Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Took me a few weeks and lots of Tweeting and messaging on here but eventually got my missing TPs - sadly the online system didn't work either, BA couldn't seem to see the TLL leg had been flown despite it being clear on AY's system. BP for TLL leg had no FF number on it either, yet LHR-HEL (and vv) legs did, despite all being one booking with BAEC number added!
When we arrived at the HEL lounge we were told no FF on the TLL leg but told to speak to gate staff which we did. On the return leg we actually checked in at TLL - got them to add FF numbers and received BP's with the correct details but still didn't post.

Just wondered why after six months of doing these flights there are suddenly problems??
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
When we arrived at the HEL lounge we were told no FF on the TLL leg but told to speak to gate staff which we did. On the return leg we actually checked in at TLL - got them to add FF numbers and received BP's with the correct details but still didn't post.

Just wondered why after six months of doing these flights there are suddenly problems??
My trip was in early March so has been intermittent for a while I think.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:14 pm

It does seem to be in the hands of the IT gods whether or not it posts: the two trips I've taken so far have been in late January and late March/early April, and they've both posted fine with no need to claim later. I've probably jinxed it for my next trip, now...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
My flights are a few days before my membership year end and I hope they post trouble free as they will get me to gold and I'd like to use the F wing a week after my flights. I know I can do a retrospective claim but I'd like to see the 1530 TP before they reset...
Old May 1, 2017, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I booked another run on the phone yesterday (LHR-TLL-HEL-LHR) with BA and unfortunately via MMB on ba.com I couldn't be redirected to Finnair's website for the seat selection.

Finnair's chat agent was then able to select seats for me after 30 minutes... Interestingly, on this booking AY's PNR is the same as BA's.

Those IT glitches really seem to persist: Not only is it impossible to book those flights on ba.com, but seat selection is and issue and crediting as well.

Last edited by florens; May 1, 2017 at 1:04 am
Old May 1, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BA silver,
Have booked on Ba.com so have BA flight numbers. Different PNR on AY website so could do seats ok. Although doing HBO any thoughts on whether picking up BPs at either the AY or BA desk in T3 will improve the chance of immediate tier point registering?
Old May 2, 2017, 2:47 pm

Hi All, new to this tier point runs but need the 200 TP, can someone look if these are the correct fights? The TLL return is FINNAIR 108 flight number

Old May 2, 2017, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by molins1972
Hi All, new to this tier point runs but need the 200 TP, can someone look if these are the correct fights? The TLL return is FINNAIR 108 flight number

This trip will yield 200TP, but no A350 unfortunately. The A350 operates on AY831/832 (BA6031/32). If you book all-BA flight numbers you will also get more avios compared to the AY earnings.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:59 am

Has anyone been having issues trying to buy this fare through the BA site recently?

Looking at some dates in late November, e.g. 23rd-27th, for various routes such as NCL-LHR-HEL-TLL. Lots of availability on Matrix at £337 including domestic I class, as expected.

Yet on the BA site, all connections are offering £319 each way per person, i.e. £620 return. This is on the usual Finnair flights, rather than the BA direct TLL service.

BookwithMatrix suggests that the fare can be booked for $420-odd via Priceline, but that is showing domestic as R (i.e. fewer TP).

Am I just missing something? Is there any way of booking the £330-odd domestic-LHR-HEL-TLL fares via the BA site? I'm absolutely sure I did this for one of my trips this BAEC membership year
Old May 4, 2017, 8:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Haven't found any decent fares to TLL on ba.com for some time. Indeed just entering TLL into the BA search engine normally returns an error message!

There are £320 fares available through americanexpress.co.uk with LHR-HEL-LHR code shared with BA
Old May 4, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Haven't found any decent fares to TLL on ba.com for some time. Indeed just entering TLL into the BA search engine normally returns an error message!

There are £320 fares available through americanexpress.co.uk with LHR-HEL-LHR code shared with BA
They are still available, but not for departures on a Sat/Sun; was looking this morning at fares for the end of the Month. Can do it for £270 if you dep on Fri and return on Sun (with A350 both ways... but a 5hr connection in HEL on the outbound).
Old May 7, 2017, 4:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Still having issues with HEL-TLL-HEL flights posting. Submitted requests for myself and wife. Wife's both came through straight away but eventually only TLL-HEL appeared for me.

Guess I'll have to resubmit for HEL-TLL again
Old May 7, 2017, 5:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Getting an error when looking at seats for my bookings.

When I get transferred to the Finnair website I get an error

The system is unable to retrieve this trip, please contact your TravelSupport Desk if further details are needed. Contact information can befound by clicking the 'Contact' link above. (141 - 284)
Any thoughts?

Bit concerned that we might get issues checking in.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Getting an error when looking at seats for my bookings.

When I get transferred to the Finnair website I get an error

Any thoughts?

Bit concerned that we might get issues checking in.
I get exactly the same message, BA says my booking is fine, Finnair says they don't have my booking in their system... getting concern but not flying till June.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by megaloman
I get exactly the same message, BA says my booking is fine, Finnair says they don't have my booking in their system... getting concern but not flying till June.
Same error for me when trying to select seats.

I had to supply my BA PNR to Finnair in order to get my seats reserved, via the online chat support.

The Finnair PNR doesn't seem to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.