Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar flights crediting to BA account

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Originally Posted by rossmacd
This is exactly what happens.
Worked for me too but sometimes two weeks after instead of the next week.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bachartc
Normally posts occur on a Wednesday after the flight
This was the case for me too when I flew in August
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Does anyone have any recent experience as to whether the process is now smoother. I am waiting (over three weeks now) for my QR flights to credit. While I am prepared to wait, these TPs will elevate Mrs srbrenna to Gold. We have some flights coming up on BA next week and her status will determine the amount of Avios that she gets. Lounges aren't an issue as I can guest her in.

I guess another question is that will BA retrospectively correct the Avios (I'm guessing the answer is no!)?

Last edited by srbrenna; Oct 20, 2016 at 3:47 am
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:30 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bachartc
Normally posts occur on a Wednesday after the flight
Indeed, points do normally post on a Wednesday.

Originally Posted by rossmacd
This is exactly what happens.
Originally Posted by sebanto2001
Worked for me too but sometimes two weeks after instead of the next week.
But as others have stated as someone who has travelled frequently on QR over the last couple of years it has on occasion taken up to 3 weeks for a flight to post automatically. I would give it at least 2 weeks before considering claiming.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I guess another question is that will BA retrospectively correct the Avios (I'm guessing the answer is no!)?
They should, but you will need to call BA to have it corrected.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
You should only ever wait 2 Wednesdays before calling BA.

Give them a ring and they'll add the request onto the QR Spreadsheet.

Hopefully it'll be sorted quickly for you.

Safe travels,

M
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This thread could probably be merged into the other, but as per my message a moment ago -

The longest you should ever wait, is 2 Wednesdays.

If the TPs and Avios haven't posted by then, call BA and ask for the request to be added onto the QR Spreadsheet.

Safe travels,

M
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I think there might be a gremlin in the system currently. I've been waiting almost 4 weeks for a total of 8 flights to post. Actually this thread has reminded me that I must remember to follow these up.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
This thread could probably be merged into the other, but as per my message a moment ago -

The longest you should ever wait, is 2 Wednesdays.

If the TPs and Avios haven't posted by then, call BA and ask for the request to be added onto the QR Spreadsheet.

Safe travels,

M
Mea Culpa! I was looking at the other thread yesterday and refreshed it.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I think there might be a gremlin in the system currently. I've been waiting almost 4 weeks for a total of 8 flights to post. Actually this thread has reminded me that I must remember to follow these up.
Agree. I just waited a month and ended up filling in the online missing Partner point form after which they posted within 48 hours.

As a point of reference I was travelling with four colleagues and no one received the points automatically. It was a flight from Bangalore.

Normally I receive the points within a week.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:11 am

Mmm, this is sod's law for me.

Travelled CPH-DOH-BKK on Sun/Mon this week, with those TPs being sufficient to take me to GGL.

Have flights next Tues where I could really have used the joker & CCR.

Knew it would be tight, but I gather you can't claim partner flights for 7 days, and that'll be too late. Damn...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Wait 7 days from date of travel, and then put in a claim.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Wait 7 days from date of travel, and then put in a claim.
But we know 95% of the time they'll post on Wednesday the week after, so if the above poster is flying Sunday/Monday there's a chance they won't post on the immediate Wednesday anyway so there's not much point in putting a claim in surely?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Bumping....

Does anyone have any recent experience as to whether the process is now smoother. I am waiting (over three weeks now) for my QR flights to credit. While I am prepared to wait, these TPs will elevate Mrs srbrenna to Gold. We have some flights coming up on BA next week and her status will determine the amount of Avios that she gets. Lounges aren't an issue as I can guest her in.

Flew OSL-DOH-BKK on Saturday 1st Oct, points in my account on Wednesday 5th Oct. Flew BKK-DOH on Friday 07th Oct, and DOH-OSL on Saturday 08th Oct. Nothing had credited my BAEC account by Saturday 15th so i put in a claim on the website. On Monday 17th, email recieved saying claim approved and points were in my account.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by BERbound
Flew OSL-DOH-BKK on Saturday 1st Oct, points in my account on Wednesday 5th Oct. Flew BKK-DOH on Friday 07th Oct, and DOH-OSL on Saturday 08th Oct. Nothing had credited my BAEC account by Saturday 15th so i put in a claim on the website. On Monday 17th, email recieved saying claim approved and points were in my account.
Similar for me ... Flew 2 segments on 29/30 September ... posted the following Wednesday as per the standard experience ... Flew 2 more segments on 9th/10th October ... didn't post last Wednesday or yesterday ... guess I'll be putting in a claim too

Sounds like there may be a bit of an issue with QR posting at the moment

Last edited by EvilDoctorK; Oct 20, 2016 at 2:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.