussions to a minimum, as this thread seems to be a valuable resource for people looking for a good deal and we want to keep them easy to find.

Also a gentle reminder that there is a BA sales thread and a very, very good Tier Point Run thread where you can discuss those specific topics.

There is also a WT/WTP deals thread around, if you find a great deal in that category.

I hope we will reach another >1.2M views in 15 months as well. Thank you for all your contributions (over 5500) over time.

Quick reminder of the ideas:

• If you add a fare, please also add a link to (or the name of) the site where you can book it to make it easier for others to book the fare. You can use Google flight search but it helps if you have checked the actual booking link.
  • Fares should not be part of a well published sale. For that use When is the next BA sale?
  • If a fare is a complex itinerary, optimising TPs and under GBP 2,50 per TP, please post it in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
  • Please focus on fares ex-UK or ex-EU
  • As this thread is meant for good deals that provide TPs on BAEC, please feel free to add exEU or exUK fares on BA, QR, IB, CX, AA or other OW partners to popular destinations.
  • Please post possible mistake fares / obscure routings in the MR forum under Premium Fare Deals and provide a link in a post in this thread.
  • If you found the fare elsewhere (on FT or a blog), please credit the original source in your post in the thread.
  • Thank you for your contribution(s) !

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 30, 2017 at 2:41 am
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:08 pm

I am pleased this will become a staple annual thread of the BAEC board

Can I suggest something? Could we organise the wiki and encourage people to edit it? I know the previous thread was 'organised' into sections, but my suggestion is to have two headings only:
1) Current deals - this section would just have links to the posts in this thread in which a newly discovered deal has been highlighted
2) Expired deals - once the fare is no longer bookable (has passed it's ticket-by date/is pulled etc), then the link is moved to this section.

Nothing too complex, but would make finding currently active deals much easier and more pleasant than comments like "um, if you had looked at post #2144 you would have seen the ticket-by date was actually 3 ago, duh"
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Thought I'd just post a reminder that the ex MAN AA offer to various US cities ends tonight.

For those who might want to save a bit of money, I see the option of outbound to BOS in Y and return in J for around £620 as very attractive. It's a pretty short hop to BOS so perfectly manageable in Y on the daytime outbound and, unlike the J return fares, it's possible to route through LHR and use BA flights on the outbound with the mixed class fare.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jan 30, 2017 at 2:26 am
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: QF, BA
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Thought I'd just post a reminder that the ex MAN AA offer to various US cities ends tonight.

For those who might want to save a bit of money, I see the option of outbound to BOS in Y and return in J for around £620 as very attractive. It's a pretty short hop to BOS so perfectly manageable in Y on the daytime outbound and, unlike the J return fares, it's possible to route through LHR with the mixed class fare.
Good tip, thanks, Whats the best way to search for mixed cabin flights?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:43 am

Thanks henkybaby and to everyone who contributes allowing fellow FTers to pick up some fantastic fares.

I have difficulty using the various flight search engines. I'm sure there was a helpful thread or post on how to use them but a search has failed to unearth them. Can anyone help please?

Last edited by CatchThePigeon; Jan 30, 2017 at 4:29 am Reason: Inexplicably mentioned HIDDY
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by joequimby
Good tip, thanks, Whats the best way to search for mixed cabin flights?
I find aa.com as useful as any for a simple trip like that. Search under 'Fare' rather than 'Schedule' and you will be offered all classes on the outbound and return.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Aha! I should have come here before sending you that rather confused PM, Henky!

Glad to see this thread is still going. ^
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Can I suggest something? Could we organise the wiki and encourage people to edit it? I know the previous thread was 'organised' into sections, but my suggestion is to have two headings only:
1) Current deals - this section would just have links to the posts in this thread in which a newly discovered deal has been highlighted
2) Expired deals - once the fare is no longer bookable (has passed it's ticket-by date/is pulled etc), then the link is moved to this section.
I endorse this statement and/or product.

Particularly on point 2 - keeping the expired deals should answer a fair few of the "what is a good price for XXX to YYY" questions.

Hard to imagine the backlash against this thread a year ago...!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I agree that a well maintained Wiki would benefit us all. However, I have found that in reality this will not happen. And if it doesn't, it becomes more confusing for the less experienced users. Many "why can't I find this fare anymore?" examples in the previous instalment as well as the TP run thread.

I no longer have the time (or the will to be honest) to police the wiki. If it truly can ben a joint effort, that would be great. I am just mindful that people are happy to add new information but are not so meticulous in deleting old information.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
I propose that we put an expiry date on fares in the Wiki. Once expired, whoever happens to be editing at the time can move it to the 'expired fares' section. If there is no expiry date posted, let's move it after a month, unless we can be sure it still works.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:10 am

I concur with Filthy Monkey. Would be happy to help edit the wiki if there were expiry dates in there to make it easier to track.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Thanks Hiddy and to everyone who contributes allowing fellow FTers to pick up some fantastic fares.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Thanks Hiddy and to everyone who contributes allowing fellow FTers to pick up some fantastic fares.
I second this.

After much hesitation I just booked one of the sale J fares from Manchester to San Antonio, for around £1,100. And 680 tier points, I believe, due to routing via PHX, LAS and PHL on the return journey.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Oops a daisy. I best get editing.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
After much hesitation I just booked one of the sale J fares from Manchester to San Antonio, for around £1,100. And 680 tier points, I believe, due to routing via PHX, LAS and PHL on the return journey.
Did that fare allow three transfers then, or was it the normal two? Sounds like a case of the same flight number on two sectors but if not then that's surprising!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.