FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

corporate-wage-slave Apr 17, 2016 3:07 am

Mystery lounge is 0.1. I give full lounge status to the others since they are fully open for the BA flights. T5 Arrivals get 0.5 due to closure at 14 hrs, which is more than most of the day, but it can't be used on shorthaul.

chris1979 Apr 17, 2016 3:10 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26496216)
Mystery lounge is 0.1. I give full lounge status to the others since they are fully open for the BA flights. T5 Arrivals get 0.5 due to closure at 14 hrs, which is more than most of the day, but it can't be used on shorthaul.

mmmm....

using your logic, that suggests it's only open for a very short period of time.

or it's very quirky or so.

it's not BGI, is it? I had never contemplated what a CCR card might do there given it's an F "terminal" but one that doesn't let GCHs in.....

mikebg Apr 17, 2016 3:10 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26496157)
Enjoy using your CCR card which is good for two lounges on Earth.

Well, considering that there is only one other destination which I fly to frequently, that's not too bad for me ...

corporate-wage-slave Apr 17, 2016 3:35 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26496223)
or it's very quirky or so.

it's not BGI, is it? I had never contemplated what a CCR card might do there given it's an F "terminal" but one that doesn't let GCHs in.....

I don't think you're going to get it. T3 Flounge has an evening dining room and after 18:30 / 19:00 hrs CCR cardholders can use it, but due to flight timings there are only about 2 flights served by it. Same menu as CCR T5.

Dark Blue Apr 17, 2016 5:50 am

CCR menu and Cabana

A few questions:

The menus at the CCR are served on a first come first serve basis? The current menu list shows the rib eye steak but I failed to get it for a couple of times. I even ordered it at 12:30, I was told that it's no longer available today but could do duck instead. I am very disappointed.

In terms of Cabana, no staff came when I rang the bell and was told that no one heard anything. Is this normal? This happend to me three times including this time...

The last question, how good is the soundproofing of the cabanas? I am happy with the better sofa bed!

Thanks!

Tobias-UK Apr 17, 2016 6:54 am

They obviously ran out of steak at the time of your visit. If they have it, they will serve it (from about 11AM onward).

It appears there must have been a problem with the bell in the cabana you were in, it is very unusual for the staff not to arrive within a couple of minutes of the bell being pressed.

Dark Blue Apr 17, 2016 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 26496664)
They obviously ran out of steak at the time of your visit. If they have it, they will serve it (from about 11AM onward).

It appears there must have been a problem with the bell in the cabana you were in, it is very unusual for the staff not to arrive within a couple of minutes of the bell being pressed.

Thanks. I did not know the dinner menu is available from 11am onwards, I thought 12pm...

But it's not impressive that it ran out that soon, this is the second time in this month. It might have run out last time as it was 7-8pm, but it's 12:30pm today...

The bell did not work in the past either, it's always Cabana 3's. I had no issue in Cabana 1.

Tobias-UK Apr 17, 2016 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue (Post 26496801)
Thanks. I did not know the dinner menu is available from 11am onwards, I thought 12pm...

The all day menu is available from about 11:00, sometimes a little later and certainly by 11:30.

... But it's not impressive that it ran out that soon, this is the second time in this month. It might have run out last time as it was 7-8pm, but it's 12:30pm today...

They might have run out from last night and are awaiting the new stock to arrive. Do appreciate that everything must clear security and that can lead to delays in stock arriving.

... The bell did not work in the past either, it's always Cabana 3's. I had no issue in Cabana 1.

In that case, report it to the person at the Quintessentially desk, they are in charge of the cabanas and may not be aware that there is a problem with the call bell.

lazerphant Apr 21, 2016 6:08 am

More of a curiosity than anything serious: is GGL status shown on the printed manifest / passengers' list onboard, apart from the CIV score?

I know that the iPad clearly shows GGL members (a CSD showed me the seat maps last week and it was interesting to see the white "GL" label on GGL passengers). Is this also true for the printed manifest, or does this simply show "BA GOLD" with a CIV of 97 or more?

chris1979 Apr 21, 2016 6:38 am

Originally Posted by lazerphant (Post 26515650)
More of a curiosity than anything serious: is GGL status shown on the printed manifest / passengers' list onboard, apart from the CIV score?

I know that the iPad clearly shows GGL members (a CSD showed me the seat maps last week and it was interesting to see the white "GL" label on GGL passengers). Is this also true for the printed manifest, or does this simply show "BA GOLD" with a CIV of 97 or more?

I am pretty sure printed manifest says something like "BAEC Gold Member" but does not list GGL - the identification, as you say, would be the CIV score.

ThatT1Feeling Apr 21, 2016 6:48 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 26515743)
I am pretty sure printed manifest says something like "BAEC Gold Member" but does not list GGL - the identification, as you say, would be the CIV score.

Yes, that's my understanding. On my most recent longhaul, the purser in my cabin welcomed me as a Gold member from her printed manifest. Later on, when she was serving me a drink, the CSD came round and welcomed me as as GGL from his iPad.

Later, the purser came back round and said she was sorry that she hadn't noticed from her manifest that I was GGL... so I am guessing it is how chris1979 says :)

rather_be_on_a_griffin Apr 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Many thanks for this thread. I turned to it this morning when I had a sudden panic about guesting the 7 year old into the Arrivals lounge. The links provided assured me it would be all ok (we were in W) and indeed it was. The lounge agent processed it all without a word.

Short TR: JFK horrible Friday night Fast Track line extending beyond J check-in plus bad tempered check-in agents fed up of being asked if that was actually the fast-track line. CCR
top notch despite being busy: food and service great. W sub par because the person in front reclined immediately after take off (as he is perfectly entitled to do). Service as usual makes it abundantly clear there is nothing actually premium (do you want an extra bottle of battery acid so you can have it with dinner because forget ordering one at that point). Zero recognition (child's first trip as Silver so I thought they'd say something). Bus stand of course but no line at the bordeR. Bags out quickly and Avis the usual upsell (would I like an E class for GBP125 extra /day)

wenzlydale Apr 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Isn't T3 Flounge dining room open all day ?

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 26496291)
I don't think you're going to get it. T3 Flounge has an evening dining room and after 18:30 / 19:00 hrs CCR cardholders can use it, but due to flight timings there are only about 2 flights served by it. Same menu as CCR T5.

We used the T3 Flounge dining room for breakfast recently before 10:20 (?) MIA flight after showing CCR card. Should we have been denied access (flying CW)

nufnuf77 Apr 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wenzlydale (Post 26525769)
We used the T3 Flounge dining room for breakfast recently before 10:20 (?) MIA flight after showing CCR card. Should we have been denied access (flying CW)

It is not an officially separated dining room until 18:00. So for breakfast and lunch any guests of the lounge can use it. For dinner service it is by having proper status/F class.

Tobias-UK Apr 24, 2016 2:16 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 26525813)
It is not an officially separated dining room until 18:00. So for breakfast and lunch any guests of the lounge can use it. For dinner service it is by having proper status/F class.

Correct, but CCR Cardholders are entitled to enjoy the dinner service irrespective of cabin or destination.