FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

morges1 Feb 3, 2016 2:08 am

Thanks, Tobias-UK, this is the type of information that is hard to find!

Wozza2404 Feb 3, 2016 4:29 am

When the Concorde Bar opened in SIN, I was told by the GGL line that CCR card holders don't have access; only F pax. Has it been confirmed now that this is not actually the case?

corporate-wage-slave Feb 3, 2016 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 26125571)
When the Concorde Bar opened in SIN, I was told by the GGL line that CCR card holders don't have access; only F pax. Has it been confirmed now that this is not actually the case?

I recall that they said the same about CCDR in IAD, it was just a timing issue. I know I may not be a perfect example, but I have made 4 visits since it was opened, and the big swing door duly opened up each time.

msm2000uk Feb 3, 2016 4:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26125622)
I recall that they said the same about CCDR in IAD, it was just a timing issue. I know I may not be a perfect example, but I have made 4 visits since it was opened, and the big swing door duly opened up each time.

Likewise for me in SIN three times when I have been in CW.

Wozza2404 Feb 3, 2016 4:57 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 26125628)
Likewise for me in SIN three times when I have been in CW.

Thanks to both for your answers.

I'm going through SIN in April and was curious, but as I'm in F I wouldn't be able to test it.

If it's decent, I may start taking MH flights from SIN-KUL for my weekends when I'm working out there instead of Air Asia, so I can get loaded pre-flight.

kauppias Feb 3, 2016 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26036548)
When you hit 10,000, 15,000 TPs etc a new CCR Card is automatically issued - or more accurately re-issued, it's a bug in the system. It is not an additional card! I'd not mention this in your OP as it is likely to cause confusion and there are relatively few of us who exceed the 9999 annual TP mark.

That would be a good benefit to add a CCR Partner card at 10k TP :) something for CWS to look forward to perhaps :)

This thread is very useful indeed. For this year I am at a whopping ZERO TP's but for the next year I am doing calculations of AA vs ba and I am sitting at 100k+ miles vs 2330 TP but I do fear :D if I credit to ba then I will end up going to 2500tp for the Guf then to 3500tp for the extras which would again lead to 5000k for GGL and CCR :) I guess I should carefully think this through :)

I guess ba did me a favor when they changed the 2x3k GGL route but this thread is full of great info on GGL I enjoyed the 7 pages so far

HighLife Feb 3, 2016 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26125255)
As I understand it, and I'm not quite there yet, with LTGGL you do have CCR access for life.

This is what I was told too by someone who, frankly, should know!

Not there yet myself either but at this rate it's about 7-10 years away and so things will be sure to change between then and now...

And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd 747s, the gorgeous Concorde Rooms,
The solemn air terminals, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind.

:D

Tobias-UK Feb 3, 2016 7:07 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 26125973)
That would be a good benefit to add a CCR Partner card at 10k TP :) something for CWS to look forward to perhaps :) ...

My wife would be delighted at that, on that basis she'd have had one every year for quite some time.

As it is, she has travelled with me on about 30% of my trips this year and if that continues she will qualify for a CCR in her own right during the current Membership Year.

msm2000uk Feb 3, 2016 7:31 am

I'll likely hit around 11,000 TPs for this year, but appreciate there are no benefits above 9,000 TPs.

A partner CCR card would be great - or even another Gold card to issue to a friend/family member.

Wozza2404 Feb 3, 2016 7:38 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 26126172)
I'll likely hit around 11,000 TPs for this year, but appreciate there are no benefits above 9,000 TPs.

A partner CCR card would be great - or even another Gold card to issue to a friend/family member.

Double TPs (purely for lifetime earning purposes) on all points above 5k would encourage me to put more flights through BA once I've hit 5k.

morges1 Feb 3, 2016 9:32 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 26126172)

As a LTGGL/CCR, all I can say is "wow". I felt that I travelled my guts out for that but never at that level!

msm2000uk Feb 3, 2016 11:02 am

Originally Posted by morges1 (Post 26126738)
As a LTGGL/CCR, all I can say is "wow". I felt that I travelled my guts out for that but never at that level!

I'm cheating slightly, as I travel regularly with QR (which offers me double points).

Of my 11,000 TPs, circa 6,000 this year will be with QR, but I am doing an two F return trips a month so may even end up with more than 11,000 TPs...and a very very very unhappy wife!

kauppias Feb 3, 2016 11:32 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 26127259)
I'm cheating slightly, as I travel regularly with QR (which offers me double points).

Of my 11,000 TPs, circa 6,000 this year will be with QR, but I am doing an two F return trips a month so may even end up with more than 11,000 TPs...and a very very very unhappy wife!

My wife is not happy with 2330TPs so I can imagine what the result would be at 11000TPs :) though my travel is 100% personal :)

Nekamah7 Feb 3, 2016 1:56 pm

Excuse me if these questions were answered.
1) Can the joker be used if the AH isn't flying?
2) If using miles to book the joker, the cost is the regular mileage requirement?

TIA

corporate-wage-slave Feb 3, 2016 2:04 pm

Yes, you can use your joker for other people, and for the same Avios requirement as normal bookings. Not many GGLs are in household accounts apparently, but the usual rules apply there. GGL cardholders can still use the Gold Priority Reward if they don't want to deploy a joker, and that's the usual double amount plus one month advance notice.