Should a CW main course look like this?

Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Should a CW main course look like this?

Flying from MIA - LHR the other day in CW.... Both tasted unedible and I was unable to eat both...

Apparently, Mushroom Risotto

Apparently, Mushrooms with Couscous

I sent the photos and feedback to BA who responded with the below. Should I be setting my expectations lower when in CW as explained in their response?

"I'm concerned to learn that you were unhappy with the quality of meal you received on your flight. I'd like to assure you that we choose our catering partners carefully and we set very high standards for food preparation. Our suppliers must have strict processes in place to ensure these standards are met. Our menus are also refreshed every month and we include dishes that our customers tell us they enjoy.

We use Umami rich ingredients in our meals, as this improves the flavour of our food when in the air. All our meals are freshly prepared using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients wherever possible. We normally get very good feedback about our catering, so I’m disappointed to hear we didn’t meet your expectations. I’m sorry you feel let down. I’ve sent a copy of your email to our Products and Services Manager and I know they’ll value your insight. "

Last edited by mmogdan; Apr 29, 2016 at 9:33 am Reason: send to sent*
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Did you send them the pictures?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Looks vile. I had a similar-looking plate delivered to me in WT+ recently (so a CW main course). Didn't complain as I'd eaten pretty well in the lounge so just picked at it. Very poor form.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Swampz64
Did you send them the pictures?
Yep, I uploaded the images and included the link to view them.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Is that slopped all over the plate beneath? That is really slipshod.

Note - you cannot cook Risotto properly on an aircraft. Real risotto needs a saucepan and lot's of patience to get the consistency correct - that is not even the colour of a mushroom anything. As for the unspeakable mess next to it - I loath couscous and anything that is made with semolina grains but it's not my dinner.

You should have taken that back to the Galley and asked the CSD to sample it.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
This is why I eat in the lounge, drink too much n sleep
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Is that slopped all over the plate beneath? That is really slipshod.

Note - you cannot cook Risotto properly on an aircraft. Real risotto needs a saucepan and lot's of patience to get the consistency correct - that is not even the colour of a mushroom anything. As for the unspeakable mess next to it - I loath couscous and anything that is made with semolina grains but it's not my dinner.
I did inform the crew and mentioned it was the worst meal I have ever had. I was then brought the 2nd main course and was told it "might taste better than it looks", obviously, that was not the case
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You should have taken that back to the Galley and asked the CSD to sample it.
It's not their fault, flower! (Well, possibly the over-slop is). Instead, they should have taken it Waterslide and forced them to eat it there!

Have to say - I still can't identify the first one as risotto from the picture. It looks more like over-full monochromatic noodle soup...
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No, nothing supposed to be eaten by a human being (CW or otherwise) should look like that.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The bottom photo looks like my dog had a dump on it after he had his nose in some curry. Disgusting!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Not sure what you're complaining about.

People praised Henri Matisse for his abstract art, and you should have praised the Cabin Crew for such a marvellous example of Abstract Food.

The sheer fact none of us could really tell what the meal was supposed to be, is testament to the highly skilled art training camp, all BA Oven-Chefs are sent to.

NB - I know of at least one BA Oven-Chef (Mark) who used to be a chef on the ground, and always makes a point of explaining what is being served on the plate.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The OP should have left the dish names off and asked us to guess, could have been the start of a new FT game...the "risotto" may have remained unidentified for some time.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What else was on the menu? Even without seeing them I wouldn't have chosen either dish.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It looks disgusting but I wouldn't have thought the slop on side of the plate was served that way?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:36 pm

I had the risotto yesterday.It was absolutely vile.Unfortunately so were the other choices.So much for CW food.

I had a lovely lunch in the CCR as compensation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.