FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

BA6501 Dec 7, 2023 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 35803569)
just to clarify, you have nominated someone with the same status they already hold and done it prior to their membership year end?

Correct, three times (all three partner cards). They all got the emails, pressed the "accept" link (which threw an error, but on my side, it showed up as accepted), and then their year just got extended upon the end of their membership year (I think - might've been card validity, but pretty sure it was membership year end).

ermen Dec 7, 2023 8:01 pm

i have an idea.
i will contact the GGL line after 8 Jan (i.e. after my partners TP year end and before their card expiries).
i will still be a member of the GGL team and can probably sort it out then,

kikujiro Dec 8, 2023 4:53 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate (Post 35787052)
You may be very lucky, I would call the GGL line that day before the membership year ends because technically the rules should allow it, as I understand them. Bearing in mind GGL redemptions are never shown on your profile anyway. You have to call up. Always best to try the GGL UK team that open 8am to 8pm UK time. Good luck!

We tried. GGL rep utterly uninterested (computer says no). Much less helpful than used to on the less privileged Gold line.

Wozza2404 Dec 8, 2023 6:20 am

Originally Posted by kikujiro (Post 35805414)
We tried. GGL rep utterly uninterested (computer says no). Much less helpful than used to on the less privileged Gold line.

I think the issue here is that the TPs haven't posted yet? So technically they are still gold, not GGL and as such the benefits haven't been issued.

guytp Dec 11, 2023 3:19 pm

Could someone please PM me the GGL e-mail address?

flarmip Dec 19, 2023 7:53 am

Can anyone clarify whether the "service fee waived" benefit applies only to redemptions, or also to cash bookings? It seems that even fully flexible Y cash fare is subject to a £15 service fee for a refund - would this be waived as a GGL? Thanks.

ISTFlyer Dec 19, 2023 7:57 am

Originally Posted by flarmip (Post 35834045)
Can anyone clarify whether the "service fee waived" benefit applies only to redemptions, or also to cash bookings? It seems that even fully flexible Y cash fare is subject to a £15 service fee for a refund - would this be waived as a GGL? Thanks.

Applies to both cash and redemption bookings.

wanderingjock Dec 27, 2023 3:57 am

Hi, quick Q: I am using a space release (GGL) for a return flight for my son (who is Gold) and his partner. I am not travelling. I have companion voucher and he does too - but agent says I cant use either, since I am not travelling and he is not paying. Any way around this - or is this just the way it is? 200,000 avios at stake :)

Thanks

jerry a. laska Dec 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingjock (Post 35852530)
Hi, quick Q: I am using a space release (GGL) for a return flight for my son (who is Gold) and his partner. I am not travelling. I have companion voucher and he does too - but agent says I cant use either, since I am not travelling and he is not paying. Any way around this - or is this just the way it is? 200,000 avios at stake :)

Thanks

Well, you can't use your companion voucher for your son + partner as you aren't traveling. While I am not GGL my understanding is that you can use Jokers for other people even if you aren't traveling.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html
But you want to use your avios to book using your son's voucher, so some ideas about what the issues might be:
(1) are you in a household account? If so, your son and partner will need to be added at least as friends and family for you to redeem avios for them; even with this though I don't believe it will resolve the issue of you redeeming your son's voucher on his behalf using your avios and credit card for fees/taxes;
(2) does your son have enough avios to redeem his voucher? The t and c's for the voucher require the voucher holder to redeem and the cardmember to pay the fees, taxes, surcharges; can you transfer to your son the avios he needs or add him to your household account so he would have access to your avios?

Originally Posted by wanderingjock (Post 35859306)
maybe posted this in the wrong thread?

I think GGL Joker questions usually get posted in the GGL thread I've linked to above.

golfmad Dec 31, 2023 6:21 pm

Please follow the 2024 version of this thread here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...de-2024-a.html

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC forum