Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Anybody have any good ideas to get to PVG? Looks like I am going to have to be there for a couple months this summer. I am thinking of the PSA-CTU fare and then coming back to HKG and then getting avios flight to PVG. I have Chinese visa so no problem in that regard. I have some GUF's to burn but premium economy fares look expensive. Any ideas most welcome. The below pic is what I am thinking at the moment.

Many thanks
Attached Images  
Old May 3, 2017, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just been told I need to be in NYC from 14th-17th May.

Is anyone able to advise of the cheapest routing to get there?

The best I can find online, is around £2,100 with AA from DUB.

Thanks in advance!

M
Old May 3, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by chris1979
Nice. Had forgotten that this wasn't just SAT LIT and OKC.

Anything better for ORD or is best option to go to BOS and then connect.
Seemingly the idea behind this fare was to fill up the ex-MAN TATLs ... but did anyone ever figure the rationale behind specifying only those 3 somewhat airports obscure airports ? ( tho' LIT works well for my trip and SAT is a cheap entry up I-35 and into AUS )
Old May 3, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Thanks in advance!

M
Not many options for those dates unfortunately. Could you do Saturday 13th to Wednesday 17th?
£2,100 for AA direct from DUB or with BA via LHR. Alternatively, DUS>LHR>JFK with BA in WT+ is £828, which leaves a lot of money left over for an AUP at LHR to CW or use a joker/GUF1 to open up reward space the whole way through? (The price is again for departing on Saturday 13th).

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Pilot37
Old May 3, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat

Thanks in advance!

M
Bit of a hassle, but if you leave on Saturday 13, you could get an ex-INN for £1,741.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:38 pm

I've just been told I need to be in NYC from 14th-17th May...
exMAN to Boston is £1006, if you don't mind the hop down.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BA
Luxury sale now on
---

What if you could enjoy the benefits of travelling in premium, for less? Well now you can.

Take a look at our great offers on flights and holidays in business class and first, to destinations across the globe, in our luxury sale.

With enticing new enhancements to include The First Wing, a smart new check-in area for First customers at London Heathrow; Club Europe now available on UK domestic flights and newly refurbished lounges – there really is no better time to book!

Plus, you can save up to an additional £100 on selected luxury holidays in the sale, up until midnight 9 May 2017*.

Sale ends 23 May 2017.

--
Old May 5, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Anybody have any good ideas to get to PVG? Looks like I am going to have to be there for a couple months this summer. I am thinking of the PSA-CTU fare and then coming back to HKG and then getting avios flight to PVG. I have Chinese visa so no problem in that regard. I have some GUF's to burn but premium economy fares look expensive. Any ideas most welcome. The below pic is what I am thinking at the moment.

Many thanks
This is old, but £1,357 on QR VIE to PVG seems much better to me. £200 but no back-tracking and no avios to burn (albeit you might be able to fund those out of your tier bonus!), and all those sweet, sweet TPs...
Old May 6, 2017, 6:23 am

Struggling with a Pricing from Matrix.

Im then using the book with AA bottom right but its repricing at this.

Please note the top 1 is for 2 passengers and when going through only 1 but looking at a £300 difference per passenger. Anyone any idea what im doing wrong ?

PS - I have tried to use the schedule search in AA.co.uk and its not finding the morning DUB-LHR flight.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Look at the booking classes for DUB-LHR. Seems like it wants you to make two bookings, one with it in D and one with it in J.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:03 am

1. Have you tried changing the point of sale to USA and/or Dublin - whichever AA.com is using?

2. Have you tried BookWithMatrix to force it, either via aa.com or Priceline?

I agree that the issue is most likely caused by the D/J issue, i.e., AA.com doesn't want you to book I+D but there is no availability in the relevant AA bucket. BA.com or a UK TA might be able to get closer.

It'd be helpful, if none of the above makes it clear, if you could expand the fare details from the AA.ocm search. For what it's worth, I'm only seeing the higher price in ITA.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
I need to go to Tokyo around the 22nd June for about a week.

I'm fairly conversant with Matrix and have been trying a few different ideas. I've got a GUF2 to use if needed and would like to travel in J or F. Ex eu isn't a problem but the best deals I can find won't book on a dummy booking as it gives a mct error as its too tight. What's the MCT at LHR for int to int?

Also, no matter how I try I can't get any flight quotes with Qatar through Doha.

Whilst I've already been searching myself, I'd appreciate any thoughts, ideas or help which might help me get a good deal. I realise there could be a sale just around the corner with QTR or FIN etc but obviously difficult/impossible to predict

Regards

AQ
Old May 6, 2017, 8:18 am

MCT is ninety minutes from T3-T5 (or vice versa, not relevant in this case) or one hour within T5. However, if you're booking via the multi-city tool on BA.com you may get errors if you booked, e.g., LUX - LHR | LHR - HND and the time between arriving and landing is less than two hours.

The best I can do on BA is LUX-TYO | TYO-MUC, depending on dates. QR ex-VIE looks pretty good - again you might need to be flexible and maybe deal with a long layover.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Thanks Cymro

I hadn't thought of MUC so I'll look into that. Also, schoolboy error on Matrix regarding Qatar, being in ATC I was using the ICAO not IATA!

Cheers

AQ
Old May 6, 2017, 9:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Less than £2k in F LHR to AUH/DXB is pretty good.

Last edited by DYKWIA; May 6, 2017 at 9:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.