FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

smokie36 Mar 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Well I just checked out a GLA-LHR for July and they are kindly offering to fly me with no middle seat and a premium meal served for the princely sum of £361 one way.

It does say no wifi, no entertainment, no power points.

No mention of a smile from the cabin crew but I certainly had one reading this.

You will find me over on the Easyjet page checking out prices, or perhaps in a sandwich shop before boarding my plane.

Tobias-UK Mar 29, 2017 12:59 am

Originally Posted by smokie36 (Post 28100382)
Well I just checked out a GLA-LHR for July and they are kindly offering to fly me with no middle seat and a premium meal served for the princely sum of £361 one way.

You will find me over on the Easyjet page checking out prices, or perhaps in a sandwich shop before boarding my plane.

You'll find a round trip fare is lower than a one way fare. What was the lowest ET fare?

smokie36 Mar 29, 2017 1:28 am

Yes you are correct Tobias.

Return is £227 or £78 in economy.

Certainly more realistic.

Calchas Mar 30, 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by smokie36 (Post 28100382)

EasyJet does blocked middle seats now?

golfmad Mar 30, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 28106169)
EasyJet does blocked middle seats now?

I believe smokie36 was referring to CE on BA.

hugolover Mar 30, 2017 9:26 am

It's a pity Domestic Club has not resulted in competitive fares:

KRK/WAW-MAN/EDI is a standard £300-350 return on LH group. Best product probably being OS to MAN.
BA is around £450-600 with £550 being most common. If BA can get away with these fares then fine, doesn't explain the fare/Avios dumping on so many markets though! 48,000 Avios return is unbearable.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 30, 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 28106684)
It's a pity Domestic Club has not resulted in competitive fares:

KRK/WAW-MAN/EDI is a standard £300-350 return on LH group. Best product probably being OS to MAN.
BA is around £450-600 with £550 being most common. If BA can get away with these fares then fine, doesn't explain the fare/Avios dumping on so many markets though! 48,000 Avios return is unbearable.

For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is £406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way, and still not good value set alongside £314 for OS KRK-MAN. GLA is £400. Which poses the question why is BA cheaper on non competitive routes?! KRK routes have been offered to corporates at good prices or with low minimum targets. May need a while for this to bed in perhaps.

smokie36 Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 28106200)

I was indeed. Sorry for any confusion!

Calchas Mar 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 28106200)

Yes but in comparison to an EasyJet price. :)

You have to compare apples with apples.

All of these providers fail miserably in comparison to the Megabus which prices Glasgow to London at £15. I think they even chuck in wifi.

Calum Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 28108375)

All of these providers fail miserably in comparison to the Megabus which prices Glasgow to London at £15. I think they even chuck in wifi.

I've flown GLA-LGW for £9.99 on EZJ... no wifi but it's only an hour, I think I can live without it.

hungry Mar 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28106873)
For some strange reason, KRK-LBA is £406 on BA / IB in business. Now LBA has its fans but still it's out of the way, and still not good value set alongside £314 for OS KRK-MAN. GLA is £400. Which poses the question why is BA cheaper on non competitive routes?! KRK routes have been offered to corporates at good prices or with low minimum targets. May need a while for this to bed in perhaps.

Does KRK offer a lounge yet? Going there in April

smokie36 Mar 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 28108375)

Apples with apples indeed.

Its 20 years since I did the EDI-LON run regularly stopping at Charnock services on the way.

Good times but I suspect my bones might creak a bit getting off nowadays!

Not to mention the crazy drinking sessions on those buses....worse than a BA lounge!

jazzyjeff Mar 31, 2017 1:01 pm

The correct Club Europe 40 tier points are now showing for domestic routes if you click on Manage My Booking.

The Avios Flight Calculator doesn't appear to have been updated yet however.

scottishpoet Mar 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by hungry (Post 28109526)
Does KRK offer a lounge yet? Going there in April

​​​​​​There are 2 lounges in KRK but BA refuses to use them. The are available on priority pass or you can pay to access them

mrvincent Mar 31, 2017 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by jazzyjeff (Post 28112312)
The correct Club Europe 40 tier points are now showing for domestic routes if you click on Manage My Booking.

The Avios Flight Calculator doesn't appear to have been updated yet however.

Just checked mine (EDI-LHR-EDI on Sunday) and showing 80TPs. Delighted to have it confirmed as I'm 75 away from Gold, so this was a domestic TP run.