Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should a CW main course look like this?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It looks disgusting but I wouldn't have thought the slop on side of the plate was served that way?
For added photographic affect maybe?

It looks okay for a risotto, apart from being a bit on the runny side that is. Silly dish to serve on board an aircraft though.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am not a massively fussy eater (except, perhaps, when compared with HIDDY) but I have rarely had an edible meal in CW anywhere other than ex-LHR, which always seem to be pretty good. SYD, SIN, SFO, SEA, PEK, CPT are my recent experiences and almost without exception they were dire. China I'm willing to exclude but really, what gives, when the local standards of food and availabilty of decent ingredients are so high?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
It looks okay for a risotto, apart from being a bit on the runny side that is.
Really? It looks vile.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens

It looks okay for a risotto
Seriously? You're kidding, right?

This is a risotto:

Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It looks okay for a risotto
Seriously, I don't think that even Willie Walsh would dare to suggest that!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Really? It looks vile.
At first I thought it was tinned macaroni cheese until I read it was a risotto. Even certain authentic risottos don't look very appetising to be honest.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I had gritty scallops ex-MIA in CW a while back.

Why I chose them, I don't know.

The catering from outstations can be mediocre.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Catering out of MIA is crap in general.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Agreed. All my BA flights in CW and F have had really poor menus, and a particularly nasty tasting menu on the A380 flight. This is really quite paradoxical as that city, which I personally do not like very much (I know many people do), does have some great food to offer!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Definitely agreed.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
The catering from outstations can be mediocre.
Except, beef from US outstations is usually better than ex UK. My rule of thumb: flying ex UK - anything but beef, flying ex US - always beef. Since following this rule I always had mediocre to good food. Never excellent but never bad either.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Apparently mush.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
What else was on the menu? Even without seeing them I wouldn't have chosen either dish.
I'm vegetarian, so somewhat limited... The, what was apparently mushroom risotto was from the regular CW menu and the 2nd main course was the lacto-ovo vegetarian dish.

The crew actually then went to First to get me a salad starter and pasta option from the Bistro menu... The pasta was, again, inedible, but I did enjoy the salad.

I must mention though on the way out from LHR, I flew to San Diego on this trip and had a really, really excellent Tofu curry and also an excellent MF crew.... so I guess it's all very inconsistent.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It looks disgusting but I wouldn't have thought the slop on side of the plate was served that way?
The slop on the side was pieces of what is allegedly cheese I had picked out from the top, however there was some of the "risotto" spilled on the plate below when served.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by mmogdan
I'm vegetarian, so somewhat limited... The, what was apparently mushroom risotto was from the regular CW menu and the 2nd main course was the lacto-ovo vegetarian dish.

The crew actually then went to First to get me a salad starter and pasta option from the Bistro menu... .
You have my sympathy. The wife isn't vegetarian but she's a hell of a fussy eater and used to pre-order special meals on Air France. All were awful so ever since she decided just to stick with the normal menu and carry some back up food just in case. She'd eat salad till the cows came home but not many airlines seem to do a salad for the main.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.