FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

morges1 Mar 24, 2016 12:50 am

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer (Post 26377921)
Does one earn the GGL simply by earning 100,000 tier points regardless of class flown or tier level?

Love the "simply"!!!!

miamiflyer8 Mar 24, 2016 1:08 am

Do you get regular lifetime Gold status with 35K tier credits?

Oaxaca Mar 24, 2016 1:16 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26378893)
Do you get regular lifetime Gold status with 35K tier credits?

Yes, 35,000 lifetime TPs will earn you lifetime Gold (lifetime in all cases meaning the life of the programme rather than your natural span, BA can withdraw these things).

miamiflyer8 Mar 24, 2016 1:20 am

Has anyone here actually qualified for lifetime GGL?

Oaxaca Mar 24, 2016 1:27 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26378916)
Has anyone here actually qualified for lifetime GGL?

A few, look at the post above your previous one for one example, morges1 is GGL for life.

dylanks Mar 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by fourstardust (Post 26375719)
i've looked through the forum but not seen an answer on this - how long does it normally take to receive the CCR card once you qualify for the first time ? I received the GGL pack around 5 working days after qualifying but still no sign on the CCR card nearly a week later. Any ideas ?

FYI, I received my CCR card in the US after 26 days of my qualifying flight (so about 24 days after reaching GGL), 3 days after receiving my GGL card.

chris1979 Mar 30, 2016 5:16 am

just had the 7k email (and am expecting an 8k email any day as also went through that).

they messed up their numbers a bit though......

--------------

Dear Mr chris1979,

We're delighted to tell you that with the 28,475 Tier Points you've earned so far in your membership year, you've unlocked a valuable Gold Guest List reward. All you have to do is make your choice from the options below.

Simply contact your dedicated Gold Guest List Service Centre within the next 60 days and let them know which one of these rewards you've chosen.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 30, 2016 5:23 am

Yes, they are indeed using the lifetime amounts, I had a similar mis-match (new this year!). Mine was quite comical in terms of yearly earning, I think a physical impossibility. Same through to 9k.

msm2000uk Mar 30, 2016 5:46 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26408549)
just had the 7k email (and am expecting an 8k email any day as also went through that).

they messed up their numbers a bit though......

--------------

Dear Mr chris1979,

We're delighted to tell you that with the 28,475 Tier Points you've earned so far in your membership year, you've unlocked a valuable Gold Guest List reward. All you have to do is make your choice from the options below.

Simply contact your dedicated Gold Guest List Service Centre within the next 60 days and let them know which one of these rewards you've chosen.

I'll hit 8,000 next week, so will see if I receive an email...I didn't for 6 or 7.

Aim is for 10,000 TPs this year, if only for the screenshot!

Tobias-UK Mar 30, 2016 6:57 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26408559)
Yes, they are indeed using the lifetime amounts, I had a similar mis-match (new this year!). Mine was quite comical in terms of yearly earning, I think a physical impossibility. Same through to 9k.

Yes, same here this year. Last year the amount (IIRC) was correct, this year I chuckled when I saw the TPs - almost 6 digits, not bad for less than 4 months travel!

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 26408634)
... Aim is for 10,000 TPs this year, if only for the screenshot!

Sadly, that's all you'll get for 10,000 TPs :eek: :(

Wozza2404 Mar 30, 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26408904)
Yes, same here this year. Last year the amount (IIRC) was correct, this year I chuckled when I saw the TPs - almost 6 digits, not bad for less than 4 months travel!

Surely you mean 5 digits? 6 digits would require something like 400+ LH F flights!

Tobias-UK Mar 30, 2016 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 26408937)
Surely you mean 5 digits? 6 digits would require something like 400+ LH F flights!

No, I mean 6 digits! I normally sail past the 10,000 TP threshold each year, I'm not far off the magic 100,000 TPs - when I hit 7000 TPs a few weeks ago the email arrived with my Lifetime TP balance shown instead of my annual TP balance.

dylanks Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm

I figured I'd add a quick first time report of using a GGL redemption, as it was better than expected.

* I called the GGL line.
* I explained that I'd like to book a Gold Guest List Redemption for my family of 5 in F. I provided our preferred dates and city pairs, and explained that I would also like to use various GUF and companion vouchers.
* After confirming my details, I was told that only 3 GGL redemption seats were available on the outbound for immediate confirmation (who else is GGL in PHX! ;) ), but I am told that if I can wait a short while (30 minutes or so), I will receive a call back after the agent checks to see if two more seats can be confirmed. I'm provided a PNR, and the first call ends.
* Approximately 20 minutes later, I received a call back from the same agent saying that the seats were now available for us! I was provided with the total number of avios and taxes/surcharges. At this point, I have 72 hours to pay the taxes and surcharges to confirm the booking. I had it put on hold to give me time to verify the details with the wife.

And with the various GUF/companion vouchers, the total is 550,000 avios + taxes/surcharges for five of us to fly in F (basically the price for four of us to fly in CW). We're looking forward to spending our winter break in London and one or two other European destinations. Overall, a great experience from the GGL!

golfmad Mar 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 26410807)
I figured I'd add a quick first time report of using a GGL redemption, as it was better than expected.

It is a truly outstanding benefit. If you have a lot of Avios it makes using them much more straightforward for sure.

dylanks Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26408559)

A similar mistake happened when I nominated my wife for Gold. Her welcome to gold email told her that she had my lifetime value of tier points!