Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:05 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Anyone finding anything useful EU-West Coast US at the moment? Cheapest seems to be ex-DUB but still coming in around £1.6k.
Originally Posted by opalfruit
August 2017.

The OTP-PHX deal looks good, but once I factor in positioning at both ends I'd be better off taking the ex-DUB. Nothing around at the moment from Zone 1/2 EU to SEA/LAX/SFO?
I've been looking for a few weeks at prices into the Bay Area at the end of July.

AA had a fairly short term £1250ish price for a DUB-ORD-SFO routing a few weeks ago, which then went back to £1500. Today it's back (on Matrix, I haven't tried to book it on AA's websites, either UK or IE) - downsides for the £250 saving are 767 into ORD, which is flat bed but tablet IFE, and the latest flight back out of SFO is 11am. As I'm on a fairly short visit, this takes a lot of time out of my San Fran itinerary but for others on longer stays it might not matter so much.

It's also possible to route back via PHL for the A330, but that's a shared flight number so 40 less TPs, and it gets into DUB slightly later.

BA is still around £1600 for DUB-LHR-SJC.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 2, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
There are musings on this thread that when Matrix was tweaked, the Powertools script had to be modified to work with the tweaks. I would read the Powertools thread (the latest posts only) to see what is going on:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lh-lx-tk.html

Thank you. Back working again, though frustratingly not pricing correctly with ITA price
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:00 am

Dub-sfo £1300 aa/ba

Annoyingly I am seeing around £1300 for multiple routings to SFO from DUB for booking dates 3rd-5th June with travel in July. £1300-ish on GF & ITA but can't get it to price on AA or OTAs. Any clues?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Phorbas
I was able to get the above itinerary (for earlier in August) to price on the American website (via BookWithMatrix).
This fare is bookable with BA for the same price.
I have it on hold for earlier in August. Now just need to decide if I need to go to Phoenix
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ClutchBrace
Annoyingly I am seeing around £1300 for multiple routings to SFO from DUB for booking dates 3rd-5th June with travel in July. £1300-ish on GF & ITA but can't get it to price on AA or OTAs. Any clues?
Seeing this too for SEA, LAX and others - price shoots up when you click through to AA/BA.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
For all of us with ex-CAI QR runs, my condolences....
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nk15
For all of us with ex-CAI QR runs, my condolences....
Because . . .
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by danger
Because . . .
I suppose it's about this: Gulf tensions - Bahrain/Egypt/Saudi & UAE cut ties with Qatar
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Originally Posted by ClutchBrace
also having the same problem and even calling BA direct they are quoting over £1900 for the same route.... as is AA.com when using bookingwithmatrix....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Lefly
This is only going to affect CAI => DOH and not anything that is on BA CAI => LHR so only really QR for these runs that are affected but anything east yeah it is toast unless the tensions are sorted out
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by newbyuk
also having the same problem and even calling BA direct they are quoting over £1900 for the same route.... as is AA.com when using bookingwithmatrix....
Pretty sure the reason for the lower price is that the long haul flights are using AY codes. You'll have to get a TA to book to get the price I'd imagine (as in an actual TA, not an OTA). You might be able to get Finnair to do it
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Originally Posted by Swibbz
Pretty sure the reason for the lower price is that the long haul flights are using AY codes. You'll have to get a TA to book to get the price I'd imagine (as in an actual TA, not an OTA). You might be able to get Finnair to do it
Ah thanks for that although just checked and using Finnair doesn't seem to fix it - it seems more acute on the DUB originating and returning routes - if I change origination to AMS, CDG, BRU the impact isn't as bad on the price irregularity between MATRIX and aa/ba.com.....grrr
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:55 am

Ah thanks for that although just checked and using Finnair doesn't seem to fix it - it seems more acute on the DUB originating and returning routes - if I change origination to AMS, CDG, BRU the impact isn't as bad on the price irregularity between MATRIX and aa/ba.com.....grrr
My point is, you're going to need to call a travel agent and specifically ask them to book the short-hall sectors under the appropriate BA code and the long-haul under the AY codeshare.

Going to Finnair's site isn't going to do anything for you as they'll book the entire thing under their codes which will impact the price. When I said Finnair might be able to do it, I meant over the phone
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Swibbz

Going to Finnair's site isn't going to do anything for you as they'll book the entire thing under their codes which will impact the price. When I said Finnair might be able to do it, I meant over the phone
Sorry I probably wasn't clear I did go via my travel agent and also to Finnair direct (by phone) to do this over the phone on BA and AY flight numbers etc but to no avail..... back to the drawing board me thinks
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:28 am

Sorry I probably wasn't clear I did go via my travel agent and also to Finnair direct (by phone) to do this over the phone on BA and AY flight numbers etc but to no avail..... back to the drawing board me thinks
Interesting, can you post a screenshot of the itinerary that gets you to ~£1300? Or a direct link if you were able to price up on google flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.