Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Corpt
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldencondor

George Bush on a BMI flight to Leeds? That's just weird.

Sorry, Bush Snr, the first president. Yes, it was very weird! He was speaking at a conference the following day near Harrogate. Clinton had spoken at the same conference a few years before, but I didn't share a flight with him!

I don't know if they gave the bmi flight the call sign Airforce One that day!
Call sign Air Force One is used for any US air force plane that carries the president. Ie - though commonly mistaken - it's not the blue and white 747 looking bird by the passenger that determines it. So a former president would never fly on air force one unless he's hitching a ride with the sitting president.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Piers morgan in the AUS admirals club. You get free food if on ba and he went to help himself from the obviously bar controlled sandwhich/salad fridge. Nae manners. Supposedly a popular connection route from lax, maybe he is a secret fter maximising tps!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Piers morgan in the AUS admirals club. You get free food if on ba and he went to help himself from the obviously bar controlled sandwhich/salad fridge. Nae manners. Supposedly a popular connection route from lax, maybe he is a secret fter maximising tps!
Get him out NOW!!! Vomit vomit vomit .
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Get him out NOW!!! Vomit vomit vomit .
He is not liked in the UK, so many people were pleased when he decamped to the US.

Unfortunately his tweets get a lot of attention in the UK media. How he is suddenly an expert on Arsenal and the England cricket team is beyond me.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:47 am

A real celebrity this time - the lady in the flying start vid / on the envelope was working my aisle in j on the aus-lhr flight (just landed, bus gate of course). She really is a super star, superb flight.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by haasha
Someone who looked like Willie Walsh in GF around 10am today, if he is quite short? About 5'6''?
he is indeed quite short (and has lost a lot of weight recently)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by haasha
Someone who looked like Willie Walsh in GF around 10am today, if he is quite short? About 5'6''?
You'd think he'd be in the CCR no?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm in the CCR and unpredictably, no-one that I recognise.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Gomac
You'd think he'd be in the CCR no?
Maybe he wanted to slum it for a change. You know, show he's down to earth and all that...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stu1985
Maybe he wanted to slum it for a change. You know, show he's down to earth and all that...
Following CWS's example?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Piers morgan in the AUS admirals club. You get free food if on ba and he went to help himself from the obviously bar controlled sandwhich/salad fridge. Nae manners.
What a complete tit.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by xenole
Following CWS's example?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by goldencondor
He is not liked in the UK, so many people were pleased when he decamped to the US.
What makes you think we want him any more than you do? Trump might be a terrible candidate and human being, but if he promised he would deport Piers Morgan and build a wall to keep him out, I'd have to give a Trump candidacy a second look .
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:30 am

TheBARman (see wot i did there? ) yesterday was saying he sees him a bit at aus and comments from others around are usually on the we love his show for the us camp vs what a (insert expletive here) from brits waiting for the ba flight.... Whatever, typical celeb. Bad enough having to sit and watch that rhonda rousey or whatever blub on tv again and again.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
There are some BA cars which do this so it could have been one of them. The Heathrow VIP ones are BMWs and the BA ones are jags I think.
I have been collected from the aircraft inbound from JFK and taken in a Land Rover (very posh) to flight connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.