FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

simons1 Nov 5, 16 11:22 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27440620)
Well there is an inconsistency anyway, since JER, which is and will be just about the shortest CE route, is currently on 40 TPs. But 20 TPs would seem a reasonable approach to me. If it's 40 TPs then that falls well into the "too good to be true" category, I'd be getting 240 TPs on trips like NCL-ATH return. That said, for quite a while IB codeshares on BA domestics could get 40 TPs

As Jersey isn't part of UK I don't see that as inconsistent. In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.

Tobias-UK Nov 5, 16 11:46 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 27440644)
... In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.

It is either Club Europe or it is not Club Europe. I see no reason to tweak TPs, they should be consistent across all markets.

kanderson1965 Nov 5, 16 11:50 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 27440644)
As Jersey isn't part of UK I don't see that as inconsistent. In fact I don't see any reason why a separate tier of TPs could exist for UK domestic destinations.

As this is a new class of service for domestics, BA have a completely free hand in setting the TP level and so past practice cannot be relied on. I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.

FWIW it may well be the case they will allocate 40 TP for full flex J and 20TP for lower fare classes with only J/F connections booking into domestic club.

Neilgcal Nov 5, 16 11:56 am

When does anyone think Club Europe will be introduced on UK services? From 11 January - the same day as BOB so as to keep similar service for business and first customers as they currently receive on domestic flights??

Also do you think customers booked with connections from domestic points will automatically be rebooked into Club Europe on the domestic flight rather than economy?

I have a few flight in Jan, Feb and March which are J domestic connecting onto Club Europe and would be happy I'm now getting my breakfast back and the luxury of an empty middle seat guaranteed!!

FlyingScientist Nov 5, 16 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 27440732)
if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe.

While the UK may continue to exist or not, the British Isles will remain in Europe.

DoctorCopper Nov 5, 16 12:05 pm

kanderson1965 - The UK is and will always be part of Europe. The referendum was related to leaving the EU. Doc Copper

PrimaVista Nov 5, 16 12:37 pm

I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.

What a ridiculous assertion.

The UK will always be "part of Europe."

corporate-wage-slave Nov 5, 16 12:43 pm

I think it is strange that it was branded Club Europe in the presentation because if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe, so Club UK would have been a much better designation.

Goodness, are we being towed out into the Atlantic? It's really hard to keep on top of all the news these days.

xenole Nov 5, 16 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27440900)
Goodness, are we being towed out into the Atlantic? It's really hard to keep on top of all the news these days.

Well, we are technically moving away from the mainland.....may take millions of years though to get a half decent distance ;)

smokie36 Nov 5, 16 12:54 pm

Can't we position closer to Barbados?

corporate-wage-slave Nov 5, 16 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by smokie36 (Post 27440933)
Can't we position closer to Barbados?

Nah, it'll screw up the TP runs even more. There again RFS around the Caribbean sounds interesting.

Hoch Nov 5, 16 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 27440720)
It is either Club Europe or it is not Club Europe. I see no reason to tweak TPs, they should be consistent across all markets.

Agreed. I think passengers ought to have a clear idea of what benefits they will receive without having to decipher a table.

A propos, as London based and one who rarely takes a plane within the UK, I have no strong view on this either as positive or negative.

H

Worcester Nov 5, 16 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27440900)

There is a movement pushing for this (no pun intended).

Ldnn1 Nov 5, 16 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Hoch (Post 27440963)
Agreed. I think passengers ought to have a clear idea of what benefits they will receive without having to decipher a table.

And how do you propose that passengers should get a clear idea of what they'll get, without consulting a table or calculator?!

You point seems nonsensical given that already TP earnings already vary markedly depending on route and fare class.

scottishpoet Nov 5, 16 1:26 pm

if things go to plan in just over two years the UK won't be part of Europe.

What continent will the UK become a part of?

While the UK may not be part of the European Union, I fully expect it will remain a part of Europe