Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, most airline research* concludes that premium class travel is relatively price inelastic and that fare is fairly low down the list of passengers priorities (and conversely that travel in Y is very price elastic and many passengers' primary concern).

* however flowed, in my view, in its methodology but that's another matter
A significant factor in premium fare price elasticity is who is paying for the ticket. A self funded passenger is likely to be more sensitive than an employer funded passenger.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Rubecula
A significant factor in premium fare price elasticity is who is paying for the ticket. A self funded passenger is likely to be more sensitive than an employer funded passenger.
In a way, I could imagine one making almost the opposite argument! Corporate travel is a lot more price sensitive than it used to be as well but "luxuries" are unlikely to be seen as make or break as long as people can sleep on their way to/from work travel. That said, airlines suggest price is still only a marginal element though as I said, I tend to be very sceptical of the methodology that they use as well as to notions of "this counts a lot" and "this doesn't count a lot"
Old May 31, 2018, 5:31 pm

I have it from a moderately reliable source the first 777 is in Singapore getting the new seats. Can anyone confirm?
Old May 31, 2018, 5:39 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by worldtrav
I have it from a moderately reliable source the first 777 is in Singapore getting the new seats. Can anyone confirm?
i suspect they’re getting confused with the 777 refit with the densified seats.
orbitmic and rockflyertalk like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by sxc

i suspect they’re getting confused with the 777 refit with the densified seats.
OK, thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
While understanding why some would prefer BA's forward/rear facing seats to the reverse herringbone ones on airlines CX/QR/UL etc, it is interesting to know how's the feeling towards BA's F which is more or less the same reverse herringbone.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by SLGO
While understanding why some would prefer BA's forward/rear facing seats to the reverse herringbone ones on airlines CX/QR/UL etc, it is interesting to know how's the feeling towards BA's F which is more or less the same reverse herringbone.
...only with 30% more space, no foot coffin, no plastic wall in front of your face and (in the cirrus case) no annoying offset armrest.

Dont get get me wrong, I like the cirrus seat (would take it on a day flight vs CW, the comparison with BA F doesn’t really go beyond the layout
ukgooner and PJSMITH0 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
I just realised that when I open threads it lands on the original post no.1 and as I did so for this thread, the original post was 2 years ago as of the 4th June. Still no sign of a seat...

We should probably update the thread title
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

...only with 30% more space, no foot coffin, no plastic wall in front of your face and (in the cirrus case) no annoying offset armrest.

Dont get get me wrong, I like the cirrus seat (would take it on a day flight vs CW, the comparison with BA F doesn’t really go beyond the layout
Thanks for the idea as I don’t have to chance to fly BA CW or even F. It’s interesting to see comments on these while comparing my experiences on the reverse herringbone seats. So BA F should still be a step up to reverse herringbone J in other airlines given the extra space.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:10 pm

I see this thread has gone a bit cold over the last couple of months. BA must be keeping a tight lid on what the new CW seat is going to be like.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Contrast
I see this thread has gone a bit cold over the last couple of months. BA must be keeping a tight lid on what the new CW seat is going to be like.
I was just thinking this when looking at the A350 delivery schedule. Apparently, Q1 2019 now is looking increasingly likely for the first A350. So slightly behind schedule. But with T-5/6 months, and no details forthcoming, I do wonder if we are really going to see it on the A350 or not.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
I hope or imagine they would get passed this quiet season (August/early sept) and announce something come Oct/Nov ready for April (Spring) launch. But that’s my own thinking, as wishful as it may be. There’s certainly a lot of hope amongst FT that we see something worth it’s wait!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I mentioned this in the ‘Ask the Staffer’ thread alongside a few other Galley FM points, but it probably makes sense to post the two bits I’ve heard about the new CW on here:

1) One crew member has said they were informed BA is essentially lifting the current Iberia J Seat and apart from a few changes, that is what we’ll essentially see as the new CW.
2) Once it’s rolled out on the A380’s - First will move upstairs to the upper deck.

All just Galley FM stories, but always worth stoking debate.

Pilot37
teledude likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
2) Once it’s rolled out on the A380’s - First will move upstairs to the upper deck.
I'd approve of this, not least because F could then use the good loos!
DrGee, teledude and frandrake like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
I mentioned this in the ‘Ask the Staffer’ thread alongside a few other Galley FM points, but it probably makes sense to post the two bits I’ve heard about the new CW on here:

1) One crew member has said they were informed BA is essentially lifting the current Iberia J Seat and apart from a few changes, that is what we’ll essentially see as the new CW.

All just Galley FM stories, but always worth stoking debate.

Pilot37
So all this just for a seat that’s off the shelf? I thought the reason for the delay was that BA would either come up with its own proprietary design (so expensive and unlikely under current management) or a very bespoke variation of a standard design. There’s reasonably little you can do with the IB design in my opinion and it’ll continue to trail the competition with Vantage XL or the Cirrus seat in terms of privacy et al. The IB design still gives your footwell. I can only hope I’m wrong but I see why BA so strongly oppose the third runway. Pile ‘em high!

Last edited by dodgeflyer; Aug 21, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.