Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TimmyD
Similar question to the last one, I need to get out to Bangkok around the August Bank Holiday weekend (ideally 28th but some flexibility), and back from Beijing on the 8 or 9 September. New to ex-EU and happy to do it if I can get a business fare below or around the £2k mark - my usual options like Finnair and CX ex-LGW are pricing pretty high. Any suggestions very much appreciated and apologies if I've not done the 'obvious' homework!
Two options:

QR out of VCE - On the dates you want to BKK and back from PEK - approx £1.4k - B787 for the VCE legs, various for the others

AY out of AMS (or ARN, OSL) - £1.5k - A350 for the longhaul legs.

If you want maximum TPs then the former is better, if you want to go non-stop on a longer flight (from HEL) so as to get a better sleep then the latter is better.

Also AMS is probably a bit easier for positioning.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by TimmyD
Similar question to the last one, I need to get out to Bangkok around the August Bank Holiday weekend (ideally 28th but some flexibility), and back from Beijing on the 8 or 9 September. New to ex-EU and happy to do it if I can get a business fare below or around the £2k mark - my usual options like Finnair and CX ex-LGW are pricing pretty high. Any suggestions very much appreciated and apologies if I've not done the 'obvious' homework!
Something like this?
https://www.google.be/flights/#searc...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

28/8 OSL-BKK (AY)
8/9 PEK-AMS (AY)
GBP = 1570.01
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lefly
Something like this?
https://www.google.be/flights/#searc...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

28/8 OSL-BKK (AY)
8/9 PEK-AMS (AY)
GBP = 1570.01
Thank you so much! How on earth do you calculate that using Google flights?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Well, using multicity option, and limiting the search to oneworld alliance, I just put some of usual low price departure cities in the start form (google flights accept a maximum of 5), and same for the return. Then choose the lower price result...

In this case I knew OSL was a good starting point due to some promo price from AY to BKK.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:30 am

Are there any good deals out there ex DUB for next April on BA metal or bookable via BA.com (ie on AA, QR etc)

Ideally was looking at DXB or LAS but haven't found anything. Willing to look beyond though such as CPT, HKG (or other South Asia such as BKK, SIN, KUL etc) or maybe Caribbean.

Oh flying in J thanks!!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Foltan
Two options:

QR out of VCE - On the dates you want to BKK and back from PEK - approx £1.4k - B787 for the VCE legs, various for the others

AY out of AMS (or ARN, OSL) - £1.5k - A350 for the longhaul legs.

If you want maximum TPs then the former is better, if you want to go non-stop on a longer flight (from HEL) so as to get a better sleep then the latter is better.

Also AMS is probably a bit easier for positioning.
Someone will doubtless tell me that I'm being a grumpy old man but it seems that many of the recent posts on this (excellent) thread are along the lines of:

"I want a cheap flight in business to X on Y date. What's available ex-EU?"

It really isn't unreasonable for posters to use ITA or Google Flights to do some research and then potentially share good deals here if they find them. Someone may be able to improve on what you've found.

An endless list of requests for cheap fares is lazy and not in the spirit of the thread.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Someone will doubtless tell me that I'm being a grumpy old man but it seems that many of the recent posts on this (excellent) thread are along the lines of:

"I want a cheap flight in business to X on Y date. What's available ex-EU?"

It really isn't unreasonable for posters to use ITA or Google Flights to do some research and then potentially share good deals here if they find them. Someone may be able to improve on what you've found.

An endless list of requests for cheap fares is lazy and not in the spirit of the thread.
If you can't be grumpy when you get older when can you get grumpy?

Yes it is a good point. Google flights does make it very easy to do some cursory searching and there are links to some guides on using itamatrix listed in the reference posts. Perhaps have a quick look and see what you can find first then ask whether anyone knows of something better? Just a straight request can come across as expecting someone else to do all the work for you.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am 50/50 on what TabTraveller says. This thread is a lot less hostile than the main Premium Fare Deals thread so perhaps people often ask without looking and the friendly BAEC regulars help. I think folk should look first using GF and then offer what they've found and see if others can better perhaps? Also the wiki is not so regularly updated which doesn't help people looking for a current hot deal..
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Also the wiki is not so regularly updated which doesn't help people looking for a current hot deal..
This. I also think that non-regulars or folks who don't have much time on hand might not know the usual cheap starting points etc., whereas others might find some request obvious and very easy to find a solution for.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I am 50/50 on what TabTraveller says. This thread is a lot less hostile than the main Premium Fare Deals thread so perhaps people often ask without looking and the friendly BAEC regulars help. I think folk should look first using GF and then offer what they've found and see if others can better perhaps? Also the wiki is not so regularly updated which doesn't help people looking for a current hot deal..
I agree that it's a shame the wiki isn't updated anymore. Unfortunately I already have quite few things to update so can't take it on myself, is some one else willing to do so?

Also I agree, both this thread and the TP run thread are generally friendly ones so let's keep it that way
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
£1,300ish WAW-LHR-BOS (and maybe other east coast) for next July. WAW timings aren't brilliant for same-day travel though.

Also works out of KRK but the same issue applies.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
deleted

Last edited by mikeyfly; Aug 4, 2017 at 3:53 am
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I might be able to do it, at least ad interim.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have added a couple of current fares that popped into my mind to the wiki. I have decided not to bother about dates as I think it is reasonable for folks to search their specific dates themselves if they found a good fare on here.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I don't know if this has been posted upthread but Inverness to Chicago is ~£1300 on midweek dates towards the end of this year and most of next year. Still a bit 50/50 on getting them but it might help someone out.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

(Edit: didn't spot that the wiki had been updated, sorry!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.