Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by dakaix
They are still available, but not for departures on a Sat/Sun; was looking this morning at fares for the end of the Month. Can do it for £270 if you dep on Fri and return on Sun (with A350 both ways... but a 5hr connection in HEL on the outbound).
What were you using - ITA Matrix? I need to book one of these and can't get anywhere near that pricing!
Old May 7, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's worth noting that, in our sample size, about 10% of FlyerTalkers who use this fare to go to Tallinn end up missing their return sector and have to buy a new ticket, sometimes on Ryanair. So please factor that into your TP / £ calculation.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Have booked on Ba.com
Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but how do you book this on Ba.com? If I enter LHR - TLL return I can only see the direct flights, If I try LHR - HEL - TLL - HEL - LHR as a multi city it says it doesn't fly that route.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Calchas
It's worth noting that, in our sample size, about 10% of FlyerTalkers who use this fare to go to Tallinn end up missing their return sector and have to buy a new ticket, sometimes on Ryanair. So please factor that into your TP / £ calculation.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
In fact, if there's a decent FR fare well in advance it might be worth booking one as insurance if you are planning the 0600 departure, regardless of whether your aim is to cause a Champagne shortage.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
I get exactly the same message, BA says my booking is fine, Finnair says they don't have my booking in their system... getting concern but not flying till June.
​​​​​​
As per my earlier message on this topic in the Do thread; Finnair has cancelled all of their PNRs for the BA coded bookings. It's no longer possible to use them; you must instead use the BA PNR.

Your ticket will be safe (BA will confirm as much if you ask), but the only way to do seat assignments now is with BA over the phone. Finnair's website won't permit you to change BA coded assignments, nor will QF/QR/RJ's MMB either.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dakaix
​​​​​​
As per my earlier message on this topic in the Do thread; Finnair has cancelled all of their PNRs for the BA coded bookings. It's no longer possible to use them; you must instead use the BA PNR.

Your ticket will be safe (BA will confirm as much if you ask), but the only way to do seat assignments now is with BA over the phone. Finnair's website won't permit you to change BA coded assignments, nor will QF/QR/RJ's MMB either.
Yes, just to reassure this happened to me and everything was fine. I was able to add the AY PNY to the AY app and check in.

Also could you use the AY chat function on their website to do seat selection perhaps?
Old May 8, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
....Also could you use the AY chat function on their website to do seat selection perhaps?
This method worked fine for me, all seats showing correctly in myflights on the BA PNR. The myflights AY PNR only shows seats for LHR HEL (AY operated).
Old May 8, 2017, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but how do you book this on Ba.com? If I enter LHR - TLL return I can only see the direct flights, If I try LHR - HEL - TLL - HEL - LHR as a multi city it says it doesn't fly that route.
What dates are you looking at? There is limited availability for a Saturday/Sunday run between now and November. Also ba,com doesn't want to show the HEL connection option until November (presumably since BA have their own direct flight now). Perhaps try pricing up on itamatrix?
Old May 8, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Agent69
I have successfully booked on BA using the work-around documented much earlier in this thread (it didn't work for both trips I have done and I had to book with BA over the phone for a Sat/Sun trip).

Choose outward and return dates over a weekend in November where the BA direct flight is not available and the connecting options are shown. Then move the departure date back a week at a time using the "Previous Week" button. It is slow and you have to tell BA "I am not a robot" at least once, but I have just stepped all the way back to the start of June and found availability for a Friday to Monday weekend on many dates.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Sorry to go over old ground but I need to be clear on something. Back in February, I booked flights on this route for myself and family for travel in December. I did everything through the BA site and selected seats using MMB which automatically redirected to the Finnair site. All was fine and the seat selection is clearly visible on the checkmytrip app. However, now the automatic link from MMB to the finnair site is now not working,

The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your TravelSupport Desk if further details are needed. Contact information can befound by clicking the 'Contact' link above. (141 - 284)
The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your TravelSupport Desk if further details are needed. Contact information can befound by clicking the 'Contact' link above. (141 - 284)

............ and if I look at my booking on the Finnair site, I can't see any indication of those chosen seats. Have my seat reservations been removed or are they still there? How can I find out?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Sorry to go over old ground but I need to be clear on something. Back in February, I booked flights on this route for myself and family for travel in December. I did everything through the BA site and selected seats using MMB which automatically redirected to the Finnair site. All was fine and the seat selection is clearly visible on the checkmytrip app. However, now the automatic link from MMB to the finnair site is not working, and if I look at my booking on the Finnair site, I can't see any indication of those chosen seats. Have my seat reservations been removed or are they still there? How can I find out?
They should still be there (see above for deleted AY PNRs). You should still be able to add the AY PNR to myflights to check seat reservations as well - even when I experienced the same as you with the AY app and AY MMB not accepting the AY PNR, myflights still monitored and updated using the AY PNR.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Seat reservations are still there. You can contact finnair via webchat if you want them to check these for you. There is also an element of trust that she is showing on BA.com remains correct. Mine never changed but some did change at the last minute for those travelling on Friday just gone.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by madfish
Seat reservations are still there. You can contact finnair via webchat if you want them to check these for you. There is also an element of trust that she is showing on BA.com remains correct. Mine never changed but some did change at the last minute for those travelling on Friday just gone.
Also, if you go to MMB on Finnair.com (directly rather than via the link in BA MMB) and put in the BA PNR and select the "Travel extras" below each route, the page expands to show the selected seats.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking at a trip in August, out on 24th and back on 28th. Google flights is showing a base fare of £231 with A350 both ways, including a 5.5hr stop in HEL on the way out.

According to GF you can reduce the outbound stopover to an hour and 10 minutes for an additional £46, but this does not appear on BA.com or Expedia. Guess I need to speak to BA to see if the shorter duration outbound trip is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.