Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Our sixth trip to TLL to the Hilton. Never charged much more than 5 Euro. You must look very rich !
There are some taxis in TLL that dont play ball so to say this has been a issue for a long time. That said MOST taxis in TLL I vave found to be reliable especially Tulika and Tallink brand. There was a article about the Tallin Taxi mafia recebtly but on my mobile in. tallinn right now so unable to link to it
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:17 am

I can confirm that the 3 nested itinerary is entirely feasible (despite some on here saying that a B2B at LHR T3 should be avoided )

Friday
BA6032 / AY832 : LHR 1020 HEL 1515 (1)
BA6013 / AY113 : HEL 1625 TLL 1700 (1)

Saturday
BA6048 / AY118 :TLL 0610 HEL 0640 (2)
BA6031 / AY831 : HEL 0800 LHR 0910 (2)
BA6034 / AY834 : LHR 1805 HEL 2300 (3)
BA6017 / AY117 : HEL 2345 TLL 0020 (3)

Sunday
BA6048 / AY118 : TLL 0610 HEL 0640 (1)
BA6031 / AY831 : HEL 0800 LHR 0910 (1)
BA6032 / AY832 : LHR 1020 HEL 1515 (2)
BA6013 / AY113 : HEL 1625 TLL 1700 (2)
BA6044 / AY114 : TLL 1725 HEL 1800 (3)
BA6035 / AY3125 : HEL 1930 LHR 2040 (3)
Now to wait for it all to credit to my AA account...

All went well flight wise, but there was a complete and utter SNAFU where I was boarded on Friday using my Saturday ticket for LHR-HEL, hence I actually did not then have a valid ticket for Saturday's LHR-HEL. Of course, BA Delhi call centre just could not understand even after 1hr 45mins of explanation (it took 5 agents to actually sort-of understand what was going on), until I got through to a stunningly brilliant London based BA Holidays Duty Office representative (24hr support line) who got the problem, amended my tickets, reissued them, called me back in about 15 mins. Well done sent instantly, and their number duly saved in my phone ^
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Well done on doing a B2B at T3! Not a lot of time to spare I assume.

Did you stay at the airport at TLL or get a hotel - doesn't sound like it would be worth it.

Wouldn't mind doing a nested trip myself, just not sure I would be brave enough on my own!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Well done on doing a B2B at T3! Not a lot of time to spare I assume.

Did you stay at the airport at TLL or get a hotel - doesn't sound like it would be worth it.

Wouldn't mind doing a nested trip myself, just not sure I would be brave enough on my own!
I actually did 2 B2Bs The Saturday one was a bit rushed - we arrived/departed from gate 40, so those that know T3 know that this is the furthest to and from FCC, so I had a gentle jog just to make sure I made it, and I wanted to make sure I could get BPs (based on my ticketing SNAFU the day before). The Sunday one was easy - gate 1 arrival, and even 15 mins in the fantastic CX F lounge for a drink ^

I stayed in a hotel in Tallinn - arriving at 17:00 local means that you actually have quite a bit of time in the city until the 06:05 the following day, plus I have a very good friend who lives in Tallinn who I caught up with.

To be fair, if you are light of foot, it really is easy.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I am on my fourth and last run in Tallinn. I chose to do two nested trips on two separate weekends to keep the peace at home as well

Two back to back trips is a bit rough especially if you arrive in Tallinn at 0020 and depart back at 0605! its doable for sure but for a old guy like me (40 ) it was not that FUN on that run my flight was actually late over a hour into TLL so along with daylight savings time change I got to sleep a few hours in the TLL pods.

unlike others I chose to stay at the PARK INN brands on my runs as the price was CHEAP as can be and to maximize the points earned as the CC promos were very lucrative.

all and all this was a crazy cheap run and I was happy with the end result over half way to Gold two months into my year and Gold renewed by June is great for me and will allow me to concentrate on my AA status for the rest of the year as well as my star alliance.

if anyone is also on this run today feel free to send off a message here I am
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
At Hilton Tallinn since last night ... great hotel, great city. Taxi from outside arrivals was around 6 Euros. Originally had a 5 hour transit in HEL to TLL, Finnair Transfer Desk were fantastic and got me on to the earlier flight departing in 20 minutes. No fuss.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
At Hilton Tallinn since last night ... great hotel, great city. Taxi from outside arrivals was around 6 Euros. Originally had a 5 hour transit in HEL to TLL, Finnair Transfer Desk were fantastic and got me on to the earlier flight departing in 20 minutes. No fuss.
Do you mind me asking if you booked your ticket with Finnair? My partner tried to move to an earlier flight at the Finnair desk in TLL but was told they couldn't help as her ticket was issued by BA (it was 125 stock). Just wondering if this was correct.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Do you mind me asking if you booked your ticket with Finnair? My partner tried to move to an earlier flight at the Finnair desk in TLL but was told they couldn't help as her ticket was issued by BA (it was 125 stock). Just wondering if this was correct.
I booked the ticket on BA website with BA codeshare flight numbers (so i assume its 125 stock). Finnair was quoting higher than the 232 GBP on BA in J.

I was at the HEL transfer desk ... Maybe at TLL ... to get on earlier flight would have required both the TLL-HEL and HEL-LHR legs to be changed.

Watching the sun setting over Tallinn from Hilton Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
My wife and I just enjoyed another TLL overnight trip and once again staying at the Hilton Tallinn.

Flights were pretty much on time and the outbound AY flight from LHR was almost empty in Business so we had great service.

As usual got a one room suite upgrade at the Hilton which was great.

Ate in Tallinn at the Hell Hunt - probably not the best examples of Estonian food but great selection of beers.

Our HEL-TLL BPs didn't have FF numbers. We asked at the gate at HEL but were told FF numbers were on booking. Just to be sure we collected our BPs at TLL and got FF numbers added to first leg as they were not showing.

I will post a mini, mainly photo TR later.

Next TLL trip will be for 3 nights so will give us a chance to do more exploring and will be on A350
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
All 4 of my BPs had my FF number on. I like how Finnair print the lounge location on the BPs. Don't like HEL airport though, a long corridor of shops with people getting in the way all along it.

Fast track at TLL wasn't really necessary but saves walking around some tensa barriers.

The Hilton is nice, though I'm not going to eat a welcome gift that been sitting around for a few hours in a warm room and the bread has gone a bit stale. Deliver it when I arrive or have something wrapped up.

Surprised to see so many BA Gold bag tags on display. Must have been quite a few others without tags so they do seem quite popular these weekends away.

Next TLL flight isn't till November when my new BA year starts.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:35 am

At Tallinn this weekend. Yesterday flight from Helsinki to Tallinn departed on time to circle few times and 1h30 return to Helsinki. That was fun.

Wondering if I will get tier points for the that flight as well and if it will count as a return trip since it reached Tallinn airspace ehehehe

Last edited by bruno-s; Apr 30, 2017 at 9:03 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Guys, it is Tallinn. Can't believe how many times Tallinn has been misspelt.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
For the first time we had problems with last weeks posting. The flights were booked through ba.com but neither the HEL-TLL or TLL-HEL flights posted.

I have made the claims for the Avios and TP's and we have the printed BP's just in case. The ticket number brings up these flights so wonder why all of a sudden the points are not automatically posting? The message from BA is that the claim can take up to 8 weeks!!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I received the missing 2 x 20 tier points within 24 hours IIRC after submitting the online claim.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Took me a few weeks and lots of Tweeting and messaging on here but eventually got my missing TPs - sadly the online system didn't work either, BA couldn't seem to see the TLL leg had been flown despite it being clear on AY's system. BP for TLL leg had no FF number on it either, yet LHR-HEL (and vv) legs did, despite all being one booking with BAEC number added!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.