Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes really, now go back to sleep.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC
My fingers and legs are crossed for something more 'QSuites', than IB J...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
My fingers and legs are crossed for something more 'QSuites', than IB J...
No chance. AC has confirmed it will be an off the shelf product than anything new and groundbreaking.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I recall a few years ago IAG were emphasising the desire to "standardise" their aircraft configurations. No doubt taking the IB J product and rolling this out across the other airlines would achieve this aim. Even if it's not "as good as other" J products out there, when you operate from Fortress Heathrow it doesn't really matter provided it's "good enough"
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by icegirl
No chance. AC has confirmed it will be an off the shelf product than anything new and groundbreaking.
Do you recall where you read this? I know there has been quite a bit of chatter I may have missed this one.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by JimEddie
I recall a few years ago IAG were emphasising the desire to "standardise" their aircraft configurations. No doubt taking the IB J product and rolling this out across the other airlines would achieve this aim. Even if it's not "as good as other" J products out there, when you operate from Fortress Heathrow it doesn't really matter provided it's "good enough"
The A320NEOS have spanish signage and I believe Iberias will have pinnacle and recaro seats in the same config as BA’s.

I imagine Aer Lingus will go the same way when they get their short haul replacements, although they don’t do shorthaul Business class.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Pilot37
I mentioned this in the ‘Ask the Staffer’ thread alongside a few other Galley FM points, but it probably makes sense to post the two bits I’ve heard about the new CW on here:

1) One crew member has said they were informed BA is essentially lifting the current Iberia J Seat and apart from a few changes, that is what we’ll essentially see as the new CW.
2) Once it’s rolled out on the A380’s - First will move upstairs to the upper deck.

All just Galley FM stories, but always worth stoking debate.

Pilot37
As you say, Galley FM. This is very much just speculation and not true, at least in relation to the seat. Only thing confirmed is that it will offer all aisle access. My guess is that it will at least be early next year before we get anything confirmed.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
The A320NEOS have spanish signage and I believe Iberias will have pinnacle and recaro seats in the same config as BA’s.
The have already done this to some of their jets, though for some reason it's not as many rows of Pinnacles as BA, so the configuration is different between the fleets. This is a photo (taken in April 2018) from row 8, row 7 is the first Recaro, row 6 the last Pinnacle. On BA it is 12 rows of Pnnacles on A320 NEOs, and 14 on A321 NEOs.

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Can I help you

I think it will be the name of our new uniform designer.
M&S, to go with the Y food?!
choosethedrew and Calum like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Prospero
Do you recall where you read this? I know there has been quite a bit of chatter I may have missed this one.
Now you are asking . I don't have the exact source but it was certainly in the last year or so and it was an article online. One thing is for sure BA have dumped Tangerine an outsourcer led by Martin Derbyshire who used to be in charge of seats due to costs.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
I mentioned this in the ‘Ask the Staffer’ thread alongside a few other Galley FM points, but it probably makes sense to post the two bits I’ve heard about the new CW on here:

1) One crew member has said they were informed BA is essentially lifting the current Iberia J Seat and apart from a few changes, that is what we’ll essentially see as the new CW.
2) Once it’s rolled out on the A380’s - First will move upstairs to the upper deck.

All just Galley FM stories, but always worth stoking debate.

Pilot37
Neither of these two rumours are true, as far as I know. The supplier is not going to be Sogerma, but indeed comes from the other side of the pond. And, as far as I'm aware, the 380 design hasn't been signed off yet.

This is my opinion and not BA's.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by icegirl
QR selling them the seat would just about qualify for off-the-shelf I suppose...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
"Off the shelf" (I would assume, given that I don't have the source of the quote) refers to the fact that there won't be an all-new propriety design. A modified version of an existing product, without being too specific, is what we'll see.

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

QR selling them the seat would just about qualify for off-the-shelf I suppose...
Indeed it could.
MFCC likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hemschmall

Indeed it could.
I suspect this is unlikely though.
icegirl likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 13900
Neither of these two rumours are true, as far as I know. The supplier is not going to be Sogerma, but indeed comes from the other side of the pond.
If true, then it rules out Thompson Vantage (XL) also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.