FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

nobbyclark Apr 24, 2017 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 28195040)
The J cabin on the mid- hauls A321's are fixed cabins with the J seats converting to lie flat beds. Not sure about Y pax being able to choose them but doubt it unless An OpUp was given.

S

Can confirm this. Was on one of these planes for the first time ever yesterday afternoon to EDI and was not allowed to select any of the posh seats. Looked very swish though.

JustTheOne Apr 25, 2017 1:55 am

Originally Posted by JoshBosh (Post 28220074)
I've got booked a domestic in CE later in the year. It falls into the lunch bracket as it is a 12:30 departure. There is no option to select a special meal, as when i attempt to do so, it states 'No meal available'. There are special meals on the connecting HKG flight though.
Is this just because of the short duration (INV-LHR), because it is an A319, or is there no choice of a special meal at this meal time?

I will note that from LHR on the return leg, there isn't one either, but this is at 'brunch', although i've always got a special meal at afternoon tea to avoid the finger sandwiches.

Thanks!

The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...

Littlegirl Apr 27, 2017 10:02 am

Originally Posted by JustTheOne (Post 28226373)
The ability to order a special meal on CE domestics is greyed out in MMB, but it appears to follow the special meal preference in your profile, which will be (/should be) applied in the background to your CE domestic booking. I reported testing this theory here in the Club Europe Catering Guide thread.

It sounds like you may want to have a meal from the regular menu on your long haul, but a special meal on your short hauls - in this case, I believe you'd need to change your overall profile preference to whatever meal you want on the CE domestic sector, and then go to MMB and over-ride that choice to "Standard meal - choose on board" on your long haul sector(s). Otherwise, if you already have a SPML preference in your profile, this has (probably!) already been applied to your CE domestic sector...

This glitch is being fixed.

JustTheOne Apr 27, 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl (Post 28236734)

Good to know - thank you for the update, Littlegirl!

florens Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl (Post 28236734)

MMB now shows 'no meal available' on my upcoming domestic CE flights. :D

Tobias-UK Apr 28, 2017 8:17 am

I've posted a short review of the MAN/LBA Breakfast here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28240655

aks120 Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am

I just had a very nice surprise and one I had never thought about. I was a bit miffed to be in 17A on my usual commute up to EDI this evening but a HBO fare is what it is so all good.

However I got the 'magic beep' on boarding and was moved to 1C! I never thought about this perk when they introduced Club Europe on domestics!

A nice surprise as mainly mainly it moves me to a quick getaway spot when we land at Edinburgh!!

aks120

desti May 11, 2017 7:41 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 28153453)
Just a query - looking to book BA1474 LHR-GLA on Sunday and it is showing as A321 mid haul. If there is only a row or two of CE, will the curtain move allowing Y passengers to book into the J seats, or is it fixed and these seats will remain empty?

Thanks !

I'm gutted, they changed my BA1474 tomorrow morning from A321 mid haul with lie-flats to A320 with only 5 rows of CW :'(

madfish Jun 3, 2017 4:17 pm

Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus £7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted £35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?

KARFA Jun 3, 2017 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 28398608)
Travelling next month on MAN/LHR/DUB. Booked in September before the change so the domestic is in Y with the LHR/DUB in CE. I would like to upgrade the domestic flight and there is CE availability on the outbound. Tried calling and was quoted 4,500 avios plus £7.50 per person. Fare enough as this is the difference between the two flights. However, they also wanted £35 per person change fee. Tried to argue this was unfair as no CE cabin when booked but they insisted on the change fee. Anybody any luck with getting BA to waive the change fee in this sort of instance? Is it a case of HUACA or will they stick to this as a change?

was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?

madfish Jun 3, 2017 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28398699)
was the original booking a revenue or reward booking?

Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.

KARFA Jun 4, 2017 4:15 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 28399601)
Reward booking. Should have said as this will make a difference between changes to existing booking and UuA.

Ah ok. Then yes that is correct, change fee is chargeable. You are doing a change to the reward booking.

For a UuA there is no change fee so had this been a revenue booking and upgraded with avios you would have just paid the extra avios from ET to CE and the extra £7.50 (the difference between the RFS fee for CE and ET). However, when changing a reward booking from one class ot another that is not a UuA, it is just a change and you have to pay the change fee as well.

eugeniod1995 Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help :)

KARFA Jun 21, 2017 10:04 am

Originally Posted by eugeniod1995 (Post 28470004)
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help :)

Welcome to FT.

At LHR when connecting you will go through passport control but there is no fast track for passport control anyway. You can either use the e-passport gates and go landside, go up to the check in floor, and then use north or south security to enter airside, or you can follow the signs for connections and go through passport control that way/

The answer you were given is correct, at T5 you will not have access to fast track security or fast track boarding, and you will not have access to the lounge. Had you been in CE for your LHR-EDI flight you would have had fast track and lounge access.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm

And I also need to greet you eugeniod1995, and welcome you to the BA forum here on Flyertalk.

I agree with KARFA on his suggestions, but I'll add a few of my own. If you see availability come up on BAEC by doing a dummy booking, you can of course cancel your IB+ redemption for a small fee (and get your Avios back) and take the BAEC redemption. You won't be offered a Pro Active upgrade (POUG) if it's an Iberia ticket, but you are able pay for a cash upgrade to CE - if there is availability - on the day of travel. This can be done at MUC airport or more easily when you get to LHR. Just go to the Customer Service desk on the far left wall of the UK Border + Flight Connection hall. It will cost between £64 and £71.