Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It’s from an old thread but a picture of a possible seat that probably was canned
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'm probably in a hard minority here, but I'd be happy with the current CW seats if only they all had direct aisle access. I hate being stepped over, and I hate stepping over people. Oh, and a better IFE screen... the one they currently use is garbage (good luck watching a subtitled film)

I can't say I've really minded being window vs not.
I also agree. Give me 64A/K (747) or 53A/K (380) or a direct aisle access on 787 vs QR or the likes. If BA could produce something like JAL that would the winner for me but I realise not all CW seats are created equal.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Prospero
Has no-one else here spotted that the seat described in the paddleyourownkanoo article shared here by Foofighter69 on 5 January and allegedly killed off by BA management is the same seat contained in the October 2017 patent application?
Yes I had wondered where I saw that patent, hence my earlier post about the leaks (filed patents as KARFA kindly corrected!). It was driving me mad as to where! But yes it’s just another media story about BA’s filed patents. So we really are still in the dark.

I’d personally like to see something different and a bit more stand out after 15 odd years of roughly the same seat! They’ve had bloody long enough to come up with it!!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by T8191
[the only time I ever get one!]
Ha... yeah, we used to take turns, but now I just give her the window seat.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: Meh
Basically no new seat on the horizon? Even the BA horizon of 5 years?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by stevie
Basically no new seat on the horizon? Even the BA horizon of 5 years?
Not quite; the A350 which will enter service next year, will have a new seat.

We just don't know what it is yet.

What we do know is that it will take a long time to be rolled out, may or may not appear on existing aircraft, and will instantly be equally praised and disliked by FT citizens as soon as the design is finally announced.
PETER01, wrp96 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:36 am

I hope we get a version of the Qsuites. They really do look fantastic. That would be very impressive. Maybe called the Club Suites Or would this cannibalise F?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Or would this cannibalise F?
I did try searching but my Google Fu is weak today can anyone confirm if the new A350-1000 will have a first cabin? I would guess 8 seats if so, on the basis it's similar to the 789?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I hope we get a version of the Qsuites. They really do look fantastic. That would be very impressive. Maybe called the Club Suites Or would this cannibalise F?
Yes, It would be impressive. Very impressive.

​​​​​​​But don’t hold your breath on that one, is my advice
​​​​​​​
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Some on here would implode if BA copied QR on anything!
710 77345 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:23 pm

Would it not make sense to have the same J seat as IB? Direct aisle access with no 'climbing' and some conformity across group.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by everGLAdes
Would it not make sense to have the same J seat as IB? Direct aisle access with no 'climbing' and some conformity across group.
BA and IB are distinct brands, and IAG likely want to keep it that way.

BA is premium, don't forget. Alex told us all in his latest email.
rockflyertalk and everGLAdes like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Some on here would implode if BA copied QR on anything!
Dread to think what would happen if they copied Emirates, eh?!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I just got off an SQ flight and in J and feel genuinely gutted that I have not looked beyond BA sooner. It just blew away BA CW and, yes, F. BA has a very long way to go.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I just got off an SQ flight and in J and feel genuinely gutted that I have not looked beyond BA sooner. It just blew away BA CW and, yes, F. BA has a very long way to go.
although I would prefer a window direct aisle access, side cupboard BA J seat to a regular SQ J seat. SQ soft product is streets ahead if BA although the seat does not recline far enough before you need to get out and turn it into a be - in seat mode there is not enough room to put your legs and in bed mode the sideways position into the box dies not do it for me. That said it is better than 97% of BA J seats and its bulkhead seats are equal to the prized few BA J sears - although row 96 can be extremely cold. Let's not even go there with F....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.