FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

Skipcool3 Apr 3, 17 5:48 am

Good to hear MickV

zippyboarder Apr 3, 17 7:27 am

Just off the phone to BAEC as I have a Y domestic coming up. They tell me that Y class only gets upgraded to Club Europe Domestic if it was booked before 28/02.

Mine was booked on 15/03 through TA.

Frustrating

layz Apr 3, 17 7:44 am

Originally Posted by zippyboarder (Post 28122565)
Just off the phone to BAEC as I have a Y domestic coming up. They tell me that Y class only gets upgraded to Club Europe Domestic if it was booked before 28/02.

Mine was booked on 15/03 through TA.

Frustrating

That's because when you booked it Club Europe tickets were already on sale so you were purposely buying an economy fare.

People who booked a so-called 'Business UK' fare would have it booked under Y or J and were entitled to lounge access, it was marketed as a business fare and came with business class ground product (check-in, fast track, lounge) but economy on-board. It made sense that these were moved up to CE as these passengers would have been the most likely to book CE if it had been available at the time of booking and it meant they'd also get the advertised ground benefits.

Schiehallion Apr 3, 17 12:47 pm

I have an F redemption booking (to SYD, which made use of a joker and a GUF) which includes a domestic connection on the return leg; at present this hop is in Economy and I note the wiki post says it 'may' be possible to change this to Club Europe.

Is there any logic around why it may or may not be possible to have the flights changed?

scottishpoet Apr 3, 17 2:49 pm

was your flight booked before CE was available?

If so there is an argument your flight would have been booked in CE had it been available, especially if you were booked into what was Business UK.

Schiehallion Apr 3, 17 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28124639)
was your flight booked before CE was available?

If so there is an argument your flight would have been booked in CE had it been available, especially if you were booked into what was Business UK.

It wasn't available when I booked, albeit I speculated impending CE introduction was why rows 1-6 were blocked: this was refuted absolutely by the GGL line (clearly incorrectly).

Tobias-UK Apr 3, 17 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Schiehallion (Post 28124661)
It wasn't available when I booked, albeit I speculated impending CE introduction was why rows 1-6 were blocked: this was refuted absolutely by the GGL line (clearly incorrectly).

If you used a Joker that should also open up space in CE for your domestic connections.

Lady Northumberland Apr 3, 17 3:34 pm

May I ask a question about the CE seats on domestic flights - are they actually different seats?

KARFA Apr 3, 17 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland (Post 28124833)
May I ask a question about the CE seats on domestic flights - are they actually different seats?

No. Same seats throughout the plane, middle seat is blocked for CE. Exactly the same as short haul flights exLHR.

scottishpoet Apr 3, 17 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland (Post 28124833)

no, this brings domestic flights into the same category as the rest of shorthaul in Europe. THE CE cabin has the same seats as Economy but the middle seat blocked.

As has always been the case, a limited number of services may be operated by a mid haul A321 with business class seats, but this is very much the exception not the rule.

flyingscotsman Apr 3, 17 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28124856)
no, this brings domestic flights into the same category as the rest of shorthaul in Europe. THE CE cabin has the same seats as Economy but the middle seat blocked.

As has always been the case, a limited number of services may be operated by a mid haul A321 with business class seats, but this is very much the exception not the rule.

Just booked GLA-LHR 10.35 departure next Friday 14/4 and happy to see it's a Mid Haul 321!

On an aside, any pics of the LHR-MAN Club breakfast yet please?

Sealink Apr 3, 17 6:40 pm

Any POUGs yet?

(I assume not in the short term with the reconfiguration of fares to the new cabin)

TravellerFrequently Apr 3, 17 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 28125490)
Any POUGs yet?

(I assume not in the short term with the reconfiguration of fares to the new cabin)

I think a few have been seen and recorded in the POUG thread, c60, IIRC.

florens Apr 3, 17 11:21 pm

I saw LHR-EDI for 65.

Lady Northumberland Apr 4, 17 12:41 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 28124856)

Wi thought as much but just wanted to check.
Thank you