Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Did that fare allow three transfers then, or was it the normal two? Sounds like a case of the same flight number on two sectors but if not then that's surprising!
Fare rules linked to in the wiki in the TP run thread.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Did that fare allow three transfers then, or was it the normal two? Sounds like a case of the same flight number on two sectors but if not then that's surprising!
You're right.

I just checked with my better half, who actually booked the flights for us, and he said that connecting in LAS would have resulted in a single flight number from LAS-PHL-MAN (AA734), despite the 3-hour layover in PHL, and so he removed LAS. So two connections and 640 TPs it is.

I'd like to think I'd have noticed that if I'd booked it, but I'm not sure I would have...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Only downside of annual threads is having to post to it, so it appears in my flyertalk list. But that's done now
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Smid
Only downside of annual threads is having to post to it, so it appears in my flyertalk list. But that's done now
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Hello folks!

The mods have asked me to give birth to a new instance of the Premium Fares deals (J and F) thread, as the old one was getting a wee bit on the long side
Perhaps a link on the old thread and in the old wiki to the new one would be helpful!

Glad to see this thread, which originally received a fair amount of skepticism, has now become a staple of the BA board, and roughly as popular as the tier point run forum!

I did wonder about the exclusion of ex-NA fares, as I hadn't noticed that before. That said, North America to anywhere on BA has not had more than the occasional flash sale in a few years, so they're excluded on that basis alone in many ways. But if there was a solid ex-NA fare on BA, I'd hope it could be posted here as well so that I might notice it. The general North American premium fares thread really has a lot of noise and not much about BA.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As spotted and reported by NorthernBA, the MAN-US AA J fare for £1004 has been extended again to 3 February.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I am pleased this will become a staple annual thread of the BAEC board

Can I suggest something? Could we organise the wiki and encourage people to edit it? I know the previous thread was 'organised' into sections, but my suggestion is to have two headings only:
1) Current deals - this section would just have links to the posts in this thread in which a newly discovered deal has been highlighted
2) Expired deals - once the fare is no longer bookable (has passed it's ticket-by date/is pulled etc), then the link is moved to this section.

Nothing too complex, but would make finding currently active deals much easier and more pleasant than comments like "um, if you had looked at post #2144 you would have seen the ticket-by date was actually 3 ago, duh"
I'm still new to this but +1 for me on this for the WIKI. For example the QR festival prices are crucial when live (there were some great deals available) now it's over they are only of historical value, so can all of the WIKI items be moved or removed as soon as they are done? At the back end of last year there was little that was still current. Thanks as always for the great work Henky, this and the TP thread are the best on here!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Apologies if this was discussed already but there is an interesting £12xx fare to GIG exBRU as pointed out here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27824261-post342.html

Not bad at all. Now, I have no idea about the expiry date of this fare and no time to look up the fare rules.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by KARFA
As spotted and reported by NorthernBA, the MAN-US AA J fare for £1004 has been extended again to 3 February.
Has the VS fare that this was matching been extended? I'm very surprised this one has gone through 2 extensions now.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not sure if it is new either but there are several fares from the UK (LHR, MAN, EDI) to HAV for around £14xx on IB. Not a bad price for a nice Caribbean break. I can highly recommend Cuba as a destination.

The slightly less adventurous can do CUN from the UK for £15xx on AA. You can do 2 stops in the US if you want, like JFK-MIA-CUN.

There is also SJU in the high £13xx on AA.

Some others: PTY for £14xx, BOG for £14xx, and some places for those dealing with the Colombian cartels for £15xx.

Not spectacular, but as the originate in the UK, probably worth a mention.

I also like the BA direct LHR-YVR/YYC fares of £15xx over the summer.

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 30, 2017 at 12:15 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Nice find Henky - you can do both BA flights in the 777 and have a few days at the end in Madrid for no extra
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Where can I find the rules on this? Trying to price LAS in March and not getting close
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Has the VS fare that this was matching been extended? I'm very surprised this one has gone through 2 extensions now.
They're seriously testing my fortitude not to bite.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Where can I find the rules on this? Trying to price LAS in March and not getting close
Can get 24 hours in LAS in July & August

And I think KARFA posted the rules in the TP run thread
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kingcole974
It is a limited number of cities, I believe. I can't find anything west of San Antonio, Oklahoma City or Minneapolis for that price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.