FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

KeaneJohn Apr 4, 2017 2:24 am

PoUG for NCL is £65 each way.

scottishpoet Apr 4, 2017 2:51 am

Originally Posted by flyingscotsman (Post 28125014)
Just booked GLA-LHR 10.35 departure next Friday 14/4 and happy to see it's a Mid Haul 321!

On an aside, any pics of the LHR-MAN Club breakfast yet please?

​​​​​​​I am on 1479 today. First time in a mid haul in God knows how many shuttle flights in the last 25+ years.

Sealink Apr 4, 2017 10:18 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 28126322)
I think a few have been seen and recorded in the POUG thread, c£60, IIRC.

I completely forgot about that thread! Thanks :)

LochAwe Apr 6, 2017 5:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28078415)
Domestic bussines selling classes have never shown 40 TP each way on the calculator or earned 40 TP. I think you may be misremembering seeing something else.

TP will change come 1 April so your mid April trip in domestic CE will earn 40 TP each way.

Actually, it did show that. I am not misremembering. But it doesn't matter now, as it's been updated (again.)

KARFA Apr 6, 2017 5:26 am

Originally Posted by LochAwe (Post 28136934)
Actually, it did show that. I am not misremembering. But it doesn't matter now, as it's been updated (again.)

Come on, you know the unwritten FT rule - if you didn't take a photo it didn't happen ;)

Anyway, I am glad it is now updated and the widely touted 40 TP for domestic CE has indeed been implemented :)

Silk Cut Apr 7, 2017 5:17 pm

Tonight's 16:55 to BHD was some sort of Ploughman's effort, complete with half a boiled egg. Perhaps the scone is reserved for "non-domestic" Club Europe?
Anyhow, I went for the Castelnou and a JD/Coke.

nobbyclark Apr 7, 2017 6:59 pm

Flew EDI-LHR on the first day of Domestic CE last Saturday. Was initially underwhelmed as flight was from Gate 23 and we were bussed to the other side of the field next to the cargo planes. We were also held for 10 minutes on the bus waiting to climb the steps.

Of the 50 CE seats (I think, in a 767; all of the middle seats in the middle section of seats were purposely empty; I had 9DEF at my disposal), 45 were occupied according to the numbers called out just before the doors shut. Wasn't even expecting to be in CE but it must have been part of my onward SFO ticket price.

I was glad to see the return of the BA full monty breakfast but service was a little slow. I got my meal as we started to descend into the holding pattern.

Was first off as I was in 9D and the crew held back the masses in row 12 and beyond.

aks120 Apr 8, 2017 6:18 am

I have an AVIOS booking for a flight WTP to Hong Kong and Club World Shanghai to Inverness.

It seems that these rebooked the domestic segment into X to Traveller, rather than the Club Europe for the domestic leg after the introduction of CE. I just queried this and was told if I wanted Club Europe I would need to pay a change fee plus the additional AVIOS.

Is this correct? - I would've thought with a Club World through ticket to Inverness, the domestic leg would book into CE even on an AVIOS ticket?

Could anyone confirm that or am I going to be disappointed :D

aks120

corporate-wage-slave Apr 8, 2017 6:33 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 28126718)
PoUG for NCL is £65 each way.

All domestic POUGs are £65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are £59, and JER which is a bit variable but in the £59 to £79 area. They seem to be very widely available.

aks120 Apr 8, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28146293)
All domestic POUGs are £65, with the exceptions of LBA and LBA, which are £59, and JER which is a bit variable but in the £59 to £79 area. They seem to be very widely available.

I have plenty of offers on all my commuting flights but when I click through it says there is an error and that the flight cannot be upgraded online? Not sure why - this happens on all my offers no matter when I booked the flight!

Anyone else get this?

aks120

gms Apr 8, 2017 6:53 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28136957)
Anyway, I am glad it is now updated and the widely touted 40 TP for domestic CE has indeed been implemented :)

Indeed. Although when this thread started I seem to recall there were a few people on here who were convinced that we would never earn 40 TPs on domestic sectors. Naming no names ;)

KARFA Apr 8, 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by gms (Post 28146338)
Indeed. Although when this thread started I seem to recall there were a few people on here who were convinced that we would never earn 40 TPs on domestic sectors. Naming no names ;)

Never, all lies!! :p

Lady Northumberland Apr 8, 2017 12:05 pm

Another question sorry - now that our domestic flight is in CE does this mean that we will have fast track at NCL? If I'm not travelling J I normally pre-purchase fast track so would be helpful to know please?
Many thanks.

HarryBA Apr 8, 2017 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28136957)
Come on, you know the unwritten FT rule - if you didn't take a photo it didn't happen ;)

So with the 40TPs confirmed for domestic CE. Will IB domestic business class be upgraded to followed. Historically they did award 40TPs but this was enhanced to 20TPs a few years ago.

Tobias-UK Apr 8, 2017 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland (Post 28147357)
Another question sorry - now that our domestic flight is in CE does this mean that we will have fast track at NCL? If I'm not travelling J I normally pre-purchase fast track so would be helpful to know please?
Many thanks.

Yes, Fast Track if in CE ^