Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Cradders
I'm surprised that the current J sale on AY hasn't really been mentioned much on this thread. I've booked LHR-HEL-ICN for £1,377. A350 on both legs, and accrues 440TP to boot.

Not quite TP run territory, or as cheap as some of their ~£1k deals last year but given the dearth of options out there at the moment, not too bad I thought.
Thanks Cradders.

How long are you staying / minimum stay requirements?

The AY fares are good but less useful for TP runs than in the past, IME, as the minimum stay is no longer a Saturday night as it was until sometime last year.

I went to ICN in February 2016 on a reasonable deal with a night in the ICN Hyatt (OT, but a very nice hotel).
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Ex NYC

Hi,

I have a friend who doesn't know much about the in and outs of fares or 'deals' but anyway they based in NYC and wish to visit London in early June 17. I only really know about fares from UK/EU vs the other way! So does anyone know of any decent fares in J/F or the best options for pricing? JFK - LHR is the routing ideally.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:11 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks Cradders.

The AY fares are good but less useful for TP runs than in the past, IME, as the minimum stay is no longer a Saturday night as it was until sometime last year.

I went to ICN in February 2016 on a reasonable deal with a night in the ICN Hyatt (OT, but a very nice hotel).
You can also save ~£120 by stopping over in HEL, but sadly, you can no longer get the airport Hilton for 12000 points + €38 so it will probably cost you about £120 (but if there are two of you then it may still be worthwhile)

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I have a friend who doesn't know much about the in and outs of fares or 'deals' but anyway they based in NYC and wish to visit London in early June 17. I only really know about fares from UK/EU vs the other way! So does anyone know of any decent fares in J/F or the best options for pricing? JFK - LHR is the routing ideally.
This may be one for the main Premium Fare deals forum as it's sort of focused on the US
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to clarify, the BA IMOR fare LHR-HEL-TLL has the following for minimum stay:

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
I don't think it ever said inbound travel must start no earlier than the first Sunday after departure.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Cradders:
I'm surprised that the current J sale on AY hasn't really been mentioned much on this thread. I've booked LHR-HEL-ICN for £1,377. A350 on both legs, and accrues 440TP to boot.
I booked on that sale thanks to Head for Points - got LHR-HEL-PVG for £1317 and I'm on an A350 for 3 of the 4 legs so am ridiculously excited.

1F
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks Cradders.

I'm staying 3 nights. AFAIK there's no minimum stay provided a Sat night is included.

There are indeed some excellent hotels at reasonable prices in the Incheon area. I highly recommend the Oakwood Premier. I think that's possibly the best hotel I've stayed in around there. The Intercontinental is a good downtown option, too.

1nfrequent, I'm a big fan of the A350. I prefer it to the 787 by some margin. Enjoy!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:22 am

Hey guys, (newbie question!!)

I've been reading with interest the ex-Dub J prices. I'm trying to book Dub-SFO and managed to get ITA Matrix to find a €1500 price with a stop in CLT. Both AA.com and Bookwithmatrix are pricing this up on the more expensive I tickets rather than ILN8S4C1. Any ideas on how I can find the cheap I fares? TIA
Attached Images   

Last edited by Llewelyn7; Apr 3, 2017 at 2:52 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:19 am

Hi All, i've been reading around the MAN - SAT fares with interest- I have to make a trip to AUS / SAT in June and these fares seem perfect.

Google mentions the AA flight i'd need to take is one of the older 'angled lie flat' 757. Online articles seem to state that this older aircraft is only used when a new one breaks down. Any insights on this? I don't fancy treating myself to business class to find myself in one of these aging seats!

https://www.google.ch/flights/#searc...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmflex
Hi All, i've been reading around the MAN - SAT fares with interest- I have to make a trip to AUS / SAT in June and these fares seem perfect.

Google mentions the AA flight i'd need to take is one of the older 'angled lie flat' 757. Online articles seem to state that this older aircraft is only used when a new one breaks down. Any insights on this? I don't fancy treating myself to business class to find myself in one of these aging seats!

https://www.google.ch/flights/#searc...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
Why not route MAN-ORD (refurbished 767) or MAN-PHL (A330)? Both have lie flat non-angles seats.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Why not route MAN-ORD (refurbished 767) or MAN-PHL (A330)? Both have lie flat non-angles seats.
The flight i selected does route via ORD, but some of the flights on that route show angled, some show lie flat. The fare doesn't seem to be available on all days, so sod's law the date I can choose only shows the angled seat.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
AA has 30 767s left in service, of those 6 of them still have the slopey J seats. These aircraft are only planned to operate domestic flights, including Hawaii and the occasional South America flight, usually Uruguay. MAN should in theory by a lie-flat aircraft, but of course there is no way of knowing until the day. Seat maps are of no use, because AA will almost always load all flights with the seat map of the lowest seat config (new seats) and then change it later. None of them have built in IFE and you will be given a tablet on longhaul flights. For the westbound day flight the angle J seats are fine, but for the night flight home if you want to be sure then you need to route via CLT or PHL for the A330.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
AA has 30 767s left in service, of those 6 of them still have the slopey J seats. These aircraft are only planned to operate domestic flights, including Hawaii and the occasional South America flight, usually Uruguay. MAN should in theory by a lie-flat aircraft, but of course there is no way of knowing until the day. Seat maps are of no use, because AA will almost always load all flights with the seat map of the lowest seat config (new seats) and then change it later. None of them have built in IFE and you will be given a tablet on longhaul flights. For the westbound day flight the angle J seats are fine, but for the night flight home if you want to be sure then you need to route via CLT or PHL for the A330.

Thanks AirProx. It seems i could then risk it, assuming that Google's assumption of the old J craft is wrong...

On another note, I can only seem to get the 1048 price by routing via ORD. PHL and CLT connections both bump up the price by over 1k!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
If it is showing angled lie flat, but 757 and not 767, then rest assured only 2 are left with the angled lie flat seats. The new seats are the same as on the transcon A321.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
If it is showing angled lie flat, but 757 and not 767, then rest assured only 2 are left with the angled lie flat seats. The new seats are the same as on the transcon A321.
This thread seems to say the same (2 are left in service).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...7-s-why-7.html

As there are only 2 flights a day MAN-ORD could it be both of these are the older 757 and hence the lower price? Trying to avoid this route but I can't seem to find any CLT or PHL connections with the same pricing.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The routes they operate on are totally random. The seatmaps won't tell you anything as they both have 4 rows in J.

They seem to have been refurbishing them pretty quickly, there's a good chance the entire fleet will be complete within a few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.