Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Conan O'Brian in the seat behind me on last Monday's BA 269 LHR-LAX. Some pink haired lady had a bunch of completely out of control toddlers and very fearful entourage too. Some young english guy with a lot of prescription drugs was in my seat at boarding time and he was so out of it that as the crew moved him when I turned up that he started ranting at them and me (he left his BP, he was a blue - natch). Long story short: BA F to&from LA is weird.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
First time I've seen this thread since my return from FT hibernation....

No famous people this year on BA but did share the F cabin with Lionel Richie on LHR-JFK last summer. Even broke my usual protocol and went and had a word and a photo (gasp!) when we were near JFK. One guy had chatted to him at the beginning of the flight and did the photo at the end so thought I'd follow suit. Seemed like a really nice bloke, even looked good in his F PJs

Also Princess Beatrice at the JFK CCR just before Xmas. Seemed ultra paranoid that people were trying to take photos.

Other randos seen in the last few years....Shirley Bassey (T5 CCR), Peter Hitchens (CW on LHR-IAD) and one bonus oneworld celeb entry from earlier this year....New York City FC onboard AA between ORD-LGA replete with some big names; Patrick Vieira, Andrea Pirlo, David Villa. Thanks to MLS rules they were all in Y!

Originally Posted by cat 35
Rod Stewart, Penny Lancaster on BA209 LHRMIA yesterday.
Sat on the neighbouring table to him at The River Cafe in Brooklyn a few months back. Bizarre just but seemed like a really nice bloke, nobody really bothered him....and his wife. Wow.

Last edited by Fraser; Dec 21, 2016 at 2:07 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Fraser
First time I've seen this thread since my return from FT hibernation...
Welcome back, Fraser. I hope you're rested and raring to rejoin the fun ^
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
One in the lounge, one on the flight

Only just discovered this thread!

A couple of years ago I was with my wife in the F lounge at Gatwick and somebody walked in with staff fawning all over him and his wife. With his black coat and long grey hair he looked vaguely familiar, so having my laptop open I googled 'aging grey haired rocker' and very quickly discovered that it was Brian May, who I learned is an astrophysicist, oh, and also lead guitarist with Queen. His wife, I also discovered, is famous in her own right, although as I have never watched East Enders, I had no idea.

We joined up with our two grown up children, who had been slumming it elsewhere at the airport, at the gate for our flight to Marrakesh. Once on board I mentioned to my son who it was I had spotted in the lounge and he said 'Yeh, but do you see who's sitting in the row behind?' I turned as subtly as I could, and yes he did look vaguely familiar. As I turned back I got it - Daniel Craig, doubtless off to do some of the filming for Spectre.

Mostly I just don't recognise people out of context, so unless others point them out, or make a fuss, I remain blissfully unaware of my fellow passengers, which is probably how they want it!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Guy Berryman avec (Coldplay bassist) on today's BA codeshare to HEL. Totally unassuming, no SS etc. I don't think anyone noticed expect of course that they're a good looking and well-dressed couple. No fuss - seem nice enough!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
Guy Berryman avec (Coldplay bassist) on today's BA codeshare to HEL. Totally unassuming, no SS etc. I don't think anyone noticed expect of course that they're a good looking and well-dressed couple. No fuss - seem nice enough!
They're probably on a TLL TP run!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Dara O'Briain in the CCR last night. Had a brief chat with him and got a selfie. Nice guy.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Just joined so seems as good a place as any to make a first post.

Sven Goran Ericsson on a NCL - LHR flight in around 2002/3
Alan Pardew - NCL-LHR a couple of times whilst he was NUFC manager.
Various dutch players on NCL-AMS over the years.
Wife was squashed against the window by Razor Ruddick on a LHR-NCL sometime after he retired.
Ashley Banjo and various other members of his dance group in Wags at LHR T5 in 2015.
Steven Yeun (Glenn from Walking Dead) LHR T5 and then Maggie's sister Beth (Emily Kinney) at the table next to us in a NY deli earlier this year.
And my favourite - Floyd Mayweather's uncle/trainer on PHI-LAS last year complete with TMT (The Money Team) tracksuit.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by gorps1
They're probably on a TLL TP run!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Seconded! ^
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:34 pm

Jude Law jumping the security queue with blonde and three of his kids at JFK on Tuesday evening. Guessing he was on the flight that left before ours as we didn't see him the next day when we boarded our 24hr delayed flight.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Mark Warburton (Rangers manager) on BA 1493 from GLA to LHR
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:02 am

Paula Radcliffe (and 2 kids) in T5 GF this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.