FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Should a CW main course look like this? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1762789-should-cw-main-course-look-like.html)

mmogdan Apr 29, 2016 9:30 am

Should a CW main course look like this?

Flying from MIA - LHR the other day in CW.... Both tasted unedible and I was unable to eat both...

http://s32.postimg.cc/kmqlret79/IMG_1201.jpg

Apparently, Mushroom Risotto

http://s32.postimg.cc/am5in6ogl/IMG_1202.jpg

Apparently, Mushrooms with Couscous

I sent the photos and feedback to BA who responded with the below. Should I be setting my expectations lower when in CW as explained in their response?

"I'm concerned to learn that you were unhappy with the quality of meal you received on your flight. I'd like to assure you that we choose our catering partners carefully and we set very high standards for food preparation. Our suppliers must have strict processes in place to ensure these standards are met. Our menus are also refreshed every month and we include dishes that our customers tell us they enjoy.

We use Umami rich ingredients in our meals, as this improves the flavour of our food when in the air. All our meals are freshly prepared using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients wherever possible. We normally get very good feedback about our catering, so I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m sorry you feel let down. I’ve sent a copy of your email to our Products and Services Manager and I know they’ll value your insight. "

Swampz64 Apr 29, 2016 9:44 am

Did you send them the pictures?

User Name Apr 29, 2016 9:55 am

Looks vile. I had a similar-looking plate delivered to me in WT+ recently (so a CW main course). Didn't complain as I'd eaten pretty well in the lounge so just picked at it. Very poor form.

mmogdan Apr 29, 2016 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Swampz64 (Post 26552964)
Did you send them the pictures?

Yep, I uploaded the images and included the link to view them.

PUCCI GALORE Apr 29, 2016 10:02 am

Is that slopped all over the plate beneath? That is really slipshod.

Note - you cannot cook Risotto properly on an aircraft. Real risotto needs a saucepan and lot's of patience to get the consistency correct - that is not even the colour of a mushroom anything. As for the unspeakable mess next to it - I loath couscous and anything that is made with semolina grains but it's not my dinner.

You should have taken that back to the Galley and asked the CSD to sample it.

Behindthecurtain Apr 29, 2016 10:14 am

This is why I eat in the lounge, drink too much n sleep

mmogdan Apr 29, 2016 10:16 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 26553080)
Is that slopped all over the plate beneath? That is really slipshod.

Note - you cannot cook Risotto properly on an aircraft. Real risotto needs a saucepan and lot's of patience to get the consistency correct - that is not even the colour of a mushroom anything. As for the unspeakable mess next to it - I loath couscous and anything that is made with semolina grains but it's not my dinner.

I did inform the crew and mentioned it was the worst meal I have ever had. I was then brought the 2nd main course and was told it "might taste better than it looks", obviously, that was not the case :(

DrBernardo Apr 29, 2016 10:19 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 26553080)
You should have taken that back to the Galley and asked the CSD to sample it.

It's not their fault, flower! (Well, possibly the over-slop is). Instead, they should have taken it Waterslide and forced them to eat it there!

Have to say - I still can't identify the first one as risotto from the picture. It looks more like over-full monochromatic noodle soup...

orbitmic Apr 29, 2016 10:34 am

No, nothing supposed to be eaten by a human being (CW or otherwise) should look like that.

LondonElite Apr 29, 2016 10:39 am

The bottom photo looks like my dog had a dump on it after he had his nose in some curry. Disgusting!

msm2000uk Apr 29, 2016 10:40 am

Not sure what you're complaining about.

People praised Henri Matisse for his abstract art, and you should have praised the Cabin Crew for such a marvellous example of Abstract Food.

The sheer fact none of us could really tell what the meal was supposed to be, is testament to the highly skilled art training camp, all BA Oven-Chefs are sent to.

NB - I know of at least one BA Oven-Chef (Mark) who used to be a chef on the ground, and always makes a point of explaining what is being served on the plate.

Oaxaca Apr 29, 2016 12:25 pm

The OP should have left the dish names off and asked us to guess, could have been the start of a new FT game...the "risotto" may have remained unidentified for some time.

HIDDY Apr 29, 2016 12:52 pm

What else was on the menu? Even without seeing them I wouldn't have chosen either dish.

Can I help you Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm

It looks disgusting but I wouldn't have thought the slop on side of the plate was served that way?

rapidex Apr 29, 2016 1:36 pm

I had the risotto yesterday.It was absolutely vile.Unfortunately so were the other choices.So much for CW food.

I had a lovely lunch in the CCR as compensation.