Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Petrus
Row 1 hopefully blocked for Golds, as that foot well is three times the size.
Only on the 787s, doesn't apply to the A350s or A380s, sadly.

Agree that AY's A350 layout is relatively poor and somewhat uncomfortable if you're tall - if BA took all this to come up with that as the eventual conclusion that would be utterly pathetic.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Only on the 787s, doesn't apply to the A350s or A380s, sadly.

Agree that AY's A350 layout is relatively poor and somewhat uncomfortable if you're tall - if BA took all this to come up with that as the eventual conclusion that would be utterly pathetic.
I've only flown the J QR version on the 350, and 1K had a massive foot-well. So it's both
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Petrus
I've only flown the J QR version on the 350, and 1K had a massive foot-well. So it's both
I don't remember Row 1 on the A350 having a different layout but I stand corrected if so
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
I much prefer CX's business seat to QR's. Cathay have that wrap-around at head level, meaning you get much more privacy. On QR, if you swivel your head you can see the entire cabin. On Cathay you have the perception of being in your own cocoon, even though all it is is a bit of plastic above and to the side of you that keeps you away from the dormitory feel.
Still, massive improvement over the current layout.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:35 am

Whilst this upgrade is more than welcome, the introduction it is at least 5 years too late. Probably 10.

By the time they introduce this next year, how long do we estimate it will take to be fitted on all aircraft? 10 years?

Meaning BA will have aircraft with the current CW seat, a design that would be nearly 30 years old. Shocking really.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by estate
I much prefer CX's business seat to QR's. Cathay have that wrap-around at head level, meaning you get much more privacy. On QR, if you swivel your head you can see the entire cabin. On Cathay you have the perception of being in your own cocoon, even though all it is is a bit of plastic above and to the side of you that keeps you away from the dormitory feel.
Still, massive improvement over the current layout.
It is meant to be a variation of the QR (B/E Super Diamond) seat not the exact same. A little googling on this topic suggests the next generation of Super Diamond will give options like doors and more private side walls and can be 1-1-1 at a greater angle to fit better in 787s
estate likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
Whilst this upgrade is more than welcome, the introduction it is at least 5 years too late. Probably 10.

By the time they introduce this next year, how long do we estimate it will take to be fitted on all aircraft? 10 years?

Meaning BA will have aircraft with the current CW seat, a design that would be nearly 30 years old. Shocking really.
It’s anybody’s guess really - the l/h fleet is of course a sizeable one. But where spending money on improvements is concerned, BA tends not to move at the speed of light.

The new revamped CW catering (obviously a much, much less complex process) has taken over one year so far - and is I think (?) still not fully rolled out across the entire network.

Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would guess that it won't be retro fitted on any aircraft earmarked for retirement in the few years?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I would guess that it won't be retro fitted on any aircraft earmarked for retirement in the few years?
No, wouldn’t have thought so.

In which case .... all those enthusiastic aficionados of the current ancient seat will be able to enjoy them for a fair few years yet
wrp96, cosmo74, Beltway2A and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by eugegall

They would just do it at the same time as one of the medium or heavy checks. So the whole long haul fleet should have been through one within 5 or 6 years.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1010101
They would just do it at the same time as one of the medium or heavy checks. So the whole long haul fleet should have been through one within 5 or 6 years.
Fingers crossed they pick a company that can keep up with numbers and production slots !
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
The super diamond does look a touch like the “sofa” concept that was floating around a while ago. That looked very clever indeed.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I thought that BA had chosen a variant of the Q-Suite. To me, the Q-Suite seems like a relative of the current CW seat, a bigger better version, of course. QR have numbered their seats such that everyone refers to it as 1-2-1, but its conceptually little different from CW other than all-aisle access.

I hope that BA can retrofit the new cabins relatively quickly. I would guess that the 77Ws will be the first to be refitted, to match the new deliveries due in 2019 and maybe the non-ER 777s be used as cover to quicken the pace of refits. The less urgent A380 and 788/9 would follow.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load

No, wouldn’t have thought so.

In which case .... all those enthusiastic aficionados of the current ancient seat will be able to enjoy them for a fair few years yet
And we’ll have years of “Will my flight have New CW?” or “my flight had Old CW, how much Avios should I ask for?” threads to look forward to!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by rpjs

And we’ll have years of “Will my flight have New CW?” or “my flight had Old CW, how much Avios should I ask for?” threads to look forward to!
You presumably mean in the manner of will I get the new catering ....... will I get the new bedding ......

Déjà vu all over again ...... ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.