Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by opalfruit
Arrgh. Why isn't SEA included on this deal!?!?
Seems only SFO and LAX. Still positioning from either to SEA is not exactly a hardship
Old May 15, 2017, 3:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Some good fares floating around (courtesy of premium fares forum) ex GVA/ZRH £1-1100 most USA, open jaw works and very wide open booking dates
This seems like an AA only fare? - no BA equivalent sale fare I think.

No restricted travel periods. no stopovers.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31MAY 17.
min stay
Code:
TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO
EARLIER THAN 6 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR
OR - TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST
COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER
DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just picked myself up a MAN-SAT in August:

MAN-HEL-DUB-ORD-DFW-SAT-ORD-DUB-HEL-MAN

The AA website threw in DFW on the outbound leg, which was nice. It priced at $1461 (via ITA) and with all the help and advice on here, used paypal, though did have to ring AA this morning to force it to ticket.

Now to think whether to take the last HEL-MAN flight seeing as i'm based in HEL - what are other FTer's experiences of 'missing' the last flight?
Old May 16, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by offshore_bob
Just picked myself up a MAN-SAT in August:

MAN-HEL-DUB-ORD-DFW-SAT-ORD-DUB-HEL-MAN

The AA website threw in DFW on the outbound leg, which was nice. It priced at $1461 (via ITA) and with all the help and advice on here, used paypal, though did have to ring AA this morning to force it to ticket.

Now to think whether to take the last HEL-MAN flight seeing as i'm based in HEL - what are other FTer's experiences of 'missing' the last flight?
Hey Bob, can you step me through how you got AA to price this? I'd be interested in taking this exact routing if you can assist.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
Hey Bob, can you step me through how you got AA to price this? I'd be interested in taking this exact routing if you can assist.
Sure, used ITA Matrix with MAN as 'from' and SAT as 'to', then in the advanced routing codes added HEL, DUB, ORD for both outbound and return. You can also throw DFW into the mix as well it seems.

The MAN-HEL-DUB is on one day, then next day the US leg (same for the final HEL-MAN leg). Found what I wanted and used BookwithMatrix to price it and offer a booking possibility with AA which used the US website so price stayed as per ITA and i was able to pay with paypal. If you try and use a non-US card it doesn't like it and computer says no. It gave me the AA record locator code but as the ticket hadn't been issued after 3h, i rang the UK AA team and the hold up was because of paying in US$ from a UK paypal account. They quickly sorted that and ticket was issued shortly after.

Hope that helps
Old May 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by offshore_bob
Sure, used ITA Matrix with MAN as 'from' and SAT as 'to', then in the advanced routing codes added HEL, DUB, ORD for both outbound and return. You can also throw DFW into the mix as well it seems.

The MAN-HEL-DUB is on one day, then next day the US leg (same for the final HEL-MAN leg). Found what I wanted and used BookwithMatrix to price it and offer a booking possibility with AA which used the US website so price stayed as per ITA and i was able to pay with paypal. If you try and use a non-US card it doesn't like it and computer says no. It gave me the AA record locator code but as the ticket hadn't been issued after 3h, i rang the UK AA team and the hold up was because of paying in US$ from a UK paypal account. They quickly sorted that and ticket was issued shortly after.

Hope that helps

Please make sure all your flights have seperate flight numbers as if your ORD - DFW - SAT might have the same flight number which means you only get one set of TP's / Avios , AA are the worst for this and its quite common if it "drops" in a connection
Old May 16, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Please make sure all your flights have seperate flight numbers as if your ORD - DFW - SAT might have the same flight number which means you only get one set of TP's / Avios , AA are the worst for this and its quite common if it "drops" in a connection
Ah, you're correct the ORD-DFW-SAT does have same flight number, not too worry it'll all still bring up enough TPs for my GC. Thanks for the advice though, will bear in mind for next year's TP runs.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
I'm seeing AMS to BKK for Easter next year and other dates for £1200 in J. This includes an overnight layover back in London and a next day connection to AMS from Gatwick.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
I'm seeing AMS to BKK for Easter next year and other dates for £1200 in J. This includes an overnight layover back in London and a next day connection to AMS from Gatwick.
Yep, this is a very long running advanced purchase fare from AMS-BKK on BA in J, I did one earlier this year and am doing one in August. Some details of the fare in the post linked to in the current promotions section of the TP thread wiki.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
I hope you're routing through KUL or SIN? The LHR-BKK does not sound too great from most reports on here!
Old May 16, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I hope you're routing through KUL or SIN? The LHR-BKK does not sound too great from most reports on here!
It isn't that bad - it takes off too early to get your head down easily, and it's a long day once you arrive, so I'd prefer to route through HKG or KUL on the way out. On the way back, it's 777 CW and the planes are old but it's a day flight which makes it quite acceptable in economy. For business class travellers, I find that I always sleep very well out of HKG/KUL so I'd rather have more time on the ground in BKK - but if the timings work, you can get to AMS the same night that you leave on the BA10.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paging rossmacd & KARFA - is it possible to build an itinerary with (just) under 24 hours in SEA to go to the Museum of Flight on the exGVA fares (or a mix of exGVA return OTP?!)
Old May 17, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Paging rossmacd & KARFA - is it possible to build an itinerary with (just) under 24 hours in SEA to go to the Museum of Flight on the exGVA fares (or a mix of exGVA return OTP?!)
Have just built a similar itinerary (albeit with 40hrs in SEA):
GVA-MAD-MIA-LAX-SFO//SFO-SEA-SFO//SFO-LAX-JFK-HEL-ZRH
£1190 for GVA-SFO and 720TP
£188 for SFO-SEA, AA codeshare operated by AS, and 15TP (subject to BAEC wrangling)

Lots of other routings available via MAD (JFK, PHL, CLT, MIA), we've done the HEL option on the return as my friend wanted to avoid the IB A330's we're forced on due to the schedule.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm greedy and have lots of requirements () which include; lay flat wherever possible - 24hrs stop in VEGAS - not Saturday as hotels too pricey - not fussed about night in MIA - defo SEA and returning through Heathrow.

Talk about Prima Donna !!! Can anyone tweak this?

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Ohhh, and minimal annual leave!
Old May 17, 2017, 4:27 am

Easy
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.