Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rpjs

And we’ll have years of “Will my flight have New CW?” or “my flight had Old CW, how much Avios should I ask for?” threads to look forward to!
Swings and roundabouts...

No more row 64/62 J/K!!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I thought that BA had chosen a variant of the Q-Suite. To me, the Q-Suite seems like a relative of the current CW seat, a bigger better version, of course. QR have numbered their seats such that everyone refers to it as 1-2-1, but its conceptually little different from CW other than all-aisle access.

I hope that BA can retrofit the new cabins relatively quickly. I would guess that the 77Ws will be the first to be refitted, to match the new deliveries due in 2019 and maybe the non-ER 777s be used as cover to quicken the pace of refits. The less urgent A380 and 788/9 would follow.
At risk of going off topic, collectively we can only wish for something like Q-Suites for CW.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I thought that BA had chosen a variant of the Q-Suite. To me, the Q-Suite seems like a relative of the current CW seat, a bigger better version, of course. QR have numbered their seats such that everyone refers to it as 1-2-1, but its conceptually little different from CW other than all-aisle access.
I did ask this but apparently not. I guess we shall see.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch

I did ask this but apparently not. I guess we shall see.
Likewise, the Etihad Business Studio, provided you don't have the requirement to put walls up and down to join groups of 4 seats together.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by 1010101
They would just do it at the same time as one of the medium or heavy checks. So the whole long haul fleet should have been through one within 5 or 6 years.
Look how long it’s taken to get the Gatwick fleet refurbished. The old club seats have just been put back in. It’s going to be a while going by that.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:10 am

Why does BA insist on this CW product of having forward/rear facing seats? Ergonomy? Flight reducing fatigue ? I have not flown CW on BA, only F a few years back.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by elite13
Why does BA insist on this CW product of having forward/rear facing seats? Ergonomy? Flight reducing fatigue ? I have not flown CW on BA, only F a few years back.
Because it makes a very efficient use of space. People need more space around their torso, but not so much around their feet. Despite the a number of people throwing their toys out the pram over it (even calling it a premium economy product - get a grip those people!), it is indeed a very clever piece of engineering when you look into it.

Of course people expect more space, especially storage, and the direct aisle access these days... blah blah blah. It's changing soon, so not to worry...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Why does BA insist on this CW product of having forward/rear facing seats?
Why do other airlines "insist" on their business class products having only forward facing seats?

Having flown CW many, many times I can assure you that the direction you face is not noticeable at all during flight, and although felt during landing and takeoff is just simply the reverse feeling of that of front facing seats (being pushed "forwards" during takeoff and "backwards" during landing, as opposed to the more usual feeling of being pushed backwards during takeoff and forwards during landing).

In fact, some say that the rear facing seats are better for sleep, due to the angle of flight, but I have not felt this myself. What I can say is that some of the best seats in the cabin (in terms of free aisle access without anyone disturbing you either) are rear facing, and I always reserve one of them well before a flight.
RoyalSwazi, Ldnn1, davm666 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by mikebg; Oct 31, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze Executive Club Member
My understanding is most people who have flown in this rear facing seat never have an issue with it. Personally, I prefer flying this way.

Also, 50% are forward facing so if you really don't like it, you still have a choice to face forward.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by hemschmall

Of course people expect more space, especially storage, and the direct aisle access these days... blah blah blah. It's changing soon, so not to worry...
... "soon" being a number of years somewhere between 2 and 20, and route- and type dependent.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I wonder if we’ll see this criticism raised on here for the Q-Suite?!
msm2000uk and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:43 am

I like the rear facing seat. I know some people are a bit strange about it, but I find it perfectly comfortable.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by mikebg
Why do other airlines "insist" on their business class products having only forward facing seats?
They don't.

AA have rear facing seats in J. As does UA.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I think it helps them keep the seat density up while allowing lay flats and larger pitch. I'd rather a forward/rear seat pair, than the 'coffin' that comes from DL's A330 seat where your legs slide under the seat in front of you and the back of the pod in front of you is within your arm's reach.

Of course, JAL manages to keep forward facing and large pitch, and it's phenomenal, but pricey in my experience.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
So the Capital Markets presentation states the following:

New Club World unveiled with arrival of 1st A350 in July 2019.
4 x A350 with the new seat due by end of 2019
2 x B777 (presumably B77W) will also be retrofitted by year end.

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.