Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Still a bit pricey for me to cancel a redemption and book cash; waiting for a c£650 super sale!
I think those days are over for a while thanks to the exchange rate :-(
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
£1074 MXP-LHR-DXB on BA in CW over October half term. Not earth-shattering but a decent price for BA.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
£1074 MXP-LHR-DXB on BA in CW over October half term. Not earth-shattering but a decent price for BA.
Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Just had a quick look through and this fare is widely available throughout the remainder of the year and early 2018. Thanks for the heads up - I've been meaning to get out to DXB when time allows.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by arnie.
Just had a quick look through and this fare is widely available throughout the remainder of the year and early 2018. Thanks for the heads up - I've been meaning to get out to DXB when time allows.
Works from FCO too, though MXP/LIN are better if you're positioning on RFS.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Works from FCO too, though MXP/LIN are better if you're positioning on RFS.
And MXP is likely to be better for a B2B. You can even do a 6 p.m. departure and be back in LHR by 10.45 p.m.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm looking for a LHR (or ex-EU) J or PEY ticket to SYD for about 2 weeks mid October

And another LHR-HKG ticket (must be ex LHR or LGW but non-direct ok) for someone else sometime in Sep-Oct-Nov for 1-2 weeks.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by creampuff
I'm looking for a LHR (or ex-EU) J or PEY ticket to SYD for about 2 weeks mid October

And another LHR-HKG ticket (must be ex LHR or LGW but non-direct ok) for someone else sometime in Sep-Oct-Nov for 1-2 weeks.

Any ideas?
There's a QR companion sale from OSL and ARN at the moment which is spitting out some OK deals.

On the HKG point, if you say non-direct is OK surely an ex-EU is still possible. Nothing to stop you flying to say Frankfurt and taking the CX flight from there? Or even doing the known routing from AMS back via LHR - you could do this on a quite straightforward back to back. Can't really help on cheap ex-LON fares personally though.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by obduro
On the HKG point, if you say non-direct is OK surely an ex-EU is still possible. Nothing to stop you flying to say Frankfurt and taking the CX flight from there? Or even doing the known routing from AMS back via LHR - you could do this on a quite straightforward back to back. Can't really help on cheap ex-LON fares personally though.
I'd rather avoid BA unless there is a major financial incentive not to and Ex EU would mean a positioning flight on BA with no thru checked bags.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by creampuff
I'd rather avoid BA unless there is a major financial incentive not to and Ex EU would mean a positioning flight on BA with no thru checked bags.
Interesting you're using a thread on a BA forum to try and completely avoid BA flights!

Good luck on your quest!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Nice find ^

Do you have a link for the DOH-CMB-HKG option?
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=0#search;f=DOH;t=HKG;d=2017-08-09;r=2017-08-14;sc=b

You will have a free trip in Colombo as well as they will give you free hotel stay. Sri Lanka is a nice place for layovers.

If you fly it in August note the route is downgraded to A321 and would be direct flight. It will go back to normal in September with A333s and BKK stop.

Last edited by cysyuen; Apr 20, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: BAEC : GGL; HHonors : Diamond
Help with AMS-TPE or AMS-BKK J booking

I've been playing around with pricing up flights from Europe to Asia and have found two BA fares that I'm interested in.

AMS-TPE or AMS-BKK

The fare I'm trying to get to work is the 60 day advance purchase fare (INCEU60 is the fare code).

I'm interested to break up the journey with some stops along the way. According to the routing rules, I believe I should be able to have a stop in HKG, KUL or SIN as below (other routing available but these are the ones I'm interested in):

AMS-LON-(HKG/KUL/SIN)-BKK
AMS-LON-(HKG/KUL/SIN)-BKK-TPE

Works fine for HKG and KUL, but cannot get SIN to work. I've played around with various dates but no luck.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong? (screen shots attached for example).

Oh and also, for the BKK-TPE leg the routing rules say flights have to be on AE (Aegean) CI (China Airlines) BR (Eva Air). Would there be any Avios and TP collection for these flights? I'm assuming no.
Attached Images    
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No TP or avios for your BKK-TPE flights unless they are booked under a BA codeshare.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by timcjp

Works fine for HKG and KUL, but cannot get SIN to work. I've played around with various dates but no luck.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong? (screen shots attached for example).
Could be down to fare bucket availability?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by arnie.
Can anyone see when this fare needs to be booked by? All I can see on ITA Matrix is the below, so does that mean its available until the buckets are empty?

Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 60 DAYS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 60 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE
WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.