Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Thanks, sounds good we're always up for a glass of champers ^
👍

Hope we will be able to celebrate your Gold status together.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by ianwall
As per a recent post of mine, you can do lhr-hel / tll-hel-lhr for £198 if booking via travelup.

This removes the need to have Y availablity on the hel-tll leg that day so maybe offers more options even if you do have to book a seperate (non TP earning) ferry to complete the trip.
I had seen your earlier post and had looked at fares. Just checked for July and August day trips and the price is coming in at between £500 and £900 for LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR. Have I missed something?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Sat night stay?

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by ianwall
Sat night stay?
yes Saturday night stay
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I had seen your earlier post and had looked at fares. Just checked for July and August day trips and the price is coming in at between £500 and £900 for LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR. Have I missed something?
Are you searching LHR-HEL-TLL / TLL-HEL-LHR as in your post, or LHR-HEL / TLL-HEL-LHR as in ianwalls post?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hodders
Are you searching LHR-HEL-TLL / TLL-HEL-LHR as in your post, or LHR-HEL / TLL-HEL-LHR as in ianwalls post?
The latter, obviously
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by teledude
Just back from my first TLL trip - loved it

Anyhow.... TP's have posted for the LHR-HEL sector but not HEL-TLL - does that usually take longer?

The only reason I ask is that when we boarded the TLL sector our boarding passes were scanned as red but we were waved through anyway due to a system error
Hey just wondering if your TP's posted in the end for the TLL sector?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Hey just wondering if your TP's posted in the end for the TLL sector?
​​​​Mine certainly haven't. I filed a missing points claim and they refused it saying no evidence of having flown. Have now sent eticket receipt plus copy of checked bag receipt and delayed baggage confirmation slip. It's not many points but more a point of principle!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by KARFA
November onwards is fine and all dates should be available and bookable on ba.com.
Irrespective of the TPs, a weekend trip to the Tallinn Xmas market makes an excellent festive gift, and I've just booked a couple of these fares for early Dec. Xmas presents sorted, in March.

While was researching the dates, I noted that the 1020 A350 LHR departure is already sold out on some Fridays and Saturdays from mid-Nov to Xmas day so if you particularly want this one, book sooner rather than later.

Incidentally, the Tallinn Xmas market continues past Xmas day into the New Year, and fares for a trip spanning New Years Eve in Tallinn are still available.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Hope it goes well. Keep us updated.
Just a quick update to say everything worked out ok (Helsinki to Tallinn leg cancelled because of strike - and BA giving me wrong advice on the phone).

Before we flew, the Tallinn flight had been removed completely from MMB on the Finnair website. On BA it still showed it as operating normally!

Flew to Helsinki without any problems (A350 was nice). We then got an uber across to the Ferry port. Unfortunately the bridge was being removed from the 16:30 ferry as we got there so we booked on to the 7pm ferry and made our way into Helsinki to have a look around (and when I say look around I mean find a bar). We then made our way back to the port and caught the ferry which takes 2 hours.

Our return flight was hassle free - and the food in the Tallinn lounge (sandwiches, salads and snacks) was quite nice.

I was surprised that the only communication that our flight was cancelled was a single text message from Finnair.

My miles and tier points for the cancelled leg have posted automatically. And I will try and claim the Uber and Ferry cost back from BA.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Glad it worked out.

So you didn't need to do anything to ensure that the return leg had not been cancelled - or would the cancellation of the flight just protect it?

Bit concerned that BA/Finnair might expect you to contact them to rebook the flight. Never had it happen, so unsure on procedure.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton honors Gold, Marriott Gold
We didn't need to do anything. Finnair had said to my friend on the phone that because they cancelled the flight it would be fine. And because it had been removed completely from MMB on Finnair - and the return was still showing intact I felt more confident. That said I did check a couple of times through the weekend.

I suppose once a flight is cancelled you can't be a "no show"?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Interesting the TP/Avios posted OK. Despite flying on my flight I haven't received mine yet, BA say I didn't fly on it (have now sent evidence to the contrary!). I had similar concerns re my HEL-LHR leg then being cancelled (I got ferry from TLL so didn't have a TLL-HEL leg in the booking), but thankfully no problems.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

While was researching the dates, I noted that the 1020 A350 LHR departure is already sold out on some Fridays and Saturdays from mid-Nov to Xmas day so if you particularly want this one, book sooner rather than later.
Interesting observations and thanks for the heads up. I should get those flights booked then!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Irrespective of the TPs, a weekend trip to the Tallinn Xmas market makes an excellent festive gift, and I've just booked a couple of these fares for early Dec. Xmas presents sorted, in March.

Incidentally, the Tallinn Xmas market continues past Xmas day into the New Year, and fares for a trip spanning New Years Eve in Tallinn are still available.
Thanks. I sadly didn't make it over when the market was out over the winter just gone. I am sure there were some photos of it in one of the trip reports and it did look very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.