Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
HEL-TLL points finally posted after BA Twitter team intervention (still no reply from their FT rep for some reason). Glad as a point of principle to have them finally post, will try not to spend the 20 TP/500 Avios all at once
Glad to hear you got it sorted ^. It gives me some hope .

Can I ask how long it took them to respond to your original claim? I haven't heard anything back yet and nothing is showing on my partner claim page.

I contacted them on twitter this morning but they just said they'll pass on my details to someone in the EC team. Is that the response you got or did the twitter team sort it for you?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Submitted 15/3, rejected 17/3, submitted extra evidence 17/3, further reply 20/3 saying still insufficient. Took to Twitter at that point - finally resolved today. My understanding was that it was still Exec Club back office that sorted it but got the impression that the Twitter team prompted them a bit.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by squawk
Not sure if here or the Do thread is the best place for it...

I happen to be in TLL just now for unrelated reasons, and a rather excited announcement was made (in Estonian and English), along the lines of "Today is an historic day for Tallinn airport and British Airways" with the inaugural flight to London Heathrow, and "to celebrate we invite passengers at Gate 13 to join us for cake and coffee". I'm staying in the Schengen area so can't see the extent of festivities.

Anybody on board this flight and planning on some photos/a report? As per other posts, it'll only be 40TP and operated on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
I was onboard! No report as such, but I put some food photos in the Club section.

The event at gate 13 was quite good, although I'm not sure how offically inclusive it was for non-journalists. The annoucement you heard was towards the end of the event. The speeches/event area was hidden around the corner from the cake/gate, but not roped off. It looked like most passengers just had a slice of cake and a coffee. I had a few very strong local G&Ts, and watched the speeches, but I was at the gate much earlier than most (no lounge so....).

A bit of publicity around the airport

Check in desks

The cake

G&Ts with local rhubard tonic

Speeches

The inbound arriving

People queueing for cake as the inbound pax file past

No gift bags as such, but I was given a red light at the gate and presented with a CW amenity kit

Tallinn old town after departure

First BA flight heading away from TLL

A quick reminder than another major British Airline has been in the LON-TLL market for a few years....

Originally Posted by Valgamaa
Here is a little more information -
http://news.err.ee/586569/gallery-fi...allinn-airport
Interesting photos...I wasn't in any of them!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I like the Ryanair sign right above the BA checkin counters
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
BA's cost cutting strikes again. Those flying TLL-LHR don't have lounge access but those flying TLL-HEL-LHR get lounge access at TLL if they show they're connecting to a business class flight. I've never seen the TLL lounge full. BA have no excuses.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:06 am

Thank you shefgab and valgamaa for the updates and photos! I was staying within Schengen so didn't get as far as the gate.

I too noticed the BA advertising on the escalators (and the EasyJet hoarding!) - they certainly seem to be trying to promote it. Is it meant to be year-round, or (initially) summer-only?

That's disappointing layz - is that for Club Europe passengers, or silver/gold (or both)? Is TLL a 'third party' lounge, rather than Finnair/BA, and would that have something to do with it? Or is it genuinely just (at least apparently) a stingy move on BA's part?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by squawk
Thank you shefgab and valgamaa for the updates and photos! I was staying within Schengen so didn't get as far as the gate.

I too noticed the BA advertising on the escalators (and the EasyJet hoarding!) - they certainly seem to be trying to promote it. Is it meant to be year-round, or (initially) summer-only?

That's disappointing layz - is that for Club Europe passengers, or silver/gold (or both)? Is TLL a 'third party' lounge, rather than Finnair/BA, and would that have something to do with it? Or is it genuinely just (at least apparently) a stingy move on BA's part?
Third party, run by the airport I think. It's for all passengers who would otherwise have for lounge accesss. No access for any BA passengers on the direct TLL-LHR flight.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 30, 2017 at 4:42 am
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Had the outbound this morning, starting with the amazing CX biz lounge to the nice A350 and now in the Hilton Suite - what an amazing day! In addition I chatted most of the flight with Samu Haber from Sunrise Avenue who was next to me. Such a nice guy and a bit Klischee to have one of the most famous Finnish singers next to me, ha.

​​​​​​
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Thanks for the pics,I was on the inbound flight,did not hang around,had taxi waiting for me to take me to my hotel,was the return flight full???
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pebadian
I chatted most of the flight with Samu Haber from Sunrise Avenue who was next to me. Such a nice guy and a bit Klischee to have one of the most famous Finnish singers next to me, ha.
Glad you enjoyed your trip out to TLL pebadian - though I had to look up the band! Perhaps we'll bump into each other in Tallinn over the weekend, as I arrive tomorrow (via the slow route from HEL, the ferry)!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pebadian
Had the outbound this morning, starting with the amazing CX biz lounge to the nice A350 and now in the Hilton Suite - what an amazing day! In addition I chatted most of the flight with Samu Haber from Sunrise Avenue who was next to me. Such a nice guy and a bit Klischee to have one of the most famous Finnish singers next to me, ha.

​​​​​​
Oh! That was you sitting in front of me today then - we spoke on the way off. I think there were a few Flyertalkers on board today, certainly another one was on the same flight to TLL tonight and is in the Swissotel too.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Oh! That was you sitting in front of me today then - we spoke on the way off. I think there were a few Flyertalkers on board today, certainly another one was on the same flight to TLL tonight and is in the Swissotel too.
Haha that was you! Amazing. I hope the connection time wasn't too long.

​​I'm just not keen on the 6am return Monday morning.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:48 am
dnw

Originally Posted by shefgab
I was onboard!
Did the direct flight post as 40 or 80 tier points?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Submitted 15/3, rejected 17/3, submitted extra evidence 17/3, further reply 20/3 saying still insufficient. Took to Twitter at that point - finally resolved today. My understanding was that it was still Exec Club back office that sorted it but got the impression that the Twitter team prompted them a bit.
My Avios and TP's turned up today! Woo hoo! I was expecting mine to be rejected too, but both mine and my partners claim were approved without needing to send any documents in. Really chuffed as I now have my 1500 TP's ^
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Nice one, AndyRobin ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.