Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A bit of an announcement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know I've flown with Jetsetlady to JFK, and I imagine I've flown with Yesitsme somewhere sunny, and I'm very grateful for the work you and your former colleagues do to keep me, and many thousands of other passengers, safe and comfortable. I guess this may not have been your preferred course of events, but what I really do hope is that in a year or two you will be able to look back and feel that in fact it worked out well for you. It often does.

Good luck, Jetsetlady and Yesitsme, I hope new horizons - on land, sea or air, open up for you. Merry Christmas and a happy, brave, New Year to both of you.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your well wishes. I've no intentions of biatching about the company as I really don't want to waste my time on it. Let's just say that the company is unrecognisable from when I started many years ago and I'd rather not spend any more time with such a company. No doubt changes will be noticed by customers as well, as so many people have left - we're talking over a hundred, either via VR or transfer to MF.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
All the best for the future - I hope it all works out for all involved.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well waiting for the money to be in the bank before for saying anything says it all really, it's a shame that you don't want to spend time telling people on here what you have been through as I'm sure it's more interesting then which seats have more legroom.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
so many people have left - we're talking over a hundred, either via VR or transfer to MF.
Best wishes to you for the future.

I'm assuming by the first acronym you mean "voluntary redundancy" but no idea what "transfer to MF" means. Can you elaborate?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some LGW crew have moved to MF at LHR as for them it's the best of the options available.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:24 pm

A shame. Good luck.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Mixed Fleet
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Xiamen Air?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When Mixed Fleet is the best option you can guess how bad the other choices are.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:30 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think you will find she has been waiting for the money to be in the bank!
Exactly - unless she has signed a gagging clause there's little that they can do to stop her.

I'm so sorry and this is, I am assuming, part of the slashing and burning that has gone on down in Gatwick. Some it is true were close to retirement and this has just concentrated the mind. They were on the higher salaries and they were exactly whom they wanted out. So now BA aspires to be a nasty little low cost wannabee flying aircraft from defunct carriers (They haven't even bothered to get rid of the BMI sign on the system) with pokey little seats and cheapjack meals whenever they can get away with them. Extended Breakfast and Afternoon Tea are snacks not meals.

As for Long Haul Gatwick, those 777 are flogged half to death - what they crew have to tell me about the defects is a disgrace.

I have retired - there now you all know - and the only thing that keeps me flying with them are the crews. When they've all been hired through the Farmer's Gazette or whatever its Lithuanian equivalent is then I suppose that will mutate to something else. Dear Yesitsme - you'll miss some aspects of the life but not having to "sell" all the cheap cuts. One poor Purser was given one hot breakfast for three Club passengers. They told her - make it sound as if it's better than a cooked option - it's cheaper. She was not alone.

Grief! what a poisonous old woman I sound. You'd think it was Halloween rather than Christmas!!

So - Happy Christmas to all - now I can really write some TFTGs if they are still of interest. Happy Christmas most of all to the OP.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:32 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well waiting for the money to be in the bank before for saying anything says it all really, it's a shame that you don't want to spend time telling people on here what you have been through as I'm sure it's more interesting then which seats have more legroom.
Your impossible grammar and direct approach make you a breath of fresh air. You'll be saying that you don't give a monkeys who sits in 1A/1K next

Happy Christmasxxx
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Good luck for the future
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lovely to hear from you Pooch, I have known for a while that you wings have been clipped and your legs are now permanently up, when I go I won't be keeping any secrets.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It seems the workplace is becoming harsh and unpleasant in many spheres. Sign of the times and so sad that BA isn't better than this.

Good luck and happy Christmas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.