Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
And if they can't store it there, then what happens?
From what I saw at the weekend, there seems to be no restriction on the size - or indeed the number of carry-ons brought on board even though the flights were rammed full.

Those that didn't fit into the overheads were placed under the seat in front. The guy next to me did this with a large piece of luggage that didn't totally fit underneath the seat in front. He sat with his feet on the case for the short duration of the flight (in an apparent exit row)and his space became even more restricted as the passenger in front reclined his seat - yes, even for a twenty minute flight - which was left in the recline position during landing.

As a data point, a passenger sat opposite did manage to fit a Rimowa (looked like a Salsa) into the overhead lengthways.

You wouldn't want to be on that aircraft for any prolonged period of time - thankfully, twenty minutes or so is bearable.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by SummerHols
Not book a hotel yet. Considering the Park Inn by Radisson
I can't comment on the family rooms, but I'll be staying at the Park Inn in April, so can report back on it generally if that would be helpful.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by squawk
I can't comment on the family rooms, but I'll be staying at the Park Inn in April, so can report back on it generally if that would be helpful.
That would be very helpful. Thank you again.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
staying at the Park Inn in April
I've stayed at the Park Inn Meriton both times I've been (there is another). The Meriton is a bit out of it but a fairly short walk to the Old Town, hotel itself is perfectly acceptable for the price IMHO.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:21 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this (unless there has and I have just missed it), but the introduction of Club Europe on domestic fares seems to make a weekend in Tallinn even more attractive for those of us who are connecting from the UK regions - as it will, I assume, earn more Tier Points for the domestic legs (40 vs 20).

This was formerly ~£330 from somewhere like NCL as I + I + Y, accruing 240 TP return; now it will get 280 TP for about the same price. Certainly it strikes me that the marginal cost of an extra £60 for 70 extra TP is worth it over an O + I + Y (~£270-280) for 210 TP return.

Or am I completely missing something?
Well you'll miss out on the AY A350 and have to slum it in the T5 lounges (I think) rather than the T3 CX lounge.

My LHR-HEL last week ended up delayed so there was no time to go to any lounge before the TLL flight, though I have been to both Schengen and non-Schengen before. I seem to be a minority in finding AY's home base non-Schengen lounge rather poor (even the Premium side) that with sufficient time on a LHR-Asia connection I will enter Schengen just to use the Schengen lounge (which is still rather poor).

I stayed at the Hilton in TLL and really enjoyed it although last week's Hilton devaluation means that the excellent price of 12000 points + 45 euros will never be available again. Also I was interested to discover that it was possible to walk from the airport to the Hilton (took about 35 minutes - but bring gloves and something to cover your head if going before April); public transport and taxis are also very cheap.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Also I was interested to discover that it was possible to walk from the airport to the Hilton (took about 35 minutes - but bring gloves and something to cover your head if going before April.
I have to admit, walking to and from the airport is a real joy. If you're HBO in SAN you can have a nice 30 minute walk along the boardwalk to the airport, also helps that Cali weather is usually on point too.

It's not possible in most places but it's good to know I can add TLL to the list.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Well you'll miss out on the AY A350 and have to slum it in the T5 lounges (I think) rather than the T3 CX lounge.

Why would you miss out on T3? squawk is talking about doing DOM-LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR-DOM so still using T3.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by SummerHols
Dear Squawk and BrianWBrazil,

Thanks both - that's put my mind at ease.

Not book a hotel yet. Considering the Park Inn by Radisson:

"Family Rooms
These comfortable and spacious rooms are perfect for families with children. In addition to a queen size bed and a bunk bed, a foldable sofa provides extra bedding.

Approximate size: 30 m2
Maximum number of guests: 2 adults and 2 children, plus 2 extra persons (for an additional fee)"

Sorry, this is the only picture I have . You can see the third bed though. We stayed in a superior room, so you have an idea of the size of the room.

It's a good price value and close to the city centre.

Please not that the access to Narva mantee is currently blocked due to constructions, so to head to the city you have to head west in the alley that leads to Hobujaama:

Last edited by florens; Mar 8, 2017 at 12:05 am
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: BA
Seating on flight to TLL

I know that its only a very short flight to TLL, but for those who have done it, is it worthwhile booking the exit rows at the back. It seems to be boarding by bus, so is that boarding both by front and back steps.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by rowpott
I know that its only a very short flight to TLL, but for those who have done it, is it worthwhile booking the exit rows at the back. It seems to be boarding by bus, so is that boarding both by front and back steps.
Back steps, there is only a cargo door and an emergency exit hatch in the front.

There is a great wiki in this thread with FAQ.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Got my first TLL run tomorrow - got a 5 hour layover in HEL - can we use the premium longue and sauna, and access the duty free etc?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teledude
Got my first TLL run tomorrow - got a 5 hour layover in HEL - can we use the premium longue and sauna, and access the duty free etc?
Yes when arriving from LHR you will arrive in the non-schengen area where the premium lounge is near gate 36. You can use the premium lounge if you are a GCH/OWE, and then later on make your way through passport control in to the schengen area for your HEL-TLL flight.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I am going to try and get some figures for this later but with the new changes being introduced on Domestic does anyone know what happens with the Flybe bookings? I managed to get a EDI - Stornaway - GLA - LHR - HEL - TLL r/t for a good price, Given the CE changes what will the flybe flight book into any ideas? Wonder if it will be I with 40tps? even though there is no CE Cabin?

I should probably check first but not had a chance yet if anyone knows and wants to save me checking do tell lol
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I am going to try and get some figures for this later but with the new changes being introduced on Domestic does anyone know what happens with the Flybe bookings? I managed to get a EDI - Stornaway - GLA - LHR - HEL - TLL r/t for a good price, Given the CE changes what will the flybe flight book into any ideas? Wonder if it will be I with 40tps? even though there is no CE Cabin?

I should probably check first but not had a chance yet if anyone knows and wants to save me checking do tell lol
My guess is that you'll get 40 TP in the J/C/D/R/I buckets on those flights even though they map to a Y cabin.

I don't think anyone will remember to differentiate the Loganair codeshares.

And if they were to differentiate them, the "correct" way to do it would be to remove the J/C/D/R/I buckets and simply book passengers into Y.

On the service between NQY and LGW, premium bookings go into Y or B.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Calchas
My guess is that you'll get 40 TP in the J/C/D/R/I buckets on those flights even though they map to a Y cabin.

I don't think anyone will remember to differentiate the Loganair codeshares.

And if they were to differentiate them, the "correct" way to do it would be to remove the J/C/D/R/I buckets and simply book passengers into Y.

On the service between NQY and LGW, premium bookings go into Y or B.
Very interesting this could work out quite well but the requirement for an additional overnight might screw that up a little for Tp value

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.