Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A bit of an announcement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good luck Yesitsme. ^

Much of the cost cutting that has taken place at BA over the years was first hinted at almost 12 years ago during the Rod Eddington days.
Very interesting thread here about it.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by headingwest
One secret I want CIHY to disclose is how does he manage to answer questions when he's always offline? He must be lurking in stealth mode as his green light is never on. Please can he explain that one?!
You need to select invisible mode in settings that way you can perve without anyone knowing.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Good luck Yesitsme. ^

Much of the cost cutting that has taken place at BA over the years was first hinted at almost 12 years ago during the Rod Eddington days.
Very interesting thread here about it.
I remember it well. I also remember said R.E. Losing his cool when I asked him a "tricky" question and started shouting at me. Good times
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Sorry to hear that, good luck with everything, and as others have said, we hope you'll stay around though we of course realize there's less reason for you to care as much going forward.

I think that too many businesses make the mistake of thinking that there's not enough correlation between compensation and performance, and so they make the mistake of just paying less. But by gradually removing the incentive, they remove the motivation for people to stay or even apply for the position, and usually the best people are the ones smart enough to leave first.

Or in simpler terms perhaps, at some point you move the carrot so far away from being obtainable that no one falls for it any more, so people start leaving en mass, and then it's really painful to recover at that point.

fwiw, it's what led me to drop out of a Ph.D program many years ago and switch career paths. That and I was getting ill from the inhalation of chloroform vapors... But that's another story for another time.

Again, good luck to you and pucci!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by T8191
No wonder I've switched to AA ...
BA & AA have a metal neutral JV across the pond so your use of one over the other makes no difference to the bottom line of BA.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
BA & AA have a metal neutral JV across the pond so your use of one over the other makes no difference to the bottom line of BA.
Yes and we all know most on here only fly AA domestic F for cheap tier points.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Sorry to hear you're leaving yesitsme, I never had the pleasure unfortunately (that I know of) but did enjoy the great cloud photos of jetsetlady. Sorry to see you both go but as others have said: best wishes for whatever paths you take now, thanks for your contributions here and on board ^^
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Best of luck in the next adventure! I enjoyed reading your posts and hope this doesn't mean an end to your contribution here.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
The BA Chase CC discount from this side of the pond is BA metal only.

Back on topic, it is really disturbing that things are so bad that people are feeling that they have to end their careers with BA prematurely. I hope that they all find fulfilling other careers or have enjoyable retirements.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Its sad that you have been left with no choice really but to leave Yesitsme

Good luck for the future
Old Dec 24, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well waiting for the money to be in the bank before for saying anything says it all really, it's a shame that you don't want to spend time telling people on here what you have been through as I'm sure it's more interesting then which seats have more legroom.
You could jump ship and let us know!

Go on......
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Good luck for the future.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good luck to all in their new endeavours

We will be expecting regular gossip updates
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Yes good luck - the "insider's view" has been much appreciated and very interesting.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:40 am

Good luck for the future Yesitsme and Merry Christmas.

I had a trip on GATP a few days ago and it was only the fantastic BA crew who made it less than unpleasant.1C was a big mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.