FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

Skipcool3 Apr 2, 2017 1:34 pm

Excellent feed back Wythy thanks for posting.

psollitt Apr 2, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 28119820)
Surely it will be exactly the same as any European flight?

If that is the case I guess then the chances of food being loaded for the upgraded party to be slim to none of it is not at LHR .

KARFA Apr 2, 2017 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28106873)
For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is £406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way...

Damn right it has fans. I find it very convenient. Have done home to gate in just under 30 minutes before ;)

BLHD Apr 2, 2017 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28119926)
Damn right it has fans. I find it very convenient. Have done home to gate in just under 30 minutes before ;)

40 Minutes including a bag here! :D

scottishpoet Apr 2, 2017 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by psollitt (Post 28119911)
If that is the case I guess then the chances of food being loaded for the upgraded party to be slim to none of it is not at LHR .

I have been upgraded at the gate at KRK to CE and there has been enough catering

Why would it be any different on a domestic?

IAMORGAN Apr 2, 2017 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28120177)
I have been upgraded at the gate at KRK to CE and there has been enough catering

Why would it be any different on a domestic?

The point I think is simply that BA don't over cater. So there is no 'spare' catering to cover upgrades. Flights are return catered (i.e. loaded in London) so if upgrades / bookings are last minute no time to get top up catering and BA won't load catering down-route. So the risk is if everyone accepts the meal there won't be any spare for the upgrades.

Calchas Apr 2, 2017 3:57 pm

These upgrades should be known well in advance though; this should not be a surprise for the caterers.

scottishpoet Apr 2, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 28120284)
The point I think is simply that BA don't over cater. So there is no 'spare' catering to cover upgrades. Flights are return catered (i.e. loaded in London) so if upgrades / bookings are last minute no time to get top up catering and BA won't load catering down-route. So the risk is if everyone accepts the meal there won't be any spare for the upgrades.

which is exactly the same for Krakow and other CE destinations

its 2 and a half hours from London to Krakow, its an hour and 15 minutes from London to Glasgow, so they have more time to know what the upgrades will be.

if they make this work everywhere else on SH they can make it work on UK Domestic.

I am sure they have a strong understanding of which flights are likely to require some upgrades and therefore be catered appropriately before the aircraft leaves London

BahrainLad Apr 2, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28120407)
which is exactly the same for Krakow and other CE destinations

its 2 and a half hours from London to Krakow, its an hour and 15 minutes from London to Glasgow, so they have more time to know what the upgrades will be.

if they make this work everywhere else on SH they can make it work on UK Domestic.

I am sure they have a strong understanding of which flights are likely to require some upgrades and therefore be catered appropriately before the aircraft leaves London

You really think BA have the operational expertise and management desire to uplift additional business class catering to provide for potential upgrades from a BoB cabin on a return flight within a 90-120 minute deadline? Is this some sort of joke?

mrvincent Apr 2, 2017 4:41 pm

Front cabin of 767 on EDI-LHR this morning was full with CE pax. Return on A320 had 4 rows of CE.

scottishpoet Apr 2, 2017 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by BahrainLad (Post 28120483)
You really think BA have the operational expertise and management desire to uplift additional business class catering to provide for potential upgrades from a BoB cabin on a return flight within a 90-120 minute deadline? Is this some sort of joke?

well they appear to do it today on flights across Europe, why do you think its not a problem across the rest of SH but will be a problem on UK Domestic?

IAMORGAN Apr 2, 2017 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28120513)
well they appear to do it today on flights across Europe, why do you think its not a problem across the rest of SH but will be a problem on UK Domestic?

They don't always do it on European flights. Even when you're a 'late' Club Europe booking (IE not an upgrade). Just because you got a meal out of Krakow doesn't mean that'll always be the case. In practice, not everyone will accept a meal so it's not likely they will run out but don't automatically expect it'll always get sorted. :-)

Tobias-UK Apr 3, 2017 1:34 am

Having flown two CE domestic sectors MAN-LHR-MAN on 1 April 2017 (Review here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28118545) I can confirm that I was awarded 40 TPs for each sector, as expected.

scottishpoet Apr 3, 2017 5:14 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 28121440)
They don't always do it on European flights. Even when you're a 'late' Club Europe booking (IE not an upgrade). Just because you got a meal out of Krakow doesn't mean that'll always be the case. In practice, not everyone will accept a meal so it's not likely they will run out but don't automatically expect it'll always get sorted. :-)

All I am saying is it want be any different on a UK domestic if they upgrade people than it will be on any other SH European. This happens every day and has done for years

MickV Apr 3, 2017 5:41 am

I was on the first flight to Belfast on Saturday morning.
Bus to plane so obviously priority boarding such as it is went out the window.
Three rows all full.
Service was excellent. Relatively quick.
Curtains pulled.
Two drink services.
Decent breakfast.

As impressed on a BA short haul flight as I have been in a very long time.