FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

msm2000uk Mar 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 26359503)
I too can confirm I received the emails for awards at 6, 7 and 8k last year and will cross 6k in a couple of weeks and will be able to confirm. However, in your position why not just make a quick call to the GGL line and confirm your choice over the phone?

I did call the GGL line, but thought I'd update the thread too, as I said I would.

I will hit 8,000 in early April, 9,000 in early May, and then 10,000 in early June. I appreciate I won't see any additional benefit for hitting 10,000, but the screenshot will be enough of a personal reward!

chris1979 Mar 20, 2016 3:43 pm

question: what happens to a joker if I cancel a redemption ticket? Do I get it back? what if it's past the validity date of the joker?

chimambu Mar 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26360812)
question: what happens to a joker if I cancel a redemption ticket? Do I get it back? what if it's past the validity date of the joker?

Yes. I cancelled and rebooked within the valid year. Not sure what happens if it is beyond the year.

Dark Blue Mar 21, 2016 11:53 am

Downgraded to...

When your membership is not renewed, to which status are you downgraded, Silver or Gold?

I only see "Your next benefit is Gold Upgrade Voucher (1)" at 2,500 TPs, so am not sure if I will need 1,500 TPs to retain Gold.

KARFA Mar 21, 2016 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 26364979)
When your membership is not renewed, to which status are you downgraded, Silver or Gold?

I only see "Your next benefit is Gold Upgrade Voucher (1)" at 2,500 TPs, so am not sure if I will need 1,500 TPs to retain Gold.

You go down to silver - so for a GGL I would suggest that it is termed a "hard landing"!!

corporate-wage-slave Mar 21, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 26364979)

Generally Silver, unless they like you a lot. That's assuming you didn't get 1500 TPs / 4 eligibles.

Dark Blue Mar 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks, KARFA and corporate-wage-slave!

crazyarmadillo Mar 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by chimambu (Post 26360875)
Yes. I cancelled and rebooked within the valid year. Not sure what happens if it is beyond the year.

I 'changed' a flight quite a few months, after the 12 month period from issue of joker. For the joker, it can be changed from 12 months of ticket issue, so effectively can be as long as 2 years old for outbound.

If you cancel 12 months after issue date, you lose it. Has this happen to me, when I used the joker with an amex 241. had to cancel this flight as opposed to changing it, as it couldn't be changed as the amex voucher had expired. So in that case we lost the joker.

It was for us anyway.

fourstardust Mar 23, 2016 11:25 am

CCR card

i've looked through the forum but not seen an answer on this - how long does it normally take to receive the CCR card once you qualify for the first time ? I received the GGL pack around 5 working days after qualifying but still no sign on the CCR card nearly a week later. Any ideas ?

ThatT1Feeling Mar 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by fourstardust (Post 26375719)
i've looked through the forum but not seen an answer on this - how long does it normally take to receive the CCR card once you qualify for the first time ? I received the GGL pack around 5 working days after qualifying but still no sign on the CCR card nearly a week later. Any ideas ?

This was over 3 years ago for me, but I do remember that the CCR card came through almost immediately after the GGL pack, but there may be a myriad of reasons why things may be different - I don't know if these packs are ordered exactly on the date of qualification and whether they're batched or not..

dylanks Mar 23, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm based in the US so not representative probably. Received my GGL card after 23 days (yesterday), but still waiting for the CCR card.

That said, you don't need it for access. Just explain that you are a new CCR card holder and have not received the card yet. I showed the tier points screen from the app on my phone which was more than sufficient to gain entry to the CCR.

fourstardust Mar 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 26376050)
I'm based in the US so not representative probably. Received my GGL card after 23 days (yesterday), but still waiting for the CCR card.

That said, you don't need it for access. Just explain that you are a new CCR card holder and have not received the card yet. I showed the tier points screen from the app on my phone which was more than sufficient to gain entry to the CCR.

thanks for the tip, will try that out over the weekend :)

SchmeckFlyer Mar 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Does one earn the GGL simply by earning 100,000 tier points regardless of class flown or tier level? Or does to maintain GGL while building up to the threshold? (KLM/AF for example has Platinum for life that requires the member to actually maintain Platinum status for 10 consecutive years.) I know a few people who have over 50,000 points but have not consistently maintained Gold over the years.

golfmad Mar 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer (Post 26377921)
Does one earn the GGL simply by earning 100,000 tier points regardless of class flown or tier level? Or does to maintain GGL while building up to the threshold? (KLM/AF for example has Platinum for life that requires the member to actually maintain Platinum status for 10 consecutive years.) I know a few people who have over 50,000 points but have not consistently maintained Gold over the years.

Gold Guest List for life is achieved by racking up 100,000 points during one's entire membership of the club. There is no requirement to maintain a certain tier status for consecutive years.

Gold Guest List (GGL) is earned by collecting 5,000 points in a year and then maintained through the collection of 3,000 points in each year thereafter.

The class flown or tier status when earning tier points is irrelevant.

skba1 Mar 24, 2016 12:06 am

Ah data point:
I qualified mid-january. Got GGL pack on the 28th (about 10-12 days). After not having received the white card I mentioned it upon entry at the CCR on the 12th of Feb and they said they would request one to be sent. Around 5th of March I was on the phone to the GGL line about something else and in passing I mentioned I had not yet received the card. He checked and said he could not see one being sent and said he would sort it.

As of yesterday still no sign of it.