Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 6:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to add there is no reason to actually stay in BKK if you don't want to. The fare does not require you have a minimum stay in BKK.

In terms of routing you can get there via HKG/SIN/KUL.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by heronb
Along the same lines, AMS or VCE to BKK/SIN/HKG next year and I'm comparing QR and BA.

Prices always appear better on QR but when looking at the amount of avios back from each carrier BA have the edge, a big edge for a lowly blue.

A straight forward VCE-LHR-BKK return give about 42000 avios, but QR VCE-DOH-BKK return give 14500 avios, or have I got my sums wrong? This was from the BA avios calculator.

I know that TP's are more valuable to many, but not to me.
Your sums are wrong, you'll be looking at about 18,000 return on BA as a Blue
Old May 21, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by heronb
Along the same lines, AMS or VCE to BKK/SIN/HKG next year and I'm comparing QR and BA.

Prices always appear better on QR but when looking at the amount of avios back from each carrier BA have the edge, a big edge for a lowly blue.

A straight forward VCE-LHR-BKK return give about 42000 avios, but QR VCE-DOH-BKK return give 14500 avios, or have I got my sums wrong? This was from the BA avios calculator.

I know that TP's are more valuable to many, but not to me.
Slight miscalculation there. As a Blue BAEC member, for a VCE>LHR>BKK routing on BA in business (I class fare code for this price), you'd get about 9,923 each direction, so just under 20K avios on BA and 14,626 on QR for VCE>DOH>BKK return.

If TP's are your game (as these are what generate your status), then QR will get you 560 where as BA will only get you 360. So go with price given the avios difference is only about 5K.

Pilot37
Old May 21, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Your sums are wrong, you'll be looking at about 18,000 return on BA as a Blue
I know what I did now, multiplied by the number of pax's for BA and not QR

Thanks
Old May 21, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahh I see. I'd still take the BA exAMS. You can get some great routings covering a lot of decent aircraft for not much more than £1250
Old May 21, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: BA
Ahh I see. I'd still take the BA exAMS. You can get some great routings covering a lot of decent aircraft for not much more than £1250
Thanks I'll check the timings and links to the positioning for this.

I've also been trying Skyscanner after checking on ITA and a couple have a LHR - LGW airport change back to VCE. So BA ex VCE-LHR-SIN and return SIN-LHR/LGW-VCE and I'm sure I won't make the connection as its 3 hrs. I know its possible, but even without a wink I think its tight.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I am being indecisive - v tempted by the ex-AMS fare to BKK. Never been to BKK and have 2 weeks off at end of Aug but not sure I'd want a week in BKK! Last year I did SIN and KUL with QR for c £1500.
August-September is the worst time of the year in Bangkok: chances of heavy rain and flooding. Like others, I'd recommend flying off elsewhere from there.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
August-September is the worst time of the year in Bangkok: chances of heavy rain and flooding. Like others, I'd recommend flying off elsewhere from there.
Don't spend a week in BKK! Spend one day there and then jet off to Krabi / Phuket and see the islands. Otherwise over to Siem Reap and see Angkor Wat etc.
I'll go against the grain here, but BKK is my favourite city in the world - hence please do spend some time here (3 days should suffice, despite any rain, if you really want to go 'off the beaten track'). I should acknowledge that I partly grew up in this fabulous city, so I may be somewhat biased.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:45 am

Dublin flights

Just noticed on Premium Fares and a quick check of GF confirms that OW fares from Dublin are down to £1150 or so to East coast and slightly higher to West coast and Hawaii
Old May 21, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Is there a similar thread for premium cabin flights originating in the US?
Old May 21, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Thanks all - fully intend to spend a bit of time in BKK as I like cities but want to get back to SIN for a few days too!

can get a decent price to allow me to do AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK-LHR-AMS - would also like a few days in HKG but can't seem to get that, but above works well.

Thanks all.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by PIKnic
Just noticed on Premium Fares and a quick check of GF confirms that OW fares from Dublin are down to £1150 or so to East coast and slightly higher to West coast and Hawaii
Can see DUB - NYC for as low as £1033 via EDI on the 757, or £1071 via LHR - and BOS £1067 DUB - BOS via LHR. This was for early July.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by PIKnic
Sigh, shame this doesn't cover September.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by sxc
Do these fares allow you to stopover in HKG as well? And can you stopover in both directions? And what's the longest you can stay away for?
Yes they do... I am currently in HKG (for 7 weeks) having flown out on this fare at the end of April... only spent three hours in BKK airport. I fly back to AMS via LHR middle of next month (i.e. my HKG stopover is on the return leg)
Old May 21, 2017, 8:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Firemin
Yes they do... I am currently in HKG (for 7 weeks) having flown out on this fare at the end of April... only spent three hours in BKK airport. I fly back to AMS via LHR middle of next month (i.e. my HKG stopover is on the return leg)
How do you quote this up? I tried looking via ba.com multi-city, but it fails (route not available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.