FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

47Chits Mar 3, 2016 9:45 am

Yes, it did have the (1) in the bracket...

OH had a shopping list of things to call about, and tried to book our two trips, but the person on the phone said only one redemption was showing up?

Perhaps it needs a few days for the dust to settle? It was only this morning the points finally posted, and the "GL" page is not up yet, but our "Gold Benefits" are.

Perhaps an error. Maybe will call back tomorrow and see if another person can help us. Seems to be normal to have two jokers? For example, we want two trips for two people, this would normally be ok?

Edit: sorry, the gold guest list redemption is not the joker? We are both new to this level of BA, sorry!! It's only been a few hours!

Tobias-UK Mar 3, 2016 9:59 am

The GGL Redemption is the Joker. On qualification you get 2 and a further one at 6000 TPs - that will show on your benefits list as Gold Guest List Redemption (2).

It sounds like the GGL agent was mistaken.

dylanks Mar 3, 2016 10:27 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26278258)
The GGL Redemption is the Joker. On qualification you get 2 and a further one at 6000 TPs - that will show on your benefits list as Gold Guest List Redemption (2).

It sounds like the GGL agent was mistaken.

My newly minted GGL is showing up this way as well... seems a bit confusing as it implies 1 and then 2 (quantity), rather than version.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...1&d=1457026039

dylanks Mar 3, 2016 10:34 am

From the GGL terms and conditions ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-list-benefits or https://www.britishairways.com/en-uk...-list-benefits ), it's pretty clear:

4. Gold Guest List Redemption Reward

4.1. A Member shall be eligible for two Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards per Tier Point Collection Year starting on the date that the Member received an invitation to the Gold Guest List and was able to receive the Services. This does not affect Members ability to spend Avios in the usual way under the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.

4.2. The Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards shall be subject to flight capacity and availability.

4.3. All passengers must travel on the same booking as the Member.

4.4. Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards must be used before the end of the Tier Point Collection Year in which the benefit was issued. No Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards may be carried over and any unused Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards will be lost if Membership of the Gold Guest List for whatever reason terminates. There is no cash alternative or compensation available if the Member fails to use his/her Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards.
5. Gold Guest List Redemption Reward Booking at 6000 Tier Points

5.1. A Member shall be eligible for one additional Gold Guest List Redemption Reward starting on the date that the Member reaches 6000 Tier Points and valid for a period of 12 months. This does not affect the Members ability to spend Avios in the usual way under the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.

5.2. The additional Gold Guest List Redemption Reward shall be subject to flight capacity and availability.

5.3. All passengers must travel on the same booking as the Member.

5.4. Additional Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards must be used within 12 calendar months from the date the Member reaches 6000 Tier Points. No Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards may be carried over and any unused Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards will be lost if Membership of the Gold Guest List for whatever reason terminates. There is no cash alternative or compensation available if the Member fails to use his/her Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards.

Tobias-UK Mar 3, 2016 10:39 am

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 26278431)
My newly minted GGL is showing up this way as well... seems a bit confusing as it implies 1 and then 2 (quantity), rather than version...

Yes, it is confusing if you're not familiar with BA's wordings. GGL Redemption (1) = 2 Jokers; GGL Redemption (2) = 1 Joker.

47Chits Mar 3, 2016 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26278504)
Yes, it is confusing if you're not familiar with BA's wordings. GGL Redemption (1) = 2 Jokers; GGL Redemption (2) = 1 Joker.

Makes sense! Thank you! Looking forward to a few extra trips this year!

chris1979 Mar 4, 2016 3:05 am

I didnt get an email at 6k advising me of extra joker. is that normal?

going through 7k in the next 2 weeks and would expect an email giving me voice of the 3 benefits, right?

Tobias-UK Mar 4, 2016 3:19 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26282324)
I didnt get an email at 6k advising me of extra joker. is that normal?

going through 7k in the next 2 weeks and would expect an email giving me voice of the 3 benefits, right?

No Joker notification at 6000TPs (as this benefit shows in your MMA under 'Benefits Earned') but you will receive an email a few days after you reach 7000 (and again at 8000 and 9000 TPs) with an offer to choose your reward (which you must do within 60 days or lose it!).

chris1979 Mar 4, 2016 3:21 am

tada @Tobias-UK

msm2000uk Mar 4, 2016 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26282343)
No Joker notification at 6000TPs (as this benefit shows in your MMA under 'Benefits Earned') but you will receive an email a few days after you reach 7000 (and again at 8000 and 9000 TPs) with an offer to choose your reward (which you must do within 60 days or lose it!).

Thanks for posting the info.

Was wondering about this myself as I thought I'd have received an email after hitting 6,000 last week.

Will hit 7,000 on Sunday (but will likely reflect online by Tuesday) so will update when I receive the email.

EsherFlyer Mar 4, 2016 6:17 am

@:-) @:-) @:-)

So am I understanding correctly that...
  1. Spend ~£5k securing 5000TP on 8 660TP AA F transcon round-trips (or similar), picking up ~100k Avios along the way (assuming tier bonus).
  2. Buy a further 400k Avios for ~£4k (as and when IB Avios sales and purchase limits permit).
  3. Use Joker and 2-4-1 companion vouchers to book 4 CW return pax to SYD for 500k Avios (250k per pax off-peak), and GUF them to First
  4. Pay taxes, same as you would on revenue.

So the £9k spend saves ~£18k of F fare (4 x £4500, excluding tax element), avoids the normal difficulty of securing redemption, and you have another Joker left still ^ :o?

David_Doyle Mar 7, 2016 11:43 am

Would it be possible to clarify in the Wiki what "Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards must be used within 12 calendar months" refers to? (From the T's&C's)

For example for the Amex 2-4-1 I think the 1st flight must be taken prior to the expiry date, and other legs on the booking can be taken after.

I'm interested to know whether the 'used' refers to:

1) The date by which the redemption must be booked by (as in, then giving a near year window for the flights to occur - the booking horizon)
2) The date by which all travel under the redemption must be completed by.

I'm assuming it refers to (1) but would be good to confirm, and whether the same is also true of GUF1/2 awards also.

Thanks,

David.

Banana4321 Mar 7, 2016 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by David_Doyle (Post 26297572)
Would it be possible to clarify in the Wiki what "Gold Guest List Redemption Rewards must be used within 12 calendar months" refers to? (From the T's&C's)

For example for the Amex 2-4-1 I think the 1st flight must be taken prior to the expiry date, and other legs on the booking can be taken after.

1) The date by which the redemption must be booked by (as in, then giving a near year window for the flights to occur - the booking horizon)

I'm assuming it refers to (1) but would be good to confirm, and whether the same is also true of GUF1/2 awards also.

Thanks,

David.

It's 1)

I've got a booking I have moved several times now, and it is way beyond the anniversary of its award date

dylanks Mar 7, 2016 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by David_Doyle (Post 26297572)

Thanks,

David.

Originally Posted by Banana4321 (Post 26298305)
It's 1)

I've got a booking I have moved several times now, and it is way beyond the anniversary of its award date

I confirmed this on my first GGL phone call today, and have added it to the guide. Thanks!

Innocent Abroad Mar 11, 2016 1:39 pm

1 Attachment(s)
A GGL card holder? :D