Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar flights crediting to BA account

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia

Further proof, given a choice, one seems not to be inclined to pay money to BA & QR needs perhaps to up their FF program as the majority of us won't credit there.. which is lost marketing/ ancillary profit.
Have the majority looked into the QR programme and actually determined that there is an issue with its programme ?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Outbound on 29/30 October (LHR-DOH-CGK) and inbound on 2 Nov (CGK-DOH-LHR) posted 10 Nov.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I flew QR on Oct 26th and on the 29th. Both were posted on my BAEC account on November 10th.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, IHG Platinum
Flew ex Ams to Nrt wednesday and back Sunday and all have posted today.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Are some flights still taking a while to post. Flown a few times recently, flights 1,2, and 4 all posted in about 3 days. Flight 3 from 13th Feb am still waiting. Filled in an online claim form after 7 days. It's not urgent but wondering at what point I might need to chase.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I found all mine (and the rest fo the family had TP's and avios posted the following Wednesday (as per and earlier post from Tobias-UK )
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by criso
Are some flights still taking a while to post. Flown a few times recently, flights 1,2, and 4 all posted in about 3 days. Flight 3 from 13th Feb am still waiting. Filled in an online claim form after 7 days. It's not urgent but wondering at what point I might need to chase.
Chase after two Wednesdays.

So, you're three Wednesdays in, and I'd suggest giving BA a call to be added to the 'spreadsheet'.

M
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Chase after two Wednesdays.

So, you're three Wednesdays in, and I'd suggest giving BA a call to be added to the 'spreadsheet'.

M
Thanks will give them a bell tomorrow. I hadn't noticed the Weds thing until I looked at this thread and realised the other 3 flights had all posted on a Weds
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by stewaran
I found all mine (and the rest fo the family had TP's and avios posted the following Wednesday (as per and earlier post from Tobias-UK )
Is posting on a Wednesday still the case if booked with BA flight numbers?

My last 4 QR flights have posted 2 days after the flight

Flew on Thursday 1st Feb, Posted on the 3rd
Flew on Friday 2nd Feb, Posted on the 4th
Flew on Monday 26th Feb, Posted on the 28th
Flew on Tuesday 27th Feb. Posted on the1st
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:04 am

Quick update on this. Just as I was going to contact BA got an email saying they couldn't confirm I was on the flight. Boarding pass and itinerary sent off for them to check.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by criso
Quick update on this. Just as I was going to contact BA got an email saying they couldn't confirm I was on the flight. Boarding pass and itinerary sent off for them to check.
Had the same problem recently - sorted in the end after sending boarding pass but took 2-3 weeks in total.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:42 am

QR is the only airline that has not posted routinely on my account. MH and CX were posted on the 1st Wed after the flights. 1 item that concerns me is that the itineray has multiple ticket numbers, a RTW ticket. On the boarding pass it shows the 13 digit number followed by -4. What to use in the claim form?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I purchased an upgrade from Qatar on a Qatar issued ticket but the increased TPs have not been credited to my BAEC. The other three non-upgraded legs were credited. I have the email confirmation but the boarding pass doesn't have a flight number so I'm finding it difficult to claim the missed Tier Points and Avios on the BAEC website. Who should I be contacting for the missed TPs? Can someone help?

I will need the 140 TPs to retain Silver membership. The A350 in business was worth the upgrade. Makes me wish I could fly like that for every flight I take.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:19 pm

I travelled ARN-DOH-SYD on Mar 26 then SYD-DOH-ARN on Apr 22, all routes in business. Everything credited to my BAEC account absolutely fine apart from the DOH-ARN leg, which should have tipped me into silver for the year. Tried filing a missing points form with BA and had the following response: "This is because our records show that you have already been awarded points for this flight on another frequent flyer programme. Please check the statements of any other programmes of which you are a member." My travel companion is in the same boat.

Could this be because Qatar are already in the process of applying the points to my BAEC somehow? I don't have a Qmiles account so don't see where else the points could have gone. TIA for any advice!
Old May 6, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by neothecat
I travelled ARN-DOH-SYD on Mar 26 then SYD-DOH-ARN on Apr 22, all routes in business. Everything credited to my BAEC account absolutely fine apart from the DOH-ARN leg, which should have tipped me into silver for the year. Tried filing a missing points form with BA and had the following response: "This is because our records show that you have already been awarded points for this flight on another frequent flyer programme. Please check the statements of any other programmes ofwhich you are a member." My travel companion is in the same boat.

Could this be because Qatar are already in the process of applying the points to my BAEC somehow? I don't have a Qmiles account so don't see where else the points could have gone. TIA for any advice!
This recently happened to me for a DOH-CGK leg. First step would be to repeat the online claim, BA have admitted there is a bug in the system to me. My next step was a call to the Silver Line which was no help. I approached Qatar direct as recommended by BA and they said it was a BA issue as my FF Number was clearly on my boarding pass. I then submitted a formal complaint through the system attaching my Boarding Pass and the e-mail from Qatar. Because I was still not getting a reply I used the BA twitter feed by private messaging them. They were helpful but still had to follow up a second time. Points eventually posted but two months later and not sure of was the complaint or the twitter follow up that actually resolved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.