Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should a CW main course look like this?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
At first I thought it was tinned macaroni cheese until I read it was a risotto. Even certain authentic risottos don't look very appetising to be honest.
Tinned macaroni and cheese....haven't thought about that in 30 years, do they still make that?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jkenn
Tinned macaroni and cheese....haven't thought about that in 30 years, do they still make that?
Not sure but given you can get an all day breakfast in a tin my money would be on they do.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Yes.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
This is not unusual. If you have to fly CW, try to eat before boarding and/or bring some of your own food (sandwich, snack) on board. The on board food in CW is inedible most times. BA will now also enhance the food in First, so no escape there any longer.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can't believe how bad it's getting. It's only airline food, of course, but most carriers make some effort to produce something decent in their premium cabins (I've had many a good meal in the sky). I'm just an observer here, I don't fly BA any more and that's the way it's going to stay. More I read this forum, less I want to come back!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You will always get reports about poor catering and the Internet tends to shows the extremes, but to be honest in general our food has improved, if you don't fly with us Concerto you will never know.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
#firstworldproblems

I get the food may be unattractive, but inedible? Really guys.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
At least it left mush room for something else 😀
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by andyedinburgh
#firstworldproblems

I get the food may be unattractive, but inedible? Really guys.
I get that Andy. But put in context the cost associated with CW means a decently presently and tasty meal should be offered. In this case the dishes look like hot liquefied colours.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Both my recent CW meals (I only travel for leisure so not as much as most here) were really nice.
Chicken tikka masala with cauliflower and rice (cauliflower overcooked) was very nice.
'Breakfast' on the 178, Chicken tikka with cauliflower (and spinach I think) cauliflower cooked perfectly. Pity they didn't have a lassi with them but I had a smoothie instead.
You can see a theme here no doubt, I actually like spicy food for breakfast so a win for me.
I avoid the beef as I am fussy about how it is cooked.
Curries work very well and I would like to see them included all the time.
That risotto looks like soup , I am not a big fan of them at the best of times but that does look inedible.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You will always get reports about poor catering and the Internet tends to shows the extremes, but to be honest in general our food has improved, if you don't fly with us Concerto you will never know.
I agree and despite having had some bad experiences in the past (<2015), I am actually looking forward to my new (long haul) flights on BA next month. Mostly because what I have seen in the various threads about food and because of the positive words of the regulars here.

I hope (and half expect) it will be good!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Canny beat a tin of heinz macaroni cheese, my 2 year old agrees!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You will always get reports about poor catering and the Internet tends to shows the extremes, but to be honest in general our food has improved
I agree with you that it has generally improved, albeit more in F than in CW IMHO. If I think of the past 12 months, in CW, I would say that I have had a few great dishes (e.g. the guinea fowl with red cabbage last November was really nice, as was this year's Christmas turkey dish, but I think it was the same as F anyway), but also a few really vile ones (such as a recent ghastly chicken avocado starter, a really nasty vegetarian pasta dish in January, etc).

I'd say that on the whole, in J, BA is still below much of the competition in terms of food quality (OS, TK, AZ, AF, IB, LX, etc all typically do it better to only mention European competitors), while it is now typically above the competition in terms of wine quality.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
#firstworldproblems
We could simply close down the whole FT forum and just slap this as a banner on a landing page in its place. I never understand why people type this as it never seems to add any value to the conversation.

get the food may be unattractive, but inedible? Really guys.
I think most people have some kind of standards when it comes to the quality of food that they'd like too put into their bodies. This is business class that costs thousands of pounds/dollars to travel in. It's a perfectly reasonable expectation that the food served does not look and/or taste like crap.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by stevie
I get that Andy. But put in context the cost associated with CW means a decently presently and tasty meal should be offered. In this case the dishes look like hot liquefied colours.
Sounds like the curries i make! The op's pics put even my home baked slop on a pedestal. I'd never order it as i'm a nae meat nae eat sort of chap in the air, but i wouldn't wish that on my enemies (coming from a guy that likes heinz macaroni cheese and bombay badboy pot noodles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.