Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
I also nearly bumped into Lorraine Kelly on the escalators to the south lounges.

Had dinner with her at a friends house once. Had no idea who she was. She kept asking if we watched the telly in the morning when we go to the UK. Then when I told her my mum lives in the UK, she kept asking if mum watched breakfast tv.

I think she was a bit put out. Oh well.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Had dinner with her at a friends house once. Had no idea who she was. She kept asking if we watched the telly in the morning when we go to the UK. Then when I told her my mum lives in the UK, she kept asking if mum watched breakfast tv.

I happened to enter a film premiere party at the same time as her many years ago and my partner was highly amused when I accidentally answered to her name. Sometimes he still calls me Lorraine to this day
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
..<snip>..Very family orientated and does an awful lot of charity work making technology available and understandable to the poorer sections of society with a view to helping them work their way out of poverty
I still thinks hes a bit odd but really have a lot of admiration for what he does
We were on a BA flight with will.i.am a couple years back, flying LAX-LHR. We had no idea he was in the F cabin til we landed. My husband, he and I were waiting for cabin bags. He intiiated a conversation with us, learned we were headed to South Africa, and told us he had recently taken his grandmother there. No airs, just a warm, friendly guy. I was impressed by that and knowledge of some of the charity work that he does.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by gkyip
I thought that was her! Sat in row 3. Far away from the "party" going on on the back row of Club!

Also had Adrian Newey going out to RAK on Monday
Yes, not sure what was happening at the back of CE, except that there was a tremendous amount of alcohol being sought from the crew and one of the pair seemed to be in some distress at one point...!

I hadn't clocked Adrian Newey on Monday as I was also on the outbound LGW-RAK. Would have tried to strike up a conversation had I known.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit

She used to live in the same village as myself, I was providing some services at her house one day and you could not miss she had framed magazine covers of herself all up the stairs and across the landing. After I had finished we were having a chat and and I asked her what she did for a living. To be honest I think I was lucky to get paid!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:40 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Jeremy Sheffield (Hollyoaks, Holby City) on BA208 MIA-LHR on Monday (11th) this week.
Waited till the very end to board - I was in CW upstairs, and boarded fairly early, so didn't see where he went.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Not BA and not really a celebrity, but Michael O'Leary was in the AA lounge at MEX yesterday morning... anyone know what that might be about?

(Poor Mexicans )
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by HighLife
Not BA and not really a celebrity, but Michael O'Leary was in the AA lounge at MEX yesterday morning... anyone know what that might be about?

(Poor Mexicans )
Maybe he was allowed to fly one of those ex-PRG fajita or sombrero fares that were cancelled for most of us...
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards

(Poor Mexicans )
Surly a major celebrity in FT circles? If he was in a lounge then would have been flying business or above (or has status). I thought he was dead against those "frills".
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Worcester
Surly a major celebrity in FT circles? If he was in a lounge then would have been flying business or above (or has status). I thought he was dead against those "frills".
Only for anyone else! A bit like the political class.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Only for anyone else! A bit like the political class.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others! Oink
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:40 am

Was in row 1 with Kelly Holmes on the MAN->LHR shuttle. She'd been doing something for BBC Radio at MediaCityUK. A few months earlier, Dietmar Hamann was on the Saturday evening flight from LHR->MAN. OK, this was actually in 2014, but I've only just spotted this thread!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:50 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Was in row 1 with Kelly Holmes on the MAN->LHR shuttle. She'd been doing something for BBC Radio at MediaCityUK. A few months earlier, Dietmar Hamann was on the Saturday evening flight from LHR->MAN. OK, this was actually in 2014, but I've only just spotted this thread!
Careful! You might bother the Pedant Squad!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

(Poor Mexicans )
There's been chatter about LCC developments in central america.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Worcester
I'm told there are "reciprocal cordialities" among airline high rankers: though it's not clear what bit of reciprocal to upgrades MOL could provide.

I'm sure he's dead against providing the frills, but it would be rude to turn them down when offered ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.